Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Question for BO users

Ok a little history. I have recently lost 10 lbs then started taking fenugreek, red clover, & saw palmetto. I have felt some pains & I'm slightly fuller but I immediately began gaining weight, especially in my hips & abdomen. So my question is am I right in my understanding that BO doesnt put on the pounds? Also those who have used both herbs & BO (at different times of course) which had quicker results. I understand everyone is different & you have to find what works for you. Also can u still take msm & collagen stuff with BO? I am also taking a lot of pills & like the idea of only one pill 3x/day. Any input would be helpful thx. Heart

I did both, and had no problems with either putting on weight, even though i was hoping i would.
I do take bo now, I have better results than with herbs. I hated taking all the pills also.
I take msm, biotin, collagen and a few other things with bo. I'm assuming as long as you arent taking estrogenic herbs with the bo, you should be ok.

I think from what I've read, herbs make you put on weight. I haven't seen anyone on BO who had problem with weight. You can use other supplements with BO as long as they don't have phytoestrogen. A lot of people go wrong with soy, soy has phytoestrogens. I'm a little conserned about taking msm though. It has cleansing properties, so wouldn't it stall growth? I don't know how strong of a cleanser it is. But I get the feeling that with NBE, some build up is needed.

I've done herbs, BO, pump, etc. and in my opinion BO and pumping has been the best for me. Herbs gave me nasty side effects including weight gain, cellulite, loss of sex drive, hair falling out more, more acne, moodiness, painful periods, more severe periods, etc. etc. etc. BO never did that to me, I took Ultra Breast for 6 months and never had any bad side effects, I believe it fixed what herbs messed up. But I also think my results come from pumping. Good luck! If you decide to change from herbs to BO, I would do a cleanse first before moving on to BO that way you have a fresh start. I took collagen, EPO and flaxseed oil while taking BO, I didn't take msm though so don't know about it.

Thanks so much this has helped answer my questions.

BO itself isn't supposed to cause weight gain, BUT some gals do find that if they over do the protein shakes they are taking with it, then they can see some gain.

I found that over the christmas holidays, that the added food that normally wouldn't have affected me too much did this time around, since I was drinking shakes and increased food intake. Once I got back to a normal eating routine and worked out, the extra fell off.

Mel

Another question. Is it ok to still use the lotions & concoctions w fenugreek etc with BO since it is not systemic or will this still work against the BO?

Herbs used even in massage DO go into the body! It's just a more targeted way to do it. Your skin is like a sponge, it sucks up everything you put on it and it goes into your blood stream, so using FG topically is the same as taking it internally, so I would say it's a no no to use while taking BO.

I did herbs and it didn't help me to gain a lot of weight just my period became messy and cause a lot of pain to me. When I am on BO I started gaining weight with the protein when I take 1/2 of the recommended daily allowances. Now I am taking only 1/4 of the recommneded daily allowances for my weight and my weight was ok.

This month as I am travelling a lot I didn't take the whey protein shakes as usual. I am still having soreness and growth pain by the end of my cycle. I am still growing too.

Crystalelle,

are you still getting the recommended 80-99 grams of protein w/o the whey Or are you jus getting in as much as you can?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon