Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

[archive] Why this whole idea sucks

Why this whole idea sucks
May 24 2006 at 8:44 PM Bridget  (Login bridget.j)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can understand why women want boob jobs if they're really flat as a pancake and it's really having a psychological effect on them. But what freaks me out are these girls who look at thick ``celebrities'' getting them done and emulating them. Or getting a boob job because they want to attract men. If you are so preoccupied with your boobs that you're willing to sleep with some stupid contraction on for 11 hours or risk your life by going under general anaesthetic to have bigger boobs then you really need to take a look at your life. Or at least read some Germaine Greer or Naomi Wolf and realize that you are worth more than your appearance! Don't waste your precious time comparing your boobs/weight to other women's and concentrate on improving what's on the inside, making your mark on the world, and enjoying life as much as possible.
Not referring to anyone here, but jesus it's no wonder some men treat women like second-class citizens when they fixate on their bodies constantly or get their tits out for lad's mag/reality TV show.
Take the 2,000 quid or whatever it costs for that bra and spend it on a college course or a decent holiday. And yes, let the small boobs run free! At least they won't sag down to your belly button when you're 60 *frightful flashback of accidentally seeing my granny coming out of the bath with said saggy boobs*!

Author Reply
Melanie
(no login) Re: Why this whole idea sucks May 25 2006, 6:34 PM 

Wanting to look more womanly does not automatically mean that someone is fixated with their breasts.

Edit Message  Delete Message   

Midnightoil
(Login midnightoil7) Re: Why this whole idea sucks July 2 2006, 4:55 AM 

If members choice to have a boob job, beware implants are not with out risk. Also think about the implants are filled with, some of the substance you may not want in your body. Best way is the natural way

Midnightoil

Lucy
(no login) bigger not always better August 6 2006, 5:32 PM 

Hey! been reading this forum for a while, I'm a fashion Stylist so I'm someone who works on a day to day basis looking at perfect bodies etc etc.

First of all I would like to say... It is a fashion stylist's nightmare to have to 'dress' massive boobs, they don't look good in clothes and they make people look overall a much larger dress size than what they probably are. Most of the people I style are a A or B cup.

One of the most stylish, beautiful woman on the planet is Kate Moss who is a 32A enough said really! Keira Knightley - 32A/B, Kate Hudson 32A.... the list goes on and on...

I think this trend to have large breasts stems from C list 'celebrities' and glamour models with fake tans and hair extensions... and take this from someone who knows a lot about clothing and fashion... it is not a good look and is not fashionable!

I have seen so many 'botch' jobs and horrific scarring its unbelievable- just last week I saw a model with one small nipple on one breast and her other nipple had been stretched so much it literally covered her whole breast!

Girls don't waste your money- buy a handbag, a nice pair of jeans and some decent makeup!

Cheers

Lucy

Mandy
(no login) Re: Why this whole idea sucks August 9 2006, 7:51 PM 

I agree that massive boobs don't look good in clothes. I've noticed that if someone wants to put really good clothes on having over-sized boobs really ruins the effect. I've had that thought several times.

GingerD
(Login gingerD)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Why this whole idea sucks August 24 2006, 11:42 AM 

this is in responce to original post

I feel your coments regarding aboob job are aliitle unfair,I am a 32A-With alittle room in my bra,
I am not obsessed by my aperance, or feel presure to look a certain way, if you met me im an enthusiastic very confident person but when you are unhappy with somthing why the hell not change it?

I have not had a boob job, i was booked in for one but the way i was treated made me feel the cosmetic industry is only interested in money making not for the wealfair or mentality of their patients, so i have now looked at NBE which is working!!!!

"The 11 hour machine you mention" is used by many of the people on this foum and i personally find you affencive saying we need to "look at our lives", may be you should look at yours, why post on a forum specifically for people wanting bigger breasts, you don't so why r you here?From most of your comments i can only assume you are happy with you cup size refering to "people flat as pancakes" is uncalled for(its only funny in the right contexed)and i definatly feel you will be bigger than an A cup, this is going to sound bitchy, but "concentrating on the inside" and "why do it impressing men" or "some men treat women like second-class citizens" lead me to belived you are fat are you on the wrong forum?-Not nice to be judged is it

sorry to all others forum members for this out burst but it has really anoyed me.

Natalie
(Login Natalie.) Re: Why this whole idea sucks August 27 2006, 9:07 PM 

I agree, if you are unhappy about something why not change it? It's hardly sensible to feel negative about something but not do anything about it when you know you can. THat does not make you fixated.

Kristen
(no login) agree with OP May 28 2007, 8:24 PM 

As a completely flat-chested (not even A cup) girl myself, I have to say that messages like the one from the OP actually make me feel a lot better. I don't understand why so many people here get all sensitive and offended at these types of messages. They aren't meant to be offensive and as much as you may hate to admit it, there is a little bit of truth to them. Why be so obsessed with breast size? And to people who say "If you don't like something why not change it?" that's a little off. Breasts are not like hair or clothes. There are serious health risks associated with getting breast implants. When I was 19, my parents took me to a plastic surgeon for a consultation about it and by the time the meeting was over, she had me scared out of my mind to ever consider implants again. I would honestly rather be totally flat-chested than have breast implants after what she told me. I see nothing wrong with trying breast massages and natural herbs, but if they don’t work you really need to learn how to just accept yourself. There is a point where “changing what you don’t like” goes too far.
Work out a lot, get a fit and toned body that other women envy, eat healthy, find a nice hair colorist and get the best hair you can . . . learn how to do your make up nicely and buy nice clothes. Find hobbies and get good at them. Then maybe you'll quit focusing so much on what you don't like about yourselves and start focusing on all the things you do like.

Christina
(no login) Re: Why this whole idea sucks May 31 2007, 9:03 AM 

I agree with Kristen, I think most women have a strong tendency to focus on the things they don't like about themselves. I hate to say it, but in this way women seem to be a lot more negative than men, who are far more inclined to see their good points.

Sammie
(no login) my point of view June 6 2007, 10:24 AM 

i just want to share this with you...
im 20 and between a UK size 6&8, i barely fill a 32AA. And like Kirsten suggests, i work out a lot, have a fit and toned body that other women envy, i eat healthy, im a hairdresser and really do get the best from my hair, i do my make up nicely and... i struggle to buy nice clothes as i cant find anything to fit! ive tried to put on weight, IT DIDNT HELP! So on the outside i 'might' look good, but on the inside i feel ugly, diffrent, unwomanly, self consiouse, if im on the beach in a bikini (which is very very rare) i look like a 7 year old!! put yourself in my posistion, try and think just what it feels like to live with what feels like an deformaty!! And if given an option to change that, wouldnt you??
Replies welcome

Corrie
(Login Corrie73) Re: Why this whole idea sucks June 10 2007, 5:56 AM 

If it is truly a deformity than of course you should try to change it. But a lot of us are large A, B and even C cups and are still obsessed with our breasts just because that seems to be somewhat 'in' right now. I've been doing NBE for more than 7 months, and honestly, I am getting kind of sick of it. I have gained a little bit of breast, but I've also gained weight from the herbs and protein shakes, and cellulite. Now I am looking at the skinny, super-fit women at the gym (with small boobs) and remembering that's what I looked like! Duh! Now I'm back in the gym and more focused on getting my tone body back. I'll still work on enlarging my boobs a little bit, but I'm taking the obsessive focus off. In fact, I haven't done a massage in like two weeks and I don't really care!

Good luck everyone...I truly support all of you and your choices. Smile

Louise
(no login) Re: Why this whole idea sucks June 12 2007, 8:02 PM 

Thanks Ginger, I saw this on the Brava page and really wanted a rant but couldn't think how to say what I wanted politely - you beat me to it! In a perfect world you would be able to reshape your body like plasticine so you could be skinny all over for a long tight dress and curvy in a bikini. I am bottom heavy and I don't like it! I don't think it looks attractive on me or on other people, obviously the grass is greener on the other side and I don't think a cup size or two will fix all our problems but it will fix some of them....I've always had a v bad body image and am now reasonably accepting of how I look but just want my top half to balance with my bottom half to be the same dress size all over not an 8 on top and 10 round the hips. I look fine dressed but unbalanced naked. Also my husband keeps in shape so his body is attractive and I would like mine to be too. I agree there is more to life but I am lucky to be happy in other areas and not happy with my figure so why not try to change my figure rather than taking a college course or a holiday (where I would be embarassed by lack of bust in a swimsuit).

p.s. I esp liked the fat remark!

littledrummergirl
(Login littledrummergirl) impossible to not to be obsessed August 3 2007, 12:09 PM 

Honestly, I really think that if implants will make a person feel better about themselves then go for it. I am 32 A bra size and I think i am beautiful the way I am, however I would live to have bigger breasts. Even though I feel good about myself in general, I don't feel womanly or sexy because I hardly have any breasts, and yes maybe women do fixate on breast size, but it's only because the rest of society does too, It's just a biological fact that a curvy figure is a sign of fertility and womanhood, which is why it's attractive to men. When you see big full breasts flaunted everywhere you look, and men drooling over them and you don't have them then it's easy to feel like something's lacking. If a woman has small breasts and really truly is comfortable and happy with that then that is awesome! I however, like many others am not, it's doesn't mean I have a psychological problem. Everyone strives to be the best that they can whether it be physically, mentally or whatever. It's up to each individual. If you feel you could use some improvement, then why not?

rita
(no login) Re: Why this whole idea sucks January 20 2008, 12:34 AM 

tota lly agree with Sammie do feel deformed in some way if unhappy why not have surgery am sick of people judging others kate moss is not attractive especially her drug habits anyw ay over rated do not feel feminine with 32a chest

For those considering surgery
March 27 2006 at 6:56 AM Juanita (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not a slam against breast implants. I'm very much in favour of breast implants if it makes someone happy, but I'm also appreciate of natural breasts. They both have advantages and although natural breasts may be smaller that doesn't mean they're not beautiful. When surgery works well implants are great, but inevitably look fake no matter what. So remember that if your natural breasts aren't perfect, implants won't be either. Even if the surgeon did a really good job, it still looks different. Because implants don't move or flatten you can never have perfect breasts with implants. No implants looks natural, although a very good surgery may come close to perfection, but never that close. Also remember that implants have a lot of risks and need to be redone after so many years. It's not just one operation and that's the end of it. You have to think what you're gaining to make you want to give up your natural breasts which may be more beautiful than you think. Bigger isn't always better and that's the thing I think everyone should remember most of all.

Author Reply
Ally
(no login) Re: For those considering surgery April 14 2006, 11:53 AM

You're right. Only natural breasts could ever be described as beautiful. fake knockeers may look good in a way but they could never be beautiful.

Terrible boob job
September 9 2006 at 10:40 PM Kerrie (no login)

A friend of mine has had a boob job. I saw her yesterday for the first
time since she had it done. Unfortunately she has gone for the two small
footballs look. Terrible, she had pretty nice breasts before.

Author Reply
Angela
(no login) Re: Terrible boob job September 10 2006, 8:14 AM

Some women that have boob jobs these days are absolutely fine but have it done anyway. Why is it that "Medical" science has failed to make the implants of a consistency that is at least a little bit more realistic or is it a matter of cost- the more you pay the better the implants do the most expensive ones wobble and bounce??

Edit Message Delete Message

Amy
(no login) Differences... October 9 2006, 7:41 PM

Every women is different and requests a different look so I don't think it's so much medical science as it is different individuals. Every women forms a different amount of scar tissue, has a diff. amount of fatty tisse in their breast, has a diff. size pectoral muscule, and diff. level of skin elasticity. I personally just believe the smaller you go the more natural you are going to look. If you have a tiny frame opt for smaller breasts and if you have a more voluptous frame opt for larger ones. I have a theory that if you lose weight before breast augmentation your breasts will deflat but extra, slightly saggy skin will be left, then the doctor puts the implants in and there is more room and the skin is just getting filled out rather than severely stretched across the chest.:-)

Elsie
(no login) Re: Terrible boob job October 20 2006, 10:02 PM

That theory makes a lot of sense, but with my luck |I'd lose weight elsewhere and none from the breasts (although in some ways that wouldn't be a bad thing). I agree that every situation is so much dependent on the individual and you can't reallly generalise about boob jobs. Every women thinking about an op has to seek the right solution for her particular body.

lola
(no login) How long? January 20 2008, 6:30 AM

I think I know what you mean by 'two small footballs' look. I wonder what the reason might be though - is it because her implants are too small, they havent't dropped yet (might look better in a bit), or the PS didnt do a good job? I'm scared something like that might happen to me, and that's definitely not the look I'm after.

how long ago did your friend have the surgery, as of the date of your post?

thanks,
-lola

Miss Jones
(Login miss.jones) Re: Terrible boob job January 21 2008, 8:10 AM

It won't be because the implants are too small, but it might be because the implants are too big.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon