Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Will breast implants sacrifice nipple sensation?

Will breast implants sacrifice nipple sensation?
March 30 2006 at 9:51 AM Dee (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will breast implants sacrifice nipple sensation? That is my question. I want breast implants because I've always wanted larger breasts, but I have a couple of concerns: first, my nipple sensation is am important part of my sex life with my husband, who's not so keen on the idea of implants, and I dont want to loose that sensation. I've heard some say nipple sensitivity is lost on a temporary basis, but my own doctor says it could be permanent. Any advice, experience? Then second, I want kids in a few years, so what about breast feeding? finally, for those who have implants, is there regular maintenance required? I hear that women have to get them adjusted every decade or so. Is this true? Thanks for any advice or testimonials, it is appreciated.

Author Reply
Ally
(no login) Re: Will breast implants sacrifice nipple sensation? April 14 2006, 11:57 AM

Well if your own doctor said that I would tend to believe him. And yes you can't just have a boob job and thats it. You have to have it redone every 5 to 10 years.

Edit Message Delete Message

Bec
(no login) Re: Will breast implants sacrifice nipple sensation? April 20 2006, 11:03 AM

Someone I know claim that sensitivity has been increased since the surgery. Not sure if it's placebo effect or what, but that's what she claim.

Maryam
(no login) Re: Will breast implants sacrifice nipple sensation? May 31 2006, 11:11 AM

I have gone thru breast lift surgery, but does not look like a good job anyway. this breast lift has reduced the cup size which I am most upset about. I have a lot of scarring internally and it is 2 years now. ofcourse have lost sensation due to cutting of nerves around the area as well...

Veronica
(no login) Re: Will breast implants sacrifice nipple sensation? January 26 2007, 8:23 AM

I had implants almost 8 years ago. As far as the nipple sensation being lost, I'm afriad that yes it could happen. I wouldn't say in my case it was a drastic loss of sensitivity, but there was some loss because I know without doubt it's not been quite the same since.

cups2b
(no login) Re: Will breast implants sacrifice nipple sensation? February 24 2007, 8:51 PM

A friend of mine has got implants and she lost most of the feeling in her nipples.

Surgery reduced cup size
May 31 2006 at 11:12 AM Maryam (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have gone thru breast lift surgery, but does not look like a good job anyway. this breast lift has reduced the cup size which I am most upset about. I have a lot of scarring internally and it is 2 years now. ofcourse have lost sensation due to cutting of nerves around the area as well...

Author Reply
Annie
(no login) Re: Surgery reduced cup size June 5 2006, 8:08 PM

I believe it is normal for a breast lift to involve some reduction in size. Don't think it was just a bad job in your case, I believe that is how it's always done.

Maryam
(no login) Re: Surgery reduced cup size June 7 2006, 9:28 AM

I am still not happy about reducing cup size, not to mention there is loss sensitivity around the aerola, but what is more after 2 years I see a sign of sagging justnow, so I am thinking why have the surgery at all? I see a little sagging, so I'm thinking what was that surgery about?

Trixie
(no login) Re: Surgery reduced cup size January 16 2007, 9:54 AM

Well it's impossible for a breast lift to give you a permanent result, though I admit it's disappointing if it hasn't lasted longer than in your case. You're right to think it should last longer than it has.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon