Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hormone Testing - Please Advise

I tried posting this in the Estrogen Dominance and PCOS forum, but I didn't get any replies.... Please help....

Does anybody have experience with the saliva hormone tests? I don't have health insurance and the blood tests at clinics are too expensive ($60+ per hormone, on top of the $150 office visit, which would amount to about $400), so I'm considering ordering one of the kits online, or sending in a saliva sample.

I don't have any major symptoms, but still suspect that I MAY have a slight estrogen excess or dominance, or possibly low adrenal function. The saliva tests seem like a good option, if they're accurate.

Any comments? Advice??

(04-06-2010, 01:27 AM)Izumi Wrote:  I tried posting this in the Estrogen Dominance and PCOS forum, but I didn't get any replies.... Please help....

Does anybody have experience with the saliva hormone tests? I don't have health insurance and the blood tests at clinics are too expensive ($60+ per hormone, on top of the $150 office visit, which would amount to about $400), so I'm considering ordering one of the kits online, or sending in a saliva sample.

I don't have any major symptoms, but still suspect that I MAY have a slight estrogen excess or dominance, or possibly low adrenal function. The saliva tests seem like a good option, if they're accurate.

Any comments? Advice??

I don't have any experience with with saliva tests but it's definitely not as accurate as blood tests. But I think it's better than nothing. I don't know which hormones can be tested with saliva tests but important one's would be estrogen, progesterone, cortisol and testosterone. It's also important to do them during specific times of your cycle because they vary.

I would definitely go for it and try it!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon