Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Candida and Body Temperature

All the discussion lately on another thread has got me thinking about body temperature again. Out of curiosity, I decided to take my temp on day one and day 2 of my period. I was expecting to see my normal drop to 97.9 or so, but was pleasantly surprised to find it hanging out at 98.2. This got me going back over all the things I tried, changed ect and what effect they had on my temp. Here is a run down of what happened to me over the last year with my temp before I get started on my latest find and research.

Aug 2009 normal temp 97.7 raised to 98.3 to 98.4 the week before period. BO worked still

Early 2010, temp has dropped. 96.3 at it's lowest. 97's right before period. I became stalled in growth and found out it was my adrenals from chemo and predisone.

Spring 2010, began raw adrenal. temp now back to 97.7 but hits as high as 98.8 week before period.

July 2010 constant body temp 98.2 to 98.5 week before period as high as 98.9.

So what changed? I only took the raw adrenal for a couple of months then weaned myself back off once my temp was back to where I started. I thought this was my norm, never thought it could go higher and frankly had quit looking to try as long as it worked. Anyway, here is what changed. I began taking a massive dose of probiotics to get my IBS under control. That's the only change.

Yesterday I got to thinking about this and began researching, mainly looking for probiotic info related to temp. I was very very surprised to find it lead me elsewhere. It seems there is a ton of info out there connecting candida overgrowth to low body temp also.

Candida can lead to sluggish thyroid, IBS, and lowered adrenal function as well. Most of the articles I came across were discussing people going in for thyroid testing because they were trying to find out why their body temp was low. But these people seemed to normally come back with normal test results on the thyroid. Sound familar?

Here is an excerpt from an article about it.

Systemic Candida and Body Temperature
By Carthage

This article is about how systemic candida affects the body temperature, but exactly how, we are going to find out.
Just to dig a little deeper before we take off, in more regular medical terms body temperature is called thermarogulation and is a product of metabolical (chemical) processes inside your body, when you absorb nutrients and perform muscular work it produces energy which heats up the body.

The interrupting phase: Systemic Candida, Following two parts for some light on the leaky gut situation.

First, you got to be sure that your candida symptoms aren't caused by Aspergillus fungus, appoint doctor for advice and for tests.

As candida invades the body, it does so by penetrating the intestinal mucosa in strings called rhizoids and altering the metabolism into dysbiosis and as an effect of this turning down body temperature, as the body gets colder its immune system is weakened providing the candida with excellent environments to thrive in.
This change of tide is very hard to turn around since the gut is inflamed and now occupied by these little vermins.
What needs to be done and what is most essential of the procedures is to turn up your body temperature again since it's all an reciprocal effect of the dysbiosis made by foreign bacterias and fungi in the first place, simply when the body reaches normal temperatures again, the bacterias and excessive fungi are being dispelled while on the anti-candida protocol.

I have had terrible problems with female infections now for about 6 years. Since the birth of my last child. I had him and my body just seemed to revolt. I couldn't loose the baby weight, I had every type of infection you can name, my hormones went ape sh*%. My psoriasis began to spread uncontrollably, and I suddenly had IBS and gallbladder problems.

I began addressing all of these things seperately and managed to get myself somewhat under control, though it was a long frustrating road.

I had taken probiotics before got sloppy with it, because I began them for my psoriasis and when I didn't see a change, I moved on. I then came back to them in June. My mother takes a special brand for colitis and it has kept her flareup free for a couple of years now. I decided that it might be the only way to get my IBS under control, so I ordered them as well. They are very high dose. over 400 billion cfu's

Anyway, my IBS seems to be almost gone. My psoriasis is clearing up. And now I find that I actually have a completely normal body temp at long last. surprise!

Anyway, my whole point in this is that possibly candida could be related to some of the low body temps in others and could be worth a look. At the least adding a Candida cleanse for a couple of weeks to a program couldn't hurt, or like me add probiotics for a month and see what happens.

Yeast Overgrowth Fantastic Article

Yeast and Body Temp

The coconut diet

Good Luck, Mel

OMG Mel, that totally makes perfect sense, if you think about it! I too have been struggling with my body temp; it's always in the mid 97's. Usually gets up to a max of 97.7 in the evening. I've been taking one raw adrenal glandular supplement per day for about a week now, since I suspect I have adrenal fatigue (based on symptoms from that chart you've mentioned in past posts, which was extremely informative, thanks! Smile ). The first three days I was on the raw adrenal supplement, I had more energy than I've had in over 15 years (I'm 33 years old); usually I'm exhausted 24/7. And my temp was up to around 98.3! But after three days, I was back to being tired, and my temp's back down to the mid-97's again. Sad I was like, noooooo, what gives?!?

I've also been to the doctor like four or five times over the past six years for chronic sinus infections. Antibiotics just don't clear it up. And I also have IBS symptoms too. My allergies and asthma are exacerbated; I'm so tired all the time. I've NEVER tried probiotics. That's like the ONLY thing I haven't tried, LOL!!! Blush

I have a question for you; how many raw adrenal glandular pills did you take per day???

This is fascinating info, about the candida overgrowth/low body temp connection. I have been doing tons of research on autism (since my son has it) and I have found lots of info about yeast overgrowth and leaky gut, and the problems they cause for the whole body and mind; and not just for individuals with autism (although a high percentage of people with autism do suffer from these problems). But the connection to low body temp is new to me. I think I'll definitely be adding that to my ever-growing list of supplements!!! Big Grin And probably for my son and daughter as well. Thanks for passing along this info!!! Heart

I have my youngest son on probiotics as well. At three months he was diagnosed with milk protien allergic colitis and put on a special formula since he was so allergic he couldn't even handle breast milk. He eventually grew out of it, but still has occasional stomach problems and had a few minor learning deficits. The doctors went back and forth concerned that he might be mildly autistic also, but finally decided while he had delays, it was too mild to put in that catagory. Anyway, I had found this study a year or so ago that I think you might be really interested in.

Autism and probiotics

As for trying the probiotics the vsl brand is specifically made for people with IBS or colitis and other severe illnesses. The brands with lesser amounts of probiotics usually won't work as well for those type of illnesses. It's not cheap, but worth it I think. If you are having sinus problems be prepared when you take it you might end up with the worst runny nose you've ever had. You won't feel sick, you will just be draining sooo much mucus from you sinus cavities from the candida dying off that it will be shocking. I had to sleep with tissue in my nose it was so bad! It luckily only last about 3 days, but still it was annoying, but at least it let me know it was working. The shocking part was that the runny nose started really fast, within about an hour of taking my first pill.

For the raw adrenal I was taking two a day along with several vitamins that you will find on dr. rinds list that help with adrenal fatigue.

Mel

itsjust4fun91-excited to find your info. my 2nd child has tons of allergies, asthma & severe eczema. while i was pregnant w/her had horrible rash of some sort on my hands that i didn't get to go away until after i was done nursing her. anyway, never even thought about being yeast problems.

what are the probiotics you're using? maybe you've already posted a link. i read the first article and was so excited had to reply. i still have lots of allergies myself and always feel tired--feel like i need to try some as well as my daughter.

thanks again for the great info!

The one I use is VSL #3
It's a bit more expensive than others, but then you are getting way more probiotics in each pill than any others. It's really geared toward people that have an auto immune based illness such as colitis, and IBS. For someone wanting it for yeast though, It wouldn't be too big of an expense, since taking one pill a day would last you 2 months and you would still be getting about 5 times the probiotics that you would from one of the other high dose brands.

The probiotics I give my son come from our local vitamin store. It is in powder form and made for children. I mix it with his milk each morning and it doesn't change the taste at all. The biggest thing in finding a good probiotic is making sure you get one that is refrigerated, even at the store. At room temp, the good bacteria in most probiotics has a short shelf life because they become active, then die off. Most vitamin stores have a refrigerator that they keep theirs in, so you know they are still good.

With the VSL probiotics, the shipping is free and they ship it 2 day in a styrofoam cooler packed with ice.

If you do some research you will find that Cadida can indeed be the cause of excema. My eldest son every so often becomes covered in it on his torso. He won't stick to taking probiotics, (teenagers) so our doctor gives him a massive dose of diflucan to take and it clears up within a couple of days. Many people get rashes and such and have no idea it is actually yeast on their skin. A good example of this is jock itch and even athletes foot.

With pregnancy being a major stressor on the body, it for sure can lead to an off balance of bacterias in the body which I think we then can pass on to our babies. It's one of the reasons thrush is so common in infants.

Some women begin getting female infections alot when they have it, but it's not always the case and someone can have candida overgrowth and it show in other ways besides female infections, such as allergies, rashes and digestive problems. It can even show itself in acne outbreaks also.

Mel

Wow, this sounds like me too. Do you have any product suggestions? I was thinking of trying the Pearls brand. They have a few different options, but I was thinking of trying the Pearls Elite. It says it has 5 billion CFU. Does that sound like a good option?

Forgot to ask something...are probiotics okay to take with BO, or should I work on getting rid of the candida before taking BO? I know it can take a while for candida to be out of the body, and I don't really want to wait too much longer before starting my BO. I am still doing my cleanse right now. Today is that last day of it.

Mel: Informative thread!!

AliCat1386: It is fine to do BO with probiotics. I am doing it for the past 1/2 year. I think Mel did it too together.

Thanks CrystalelleBig Grin That makes me happy. I'm going to pick some up when I get paid this week.

Yes, I take probiotics and bo and haven't had a problem. Before going out and buying probiotics I would suggest researching the different brands. There is a huge difference between then in amounts and in storage. It's said that probiotics need to be refrigerated, so when you buy the ones that say they don't or just haven't, you do risk getting a package that the bacteria is no longer viable.

Also, when you are taking them to treat something you really need a very high dose. 5 million cfu's really isn't much when you think about how many bacteria are in the body. You really need to get into the billions to make a difference. For yeast I would say no less than 25 to 30 billion cfu's and more if you can get it.

When you find a probiotic that has those numbers, they are almost always refrigerated and also sold that way.

Mel

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon