Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

[archive] My Macrolane experience

My Macrolane experience
August 15 2008 at 5:23 PM y2017270  (Login y2017270)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, for u girls out there that are thinking of getting macrolane. I had mine done on 13 july 08.

Before i had my macrolane i had so many sleepless nights (excitement) and just couldnt wait as it was a dream come true to have a bit more on top. I was a full 32A small B. After 150ml in each breast i am now a full B cup. Im 26years old, never had kids and my breasts were pretty firm.

I am not entirely happy with the size.Although i have grown, i havent grown the way i wanted. What macrolane does is, it just gives you a really big cleveage and not boobs.Sorry if im confusing you.what i mean is you dont get breasts that pop outwards instead you get round boobs that are flat against your chest and that only look good from a certain angle. I think macrolane is best for women who have lost volume from breast feeding or gravity, as they have the pockets alrealy there to fill. Anyway put it this way i still cant wear bras without padding.

Advertising for macrolane is just blown out of propotion. It only does what its really intended to do. that is breast shaping and a subtle increase. Id never have it done again and the £2800 couldve been spent on something else even towards a breast agumentation.

It was not as pain free as they make it out as. I do have a high pain threshold and honestley the precedure was really painfull. Its all false advertising when they say you can go back to work. I had to take off 2 days from work as i was in extreme pain. I was taking painkillers every 4 hours, i couldnt sleep and every time i changed my side in bed, it was hell, as you can physically feel the macrolane move inside you and that is painfull.So i woke up the next day having a sore arm. It felt as if id been hit by a bus, i would nt want to imagine the pain after a BA.

After 3 days the pain starting to fade and after a week i was sore for about another 2 weeks, but no pain. During my first week i couldnt even lift my arms higher than my breasts so when i tried to take off my clothes it was so pain full and i had to sit down and slowly take them off in case they rubbed against me and started the pain.

Anyways the pains gone now I cant say im 100% unhappy as for me anything more on top is better than nothing at all, (believe me i need as much as i can get).They have shrunk since i walked out of the surgens, but i was told this at the time to expect it as when they inject aneacetic that also fills your breasts, therefore when it fades off or dissolves, your breasts shrink. My breasts havnt dropped yet but when i put on a bra i can now see the outlines of my breasts. I look really good in a gel bra,and looking just at that anyone looking at me would think, iv a big package but when it comes off (Bra) it can be a little disappointing.

My advise is only get it done, if you fit the following,
a)youve lost volume (Breast feeding, pregancy or nature)
b)for symmetry
c)for very subtle increase
or
d) if your mega rich and just want to try it.

Please feel free to ask me any questions as il be delighted to help you.
ps sorry about the spelling i know its really bad

Author Reply
Brianna
(no login) Re: My Macrolane experience August 17 2008, 8:32 AM 

Thanks for your really informative posting. Can I ask what does it feel like, to touch I mean? If you poke your finger in does it make an impression like plasticine?

Edit Message  Delete Message   

HopsGirl
(Login HappyHopsGirl) Re: My Macrolane experience August 20 2008, 9:15 AM 

Thanks for your detailed account. I must say it does not seem like very good value for money.

y2017270
(Login y2017270) Re: My Macrolane experience August 20 2008, 5:05 PM 

Hi sorry for late reply i havent had internet access for ages.

It now feels really natural to touch. Thats because i had it put under the breast tissue (some put it over the tissue). I can only feel it a little if i really squeese them hard (macrolane goes hard). But if you massage 20mins a day 3 times a day it softens really quick. To be honest i never massaged them as i found them to tender to touch, but luckily theyve soften up naturally. I think iv just been really lucky.

I feels just like my natural breast when i poke my fingers in them and no you cant see no impresstion left behind.

Thanks any more questions please ask

y2017270
(Login y2017270) Re: My Macrolane experience August 20 2008, 5:13 PM 

Hi your right.Its not worth it. If you are like what i was, just about spent all my saving on it, then dont bother, unless you have enough money to try it out and if your not happy then no big deal.

I had the chance of either upgrading my car or macrolane. I obviously chose macrolane now i have to wait 3 months for an ugrade.AARRRAHHHHH

Cyclops
(no login) Re: My Macrolane experience August 25 2008, 8:17 AM 

From what you say it seems that having the injections under the breast tissue is the better option.

y2017270
(no login) Re: My Macrolane experience August 26 2008, 1:28 PM 

Hi, I think it is, because that way its under the tissue therfore you cant feel the macrolane unless u really squeeze your breasts hard. I know there are other women on here that have complaints that you can feel the macrolane and can see/feel blister like lumps on their breasts, so im only assuming that they have had macrolane over the breast tissue. I have had minimum lumps that are no longer visible to the touch either.

I had macrolane injected from the top and i was told the reason for this was to reduce lumps.

Im no expert but can only advise from my personal experience that under is better, but its also best to get a expert opinion.

I hope this helps, please feel free to ask more questions
x

skeeterbites
(Login skeeterbites) Re: My Macrolane experience August 26 2008, 7:23 PM 

Thank you so much for telling us all about your experience. I am so sorry it didn't work out as well as you hoped. I am the same size and have always wanted to be just one size bigger, just to fit into clothes better. I have been thinking of having macro done since I heard about it. I have tried with no luck months of expensive herbs and massaging like a mad woman.

Guess I'll just have to think twice about it now. IT is a lot of money, just for 12 months. Thanks, you may have saved me a lot of money, and alot of dissapointment.

y2017270
(no login) Re: My Macrolane experience August 27 2008, 5:34 PM 

hi skeeterbites.

I did the same with herbs constantly using diffferent ones but no joy. It took me 8 months to get fenugreek out of my system and everyone around me was complaining of the smell.

Best to leave macrolane unless your hoping for jus a subtle difference, but thats not worth it for around £2800 (thats what i paid) Even my boyfriend never saw the difference (he still hasnt speaking off it as i never told him i had it done), what a shame considering i had 150mls put in each breast.

Do think twice about it. Iv been looking at the before and after pictures of macrolane and this time with a more carefull eye, i couldnt stop noticing how the after pictures are really big close ups compared to the before ones. This gives the illusion of bigger breasts. I then remembered how my surgoen did the same, and he made me stand at an 40 degree angle on my after picture where the breasts looked bigger. All a trick of the camera.

any questions please ask

skeeterbites
(Login skeeterbites) Re: My Macrolane experience August 28 2008, 11:07 PM 

And didn't you say you were swollen right after having it done? That is when they take the photos, so of course they would look bigger. And yes, I am soooo tired of smelling like a stack of pancakes.

y2017270
(no login) Re: My Macrolane experience August 30 2008, 1:19 PM 

Yes skitterbites, your quite swollen plus you also have the anaesetic in you which also adds to the volume which eventually disoolves over a couple of days.

Lilly
(no login) macrolane - i had it done yesterday! November 20 2008, 7:33 PM 

I'm so glad i found this forum and especially reading your message made me feel better, as i am so much pain and wasn't expecting this! you're right about it being false advertising, i've also had to take 2 days off work (today and tomorrow) and i can barely stand without my boobs hurting. I feel faint and my shoulders hurt too, probably from the massive support bra i have to wear.
to be fair though, i am really impressed with the size, although granted i am probably still a bit swollen. I was a 34b before and now i'm a full C, i got 120ml in each breast. i have also breastfed for 9 months so this has given me huge fullness.

I'm just worried as i wasn't expecting to be in this much pain, it kills to sleep and i haven' moved off the sofa all day! so i'm relieved that you had the same symptoms. i also didn't like the procedure. it wasn't painful, but all the pulling and manipulation and scraping REALLY freaked me out, i was shaking. Glad its over, don't know if i'd get it done again, i certainly wouldn't pay that much for it (i didn't pay for my treatment.)

can't wait for the end of the week when i should be feeling better - and i can't WAIT to show off my new boobs in a nice top.

my boobs have definitely been given fullness all around, they are not flattened or anything, in fact i'd say they're pretty much perfect now!

If only this pain would go, i'd be ok.
anyone wants to ask me any questions i'd be happy to answer x

Roma
(no login) Re: My Macrolane experience November 26 2008, 8:24 AM 

Thanks for your valuable testimony! It really helps others to get this kind of feedback. I suppose the obvious question is how did you get the macrolane if you didn't pay for it, if you don't mind me asking that?

karrie
(no login) marcolane December 6 2008, 6:29 PM 

thank you for writting up such a honest account of your experience, i wish i had read it beofre i had the treatment at the bodyperfect clinic, i mam miserably dissapointed. For me as well it was extemely painful, i nearly fainted during the proceedure, came over very sickly and the pain..oh my god the pain. after wards well....rock hard and lumpy and very very painful indeed. i am one week on now and they have softened and LOST volume, i m nearly back to where i started. A complete waste of money and not worth the suffering. i will be writting to them to make a full complaint. i couldnt afford to lose the money, just wanted a little extra volume but they are on there way back to how they were. feel free to email me or ask for my number. Also anyone else that was dissa[pointed with bodyperfect i would like to hear from you. cheers. karrie

karrie
(no login) marcolane December 6 2008, 6:29 PM 

thank you for writting up such a honest account of your experience, i wish i had read it beofre i had the treatment at the bodyperfect clinic, i mam miserably dissapointed. For me as well it was extemely painful, i nearly fainted during the proceedure, came over very sickly and the pain..oh my god the pain. after wards well....rock hard and lumpy and very very painful indeed. i am one week on now and they have softened and LOST volume, i m nearly back to where i started. A complete waste of money and not worth the suffering. i will be writting to them to make a full complaint. i couldnt afford to lose the money, just wanted a little extra volume but they are on there way back to how they were. feel free to email me or ask for my number. Also anyone else that was dissa[pointed with bodyperfect i would like to hear from you. cheers. karrie

y2017270
(no login) So Sorry December 27 2008, 1:40 PM 

Hi Kerie

Im so sorry to hear your story it is so identical to mine. I know how you feel. I saved so hard for that money and had such high expectations. All i wanted was a little volume.

I had mine done around july 24th by october i lost 85% of the volume so i was practically left with what i started with.(almost 3 months only) I plucked up the courage and called them in november. They said that it was rare for this to happen and happily offered a free topup. Stupid me took this up as i cant imagine them giving me a refund.

PLEASE dont make this mistake as i went through the whole ordeal again and within 3 weeks they deflated again and are deflating by the day rapidly. I AM SO ANGRY and will be writing to them for full refund, £2800 might be loose change for them but not me. I will keep you updated on the outcome if you can keep me updated too. DONT however go for the topup as you will just be dissappointed.

All im wondering now is where the hell is all this macrolane going. I am so depressed.

lilylo
(no login) body perfect! December 29 2008, 1:10 PM 

I also had it done in body perfect clinic in london about 5 months ago. Not only it was exteremly painful, but also I have been left with terrrible scarring easily visible when wearing lower tops!! Oh, have I forgotten to mention the fact that there is hardly any difference in size? :/ So if you considering to have it done -DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. Feel free to contact me especially if you have had a bad experience with body perfect.

y2017270
(no login) macrolane December 29 2008, 1:27 PM 

Hi lilylo

i also have to scars at top of my breasts which look like blisters. they are so obvious and so ugly. Basically i am left with same size breasts with a 2 scars. aarrghh!!

lilylo
(no login) Re: macrolane December 29 2008, 9:47 PM 

OMG!
I can't believe that!I have been told by Body Perfect that it is just me and has never happened to anyone before :/ it is exactly as you're saying- they look like blisters. I have just emailed them requesting a full refund plus laser treatments for scars. It's shocking and disgusting that they carry on injecting it from the top knowing the possible consequences... Horrible thing to say but at least its more of us with the same dreadful experience so hopefully something can be done about it.

Starfish
(no login) Re: My Macrolane experience January 13 2009, 6:11 PM 

Well, after reading so much about it and finally deciding o get it done i wanted to share my experiences with you.
Honestly, truely, I found the whole experience excrutiating and was in agony. To begin, when he was putting in the local I thought, 'ok, i can deal with this'. Then the last few injections were absolutely terrible. The nurse did her best but I was in such pain. She gave me gas and air which did nothing and i felt stopped me from concentrating on my breathing. They were concerned about me so checked my BP.
By the end of the first one I counldt imagine having to do it again on the other side! but of course it had to be done! So it was done and, even though it was painful didnt seem quite so bad as the first side but maybe because I knew what to expect!
After the end they slowly raised me up so i could see them. they looked great but to be honest i was in so much pain i wasnt much interested!! I can describe it as feeling like a tonne of bricks was on my chest, which is exactly how a friend who had her BA described it.
I was given some time to recouperate. I must say they did ask me how I felt about if i had been given the opportunity to be 'more out of it'. I would have MUCH rather that! They did say a GA wasnt optional but an injection that made you feel 'drunk' could potentially be an option in the future.
The nurse also told me that it seems ladies who have breast fed possibly felt less pain than those who hadn't. Maybe due to more skin tissue etc.
I said I didn't know how I'd cope with the top up after that, but the DR told me that the next time would be fine as there was space for it now.
This was all yesterday. I was given strong pain relief and have taken it! and anti biotics for 3 days. I'm not a pill-taking person but I'm on the pain relief meds for sure! And am strapped tightly into TWO sports bras which seems to be helping a little. I woke up every hour on the hour last night and took 2 codine in the middle of the night.
So, you ladies do need to know how painful it is (and I'm really not a wimp!) the dr kept saying I may faint but I'm not a fainting person but I got a pain through my arms and a feelig like pins and needles down to my finger tips for a while.
I hope that the Drs will offer more pain relief during this procedure as its really NOT a breeze at all! There is no way you could go back to work the next day - I couldnt even make my lunch appt today as I couldnt get dressed easily, let alone drive! you will def need a few days to recover after and taking a deep breath is painful even with the pain meds it feels uncomfortable.
Hope this helps and any Q's feel free to ask!
Starfish.x

Leasa
(no login) Your macrolane experience January 13 2009, 7:15 PM 

Sorry to hear about your experience, hope you feel more comfortable soon.

Can I ask which clinic you attended and where?

Angel
(no login) Re: My Macrolane experience January 19 2009, 9:34 AM 

My experience was similar. I would never go back for the top-up as I don't want to experience that pain again!

Macrolane
March 19 2008 at 10:46 AM highlandcow (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I was going to wait a few weeks before posting my experience with Macrolane because I am still in the recovery period and haven't achieved a final result yet.

It did hurt both during and after and was rather more traumatic than I was expecting. It's not just a 'simple injection' as some of the advertising would like you to believe. A small incision is made in the breast crease, about 1 to 2 mm, and a canula is inserted to take the needle. The needle itself is like a knitting needle in thickness and about 20cm long. Scary.

At first I was shocked by how my breasts looked, really distended and swollen, quite freakish in fact. What they don't tell you is how hard the material is at first, your breasts feel tight like a drum for about a week. I'm now two weeks post procedure and the injected material still feels like a very firm rubber ball and looks too high and rounded and a bit lumpy. Not at all natural yet.

I've gone from a small, saggy 36B to a very full 36B, probably a C in some bras.

So far I have to say that I'm not very happy with the result but I'm hoping that in the next few weeks they will soften up and the shape will improve.

I intend to post a full account of the experience in two or three weeks.

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Macrolane March 19 2008, 3:57 PM

Do you know what volume was injected?

Edit Message Delete Message

Alice
(no login) Re: Macrolane March 20 2008, 9:40 AM

According to the makers the typical amount injected for breast enhancement is 100ml in each breast.

Katie_French
(no login) Re: Macrolane March 24 2008, 1:57 PM

Hiya Highland Cow

How are thing's going with the macrolane?
I am just about to make an appointment to have it done, so if you have any tips or know anything about who to go to I'd be grateful for the advice.

I've got slight stretch marks from where I lost weight so I'm hoping the treatment will fill these out, but I'm also hoping that they don't give me new ones if it stretches the skin.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you choose to have it done, was it more for reasons of shape or size? (I'd like both to improve!)

Deb
(no login) Re: Macrolane April 2 2008, 10:14 AM

Yes 100ml in each breast is the standard and then 50ml in each breast for the top up done every year.

Asian girl
(no login) Re: Macrolane April 3 2008, 5:47 PM

Hey!

I couldn't agree more about the pain factor. I just posted a message on another thread about how sore my breasts are 2 days after the injection. However, I only had 50cc injected into each of my breast (guess that's because 100cc might be too much for an Asian woman) so maybe the pain will go away sooner? I certainly hope so.

For those of you who are considering getting the injection done, this is definitely not a painfree procedure and no, you will definitely not be able to resume your normal activity afterwards because of the pain!

Sandra
(no login) Re: Macrolane April 15 2008, 9:17 AM

I must say that 50ml in each breast does not seem a great deal to me. Does 50ml make a great deal of difference? I had 100ml put in and it's arguable whether that makes a whole cup size. I think it doesn't.

Anthea
(no login) Re: Macrolane April 20 2008, 10:36 AM

When I enquired about it I was told that 100ml was the maximum you could have, but I read in a newspaper or magazine that someone said she had 150ml put in each breast, so maybe it depends on the surgeon.

Cristina
(no login) 150ml May 18 2008, 3:33 PM

Hello. I really wanted to go for the 150 ml option but my doctor told me he rather prefers to inject 100 ml and see how it goes, adding the rest eventually afterwards. So, i only finally injected the usual amount. I also confirm that the pain during the first couple of days post treat are really not fun. I kept on taking painkillers and they worked like fresh water!

jungle cat
(no login) Re: Macrolane May 20 2008, 6:59 AM

cristina, do you know why the doctor was cautious? did he think 150 would go lumpy and that's why he preferred to inject 100? or did he think that 150 might not lok too good when you saw the final result?

Cristina
(no login) dunno May 25 2008, 7:56 PM

I think he did rather not risk it too much by only injecting 100 instead of 150, but he did not explain much. I believe thou, that if you go for it, you want to go for the 150 because 100 makes almost no difference. I am right now a little disappointed.

little benny
(no login) macrolane without local aneasthetic January 22 2009, 10:30 PM

hello
has anyone had macrolane with aneasthetic.
i went to paris to have macrolane in the buttocks. a year later it has worn off and id like to have a top up but i have to pay an extra 500 euro for the aneasthetic.
id like to prepare myself for the pain.
btw, its a lot cheaper in paris

Scoobie
(no login) Re: Macrolane January 23 2009, 9:26 AM

Do you mean general anaesthetic? I've not heard macrolane for breasts being done with general anaesthetic.

Macrolane- I've had it done.
May 4 2008 at 11:46 AM Sindy (no login)

Hi There,

I thought I'd share my experiences of Macrolane as I know it's a new treatment and I struggled to find much out before I had it done. I was a full A/ small B cup. I had 150mls in each breast. I am now a very full B/ medium C (I can fit a C more comfortably).

I had the treatment at London Bridge and I would highly recommend Chris Inglefield.

I am very happy with the results now but be warned it is certainly not pain free and your breasts will feel very hard and lumpy (like tennis balls under the skin) for at least too weeks. My have softened and 'dropped' now and the look and feel v.natural. I would really recommend macrolane as I only took one day off work and the healing time is very quick. Although they feel hard the pain subsides after 2-3 days.

Hope this helps.

Sindy X

Edit Message Delete Message Lock Thread Respond to this message

Author Reply
Una
(no login) Re: Macrolane- I've had it done. May 6 2008, 8:10 AM

Hello, I am new to this subject (macrolane). How long are you expecting the rsults to last for?

Burdock
(no login) Re: Macrolane- I've had it done. May 17 2008, 7:39 AM

By all accounts you need a top up every year. I'm still undecided about this. In some ways a boob job gives you more bang for your buck. The only advantage of macrolane is that it's considered safer.

Cristina
(no login) thanks May 18 2008, 3:15 PM

Hey, thanks for your message. I did the treatment only a little over 48 hours ago and i am finally having less pain. My breast is super super hard and lumpy thou and i was worrying whether it would have gotten better!
I only had 100 ml injected and considering how my skin seems to be pulling, I got to admit I am quiet happy with my choice ;o))

Cristina
(no login) question over 150 ml May 18 2008, 3:20 PM

One thing: did your doctor inject the 150 ml in one go? Mine said it was better to start with 100 ml and then eventually top up in couple of weeks, shall I wanted to. Thanks

Tracy
(no login) Re: Macrolane- I've had it done. August 11 2008, 7:29 AM

In answer to Una you have to get new injections every year because the material gets absorbed into the body.

skeeterbites
(Login skeeterbites) Re: Macrolane- I've had it done. August 26 2008, 7:32 PM

There are such conflicting responses from you and another poster. So hard to know how it will work on your own body. I am so confused. Thanks for telling us how it went and I wish you all success with it.

Brianna
(no login) Re: Macrolane- I've had it done. September 4 2008, 10:50 AM

People have different expectations and different satisfaction levels and different ideas about what's worthwhile and what's value for money, and so inevitably their comments appear to be conflicting.

sharper
(no login) the longetivy of macrolane July 26 2009, 7:11 PM

Hi

I was wondering if anyone who has had the macrolane injections would share their experience on what it is like 5/6/7/8 months on. I have read several accounts that the results can disappear long before 12months is up. Has this happened to anyone, or has it actually last for nearly a year? Would love to hear peoples experienes from the clinic where they had it done because there are so many that offer this treatment now. Thanks.

Betty
(no login) Re: Macrolane- I've had it done. July 27 2009, 1:49 PM

The clinic where you had it done will not make any difference to how long the macrolane lasts. It's all about how your body deals with it, how quickly it breaks it down and moves it away, and this is something that is bound to vary from person to person. If the macrolane lasts only a short time that's just you and not something you can change by going to one clinic rather than another clinic.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon