Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

How to lose weight without any pills: clean up your act

How to lose weight without any pills: clean up your act
April 23 2007 at 8:23 AM Maisie (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lost the weight I wanted and what worked for me was cutting out all fast foods, not eating late at night, and avoiding anything white, like bread, tortillas, cheese, milk, sugar, etc. I sort of did the "Jarod" Subway thing and ate lot's of veggies piled high in my wheat sandwiches (strictly no mayo), baked or grilled chicken, and always ate balanced meals with low carbs and tried to follow the pyramid grid. Of course low to moderate excercise always works, that goes without saying.

Author Reply
Cynthia
(no login) Re: How to lose weight without any pills: clean up your act May 11 2007, 8:22 AM

I admire your discipline and I say well done but it's not easy for everyone to find it. Plus time is a problem to always prepare the right foods and when time is short the fast foods are so convenient.

lifestyle change
May 11 2007 at 12:36 AM Paula Longstreet (Login butterfly40)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, Thought I'd add come over and try to get some info on natural health supplements and eating.
Sound's like alot of different ideas and helpful tips.

I have heard that making a "lifestyle "change by eating more veggies and fruits, getting more fiber in diet, lean protein,
fish, fiber from: lentils, whole grains and nuts, etc.
But it all boils down to disciplining oneself to make that cjange which is the hard part!
I have tried on my own and it is hard because of cravings I get during the day or t night, then my schedule, fast food is very convenient!
But I have tried different herbs such as bladderwack,bee pollen,Gota cola ( for mental stamina), American desert herb.
They are all good you and helps with blood sugar (stablizing ) and chromium is also good for that.
I have heard that cla is also good for fat-burning and muscle toning.
It is a omega oil.
I personally cannot do this on my own and use a healthy appetite suppressant (not hoodia) that helps with cravings.
It has natural herbs in it.
If you can disclipline yourself to eat right and exercise on your own that is great but I found this supplement helps me make better food choices and lifestyle changes.

Author Reply
Cynthia
(no login) Re: lifestyle change May 11 2007, 8:19 AM

Does the supplement you take really work for appetite suppression? A few years ago I used to take Bladderwrack and it worked for me somewhat but not fantastic. For me I think appetite suppression is the key.

shakes
May 31 2006 at 6:01 PM tammy (Login tammyrita)

Hi everyone!
I just wanted to let everyone know how I lost weight. I took protien shakes made from vegetable protien - no whey and no soy. I ate very healthy - its called the meditarranean way, lots of fruits and veggies. I kept my colon clean and killed any parasites. I also took up walking the BEST exercise. Of course I cheated and still had some junkfood, But, I don't think it is possible to loose weight heathfully without some kind of exercise and walking seems to be the best.
I also am doing a liver cleanse at present time and its helped with my bloated tummy ( among other benefits).
Losing weight too fast is not good for your body it screws up your metabolism, so that it just becomes easier for the weight to come back on when you stop the "PILL" or "DIET".

Just a little input from someone who probably know nothing!
Cheers!

Tammy

Author Reply
Aphrodite
(no login) Re: shakes June 1 2006, 11:01 AM

I think your advice is very good. Don't be modest, your words are worth anyone's time to read. I think most important is what you say about losing weight too fast: it's not good for you because as you say it screws up your metabolism, so that it just becomes easier for the weight to come back on. That's the really big mistake that so many people make.

Edit Message Delete Message

Natasha
(no login) Re: shakes August 11 2006, 10:13 AM

Exercise is the best for weight loss. You really can't beat it. Never mind about fad diets and suchlike, all you really need is to eat sensibly and take exercise. If you do that you will succeed.

leaving arizona
(Login leavingarizona) Re: shakes August 12 2006, 9:01 AM

tammy
Thanks for your realistic words of wisdom. Do you live with other people that adopted the same diet? If so, did they like it or complain about it? It would be nice to find a diet plan that would be a healthy way for growing children to eat also. From what I have read on the internet about the medeterainion diet sounds yummy. Did you eat any meat, grains, or olive oil?
Thanks

Yes, you can eat out while on your diet!
February 12 2007 at 2:40 AM Cathy (Login Cathy6329)

If you must eat out at a resauruant or fast food, its perfectly okay.
If you choose a fatty fast food place, to name a few, burger king, mcdonalds, or wendys, make sure to get a grilled chickan salad with no dressing. Dressing will waste your workout, puting the fat right back where its been burned. I find the mandarin orange salads to be quite tasty with out any dressing at all. Stay away from low fat dressings as well, it goes straight to your thighs and belly.
Another great place would be Toojays. Its a deli, that provides a healthy part of the menu, with salads, wraps, and platters containing low low fat ingrediants. Also a good fast food place is Chickan Kitchen, that is all grilled chickan. Be strong and refuse pizzas, or fatty crispy fried chickan, and stay on the healthier side. Even pizza places have grilled chickan sandwiches, which you can ask for it w/o mayo. If no low fat is available at the restaurunt, go for the veggietarian items. Veggies have no fat!

Author Reply
Roger
(no login) Re: Yes, you can eat out while on your diet! February 27 2007, 9:12 AM

Man cannot live without pizza. Such a proposition is unreasonable.

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yes, you can eat out while on your diet! February 28 2007, 1:58 AM

You can eat pizza, just don't eat the whole thing. The next day eat tuna sandwich on whole wheat and a salad.

Miss Jones
(Login miss.jones) Re: Yes, you can eat out while on your diet! February 18 2008, 9:38 AM

I agree you're not likely to eat too many calories if you go veggie. Animal fats are always the biggest problem for accumulating more calories than you think.

I lost 10 lbs without exercise
September 14 2007 at 3:59 PM lassysam (Login lassysam)

I just changed the things that I ate.
I eat fruit every single day for breakfast. I have 3 pieces of fruit and a cup of coffee [just can't seem to give up that coffee]
Then for lunch I have an enormous salad without any meat and a bowel of vegetarian chili. Dinner is usually either salad and beans or stir fry, sometimes Salmon and veggies.
The idea is to eat nutrient dense foods. The healthiest choices are raw fruits and vegetables.
I read the "Eat To Live" book by Dr Fuhrman. It has totally changed my life!
I have never eaten this healthy before.
And I don't even manage to follow this plan all the time, but I continue to lose weight, slowly but surely the scale is dropping.
I have learned a lot about nutrition and once you start eating fresh fruit and veggies, losing weight really becomes quite easy. The more of it you eat, the more weight you will lose.
No diet pills needed.

Author Reply
Alisha
(no login) Re: I lost 10 lbs without exercise November 9 2007, 9:03 AM

Well done, you are an example to us all. Your post is a good reminder that eating sensibly is the key.

Penny
(no login) Re: I lost 10 lbs without exercise December 16 2008, 10:15 AM

Yes if you make the right food choices you can eat as much as you like! It's the truth.

Hi,
I tell you some tips to lose weight with out pills.........
Just make a runteen for daily walk at least 3 km and do some common exercises, avoid oily food..... do this little practice you surly loss your weight.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon