Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Ok, once and for all-the pill and PM, yes or no???

Ok, once and for all-the pill and PM, yes or no???
May 7 2008 at 1:23 PM tianna (Login Tianna_86)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im so confused, everyone seems so divided on this. Some sites say they dont interfere, some say they do. I asked Deb on ebay, she said you cant take both, but I asked peuraria uk and they said its perfectly ok.
Which is it?!

Author Reply
Kekie
(Login Kekie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ok, once and for all-the pill and PM, yes or no??? May 7 2008, 8:18 PM

I am under the impression you need to ask the company that you are buying the product from.

Edit Message Delete Message

tianna
(Login Tianna_86) Re: Ok, once and for all-the pill and PM, yes or no??? May 7 2008, 9:53 PM

I guess your right, its so confusing though! What do you think about mixing it with other herbs? Ive seen other nbe pills where theres herbs and pm together, is this ok do you think? Like if I added pm to wonderup or something?

Kekie
(Login Kekie)
SENIOR MEMBER Tianna May 7 2008, 10:44 PM

I don't know about mixing PM with other herbs. I would copy and paste that question and put it on the main board as I don't get much response from people in this section. I posted a question on the main board about possible NBE side effects and from the response from Hopeful was any NBE whatever it be can throw your hormones off. I guess your body needs an adjustment period. I am not used to having bleeding for 6 or more days. I will give it 3 months and maybe BCP will help?

Tianna
(Login Tianna_86) Re: Ok, once and for all-the pill and PM, yes or no??? May 8 2008, 2:34 AM

They say that bcp balances hormones....i dont know though cuz doesnt it give you a fake period? Im on yasmin and i really like it. My periods are super light and short, and its made my skin nice and doesnt make me grumpy. So if your looking into bcp i recommend yasmin.
Also I saw you post in the main forum about how your boobs are now after breast-feeding, mine were like that too, and the pm cream really helps.
If you are going to try pm pills (not sure if you are already) peuraria uk is a lot better. They have a higher dose and its cheaper (ebay especially) and they say you can take it with bcp

SoCal.grl
(Login SoCal.grl)
SENIOR MEMBER Be careful! May 8 2008, 3:02 AM

Higher doses of Pueraria doesn't necessarily means it's better or more effective. Shell, who had amazing growth on (2 different commercial brands of) PM, developed a blood clot while using the UK brand:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/484965/th...+thombosis
http://www.network54.com/Forum/484965/th.../FOR+SHELL

More info:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/484965/th...aria.co.uk

Also, one girl grew 14 cm (5.4 in) taking only 330 mg of Pueraria daily:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/371678/th...nhancement

Kekie
(Login Kekie)
SENIOR MEMBER Tianna May 8 2008, 3:45 PM

Yeah my boobs are jelly like and my bigger boobs nipple is now inverted which I hate and think is sooo ugly. I am thinking about the PM pills but not sure if I should try them yet as I am just using the PM soap and am having the longest period of my life...also I am only 6 months post lactating and must be careful in what I use. I am seeing my OB at the end of this month because I normally have irregular periods and I think she will put me on the pill.

pm gal Smile
(no login) Re: Ok, once and for all-the pill and PM, yes or no??? May 9 2008, 12:45 AM

i have no idea. this is a good question because im trying to do research on it too. the reason why full potential pm pills say not to use bcp with the pm pills is because their estrogen formulation is similar, so they end up blocking each other out or something... i dont know, something like that. either the bcp or pm pills or both dont work properly when used together. but thats why im not understanding why pueraria uk is saying bcp is okay to use with pm pills. if both of their main ingredients are pueraria mirifem, then the phytoestrogen business with bcp pills not working with full potential should be the same with the pueraria uk pills logically, right? im confused Sad i want to go on bcp (currently on the depo shot and i think its screwing up my estrogen levels) but i just started full potential.

Tianna
(Login Tianna_86) Re: Ok, once and for all-the pill and PM, yes or no??? May 9 2008, 8:54 PM

im so confused with this too, is driving me crazy!!! because logically they should all be saying the same thing as is the same product essentially. Heres a copy of my email to peuraria uk:

HI ANNA

YES THEASE ARE SAFE TO TAKE WITH THE PILL TESTS HAVE SHOWN THAT THERE IS NO INTERATIONS BETWEEN THE TWO SHIPPING TO CANADA YES THIS IS NO PROBLEM AT ALL

REGARDS DJ

Anna Petrou wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if you ship to canada and also if its ok to take Peuraria Mirifica while on the birth control pill?

Thank you!

Anna

Also, I dont care what anyone says, depo is horrible for you! I was on it for 2 years, and it made me psycho! we need to have a period =)

Kekie-the cream will really help with jelly boobs (lol) thats exactly how mine were, i hated it! Its like theres nothing in there almost. Dont worry the cream will get them fuller again. I wish I could keep the boobs I had when i was pregnant/breastfeeding lol they were huge!

Kekie
(Login Kekie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ok, once and for all-the pill and PM, yes or no??? May 10 2008, 4:54 PM

Well I would be happy if my boobs were even and both a 34B instead of A Bcup and an Acup. Also I do not like the inverted nipple that has happened since breastfeeding.

tianna
(Login Tianna_86) Re: Ok, once and for all-the pill and PM, yes or no??? May 12 2008, 11:56 PM

hmmm, well maybe if your boobs do grow your nipple will pop back out, you know like your belly button when your pregnant? I dont know if you had it, but when i was preg, my belly button popped out, and then after birth it went back in, maybe your nipple will do the same

pm gal Smile
(no login) nuvaring? May 13 2008, 3:43 AM

i feel so bad about asking AGAIN about contraceptives and full potential, but it's because i lack the information. does anyone know if nuvaring is okay? i've tried emailing the company but they haven't gotten back to me. i know nuvaring has estrogen in it, but the websites only talk about birth control pills specifically and not contraceptives in general with estrogen in it. does anyone have any information about this?

Kekie
(Login Kekie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ok, once and for all-the pill and PM, yes or no??? May 13 2008, 4:04 AM

Well girls what pmgal said about blood clots is a scary thing so be careful and VERY aware of your body any aches pains or changes. I am inclined not to take the PM pills while on BCP. Have any of you asked your OB? I am 37 years old and had the nerve to talk to mine about NBE and she pretty much shrugged it off saying it didn't work.

Redqueen13
(no login) Re: Ok, once and for all-the pill and PM, yes or no??? May 16 2008, 10:25 PM

I've been using full potential for about two months and have been off the pill since then. When I was researching this product, they said you should not take the pill with it as FP could compromise the effectiveness of birth control pills.

And, I've also been doing a lot of reading lately on fertility and ovulation, hormones, etc. When I saw my doctor today, certain pieces started to click together.

The purpose of the pill is to keep your estrogen hormones at a low dose because when estrogen rises, the peak will cause you to ovulate and once you ovulate, progresterone becomes prominent and estrogen drops. So, it makes sense to me that going on high doses of estrogenic herbs (which i believe fenugreek is, which is in FP) would raise your estrogen level in your body so that it voids any affect the pill would have. Know what I mean? Estrogen is also responsible for "secondary sexual characteristics" = meaning breasts, which makes sense since all of these herbs we take with estrogenic properties are trying to mimic puberty and gives us more boobage. But the high level of estrogen means it would probably interfere with birth control pill's intention of keeping estrogen low and preventing ovulation.

I'd say if you don't want to risk a pregnancy or any other problems, go off the pill for a while and use some other form of contraception.

There's my shpiel!

Kekie
(Login Kekie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ok, once and for all-the pill and PM, yes or no??? May 18 2008, 3:05 PM

Redqueen that is good info thanks!

Deb from ebay
(no login) The final word................ May 19 2008, 8:14 AM

PM should NOT be used with the BCP. The people at Pueraria UK are wrong . They do interact and compete for receptor sites within the body and can make both the BCP and the PM less than effective. The exception is the progesterone implant and the shot...depoprovera. All other estrogen based contraceptive methods including the patches should not be used with PM . Now I sell the products so I should know. I am looking for a new line that is not so expensive ...the st herb just went through the roof. I hope my comments helped some of you.

Deb

pm gal Smile
(no login) Re: Ok, once and for all-the pill and PM, yes or no??? May 21 2008, 5:04 AM

then i wonder what's going on with the ladies who have breast size increase once they get on bcp. if its meant to keep your estrogen levels low, i wonder why some (lucky) women are still growing in breast size because of it? Sad

pm gal Smile
(no login) wonderup + bcp May 21 2008, 5:32 AM

i know bcp + pm is a no-no. does anyone know if wonderup is okay to take with bcp? on the website, it says that wonderup is okay, but then again on certain pm websites, it also says its okay, but i would never take bcp with pm. if the ingredients of wonderup (fenugreek, saw palmetto.. etc.) are phytoestrogenic, i would think it has the same canceling effect with bcp. does anyone know?

(sorry Sad i wrote this question on the wonderup forum, too, but it takes forever to get a reply from there)

Kekie
(Login Kekie)
SENIOR MEMBER pmgal May 21 2008, 5:02 PM

try posting this on the main forum as well if you don't get a response

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ok, once and for all-the pill and PM, yes or no??? February 2 2009, 11:33 AM

While I'm not completely sure on this issue of PM + BCP, I'm thiking it *might* be ok to take bother together, mainly because:

1 - Some people have deffinitely had sucess while on both.

2 - How much the PM and BCP compete depends on the number of the total hormones in your body vs the number of receptrs. And the number of receptors tends to be considerably higher than the number of hormones. This relationship can be observed in NBE from the recomended doses of herbs we take - up to say 5000 mg (varies) of estrgenic herbs, higher you stall. So this means that there is some extra room on the receptors and there is a dose of herbs you can take where the addition will still be greater than competition. And considering how small the dose os estradiol in BCPs is - about 30 micrograms, compared to the daily release of estradiol in the body - about 1-3 miligrams (varies with cycle), it would appear that the hormones in BCP don't take a lot of receptors away from the body's horomes, or the hormones in herbs. But I thik how much room you have left on the receptors may vary between herbs and also between individuals. So it comes down to trying to determine this optimal dose for each herb and also knowing how fast you stall. I dunno, maybe it's possible that for some people, those who stall quick (eg have relatively few estrogenic receptors) BCP and PM really would interfere too much and neither would work. But it's possible that for some people it wouldn't. I would not rely on contraception from BCP while taking it with PM tho.

Anyway this is just my theorising, I'm not 100% sure on anything, but I think there might be something to it.

Snowflake
(no login) Re: Ok, once and for all-the pill and PM, yes or no??? February 12 2009, 11:48 AM

WonderUp and BCP,,, yes definitely OK.

PM and BO are very strong. A person runs the risk of having blood clots with both, but I do believe it depends on how strong ones BCP is, they are all different strengths. In both forums I have read women who used BCP and their chosen NBE, whether it be BO,PO or PM together and have been fine. I think you really have to know your body. Some have gone off BCP while doing BO or PM. I don't think there is a certain for sure answer for this question. Sorry

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ok, once and for all-the pill and PM, yes or no??? February 12 2009, 6:47 PM

I agree with you Snowflake about blood clot risk; I was only addressing the effectivity of PM with BCP for NBE. But the blood clot risk is deffinitely one to be taken into account.

birth control with pm : for the sake of what?
June 3 2009 at 4:48 AM dandelion (Login dandelion1)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!
Just to clarify : if you mix pm with birth control - which one will have a reduced effect?

will the pm work just as well, but not the birth control? Thanks!

Author Reply
PowerBoob
(Login PowerBoob) Re: birth control with pm : for the sake of what? June 3 2009, 7:00 AM

I'm taking Yasmin BC with my PM product. I don't think the PM has had any affect on the BC, so I'm sure that the PM effects must be reduced somehow for me.

I actually take a little more than the recommended dose because my body is just strange and doesn't react to medicines or herbs the way it should for a normal person. I always have to take 2-3x the normal amount for something to work for me, which is why I can't take more of the over the counter medicine....

I wouldn't recommend taking more than needed though if your on BC. Talk to your doctor about it or something because a lot of sellers and people taking it say don't use BC with PM products.

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: birth control with pm : for the sake of what? June 3 2009, 9:43 PM

thanks!
im on diane 35, which i think is similar
im thinking of pm cream only right now.... I'll try and out and let you know how i go

Lisa
(no login) Re: birth control with pm : for the sake of what? June 3 2009, 10:23 PM

None of them gets reduced effect but the risk of estrogen related problems is raised. Things like bloodclots etc.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: birth control with pm : for the sake of what? June 6 2009, 10:24 AM

I take 500 mg with Yasmin, on earlier cycles I sometimes took 1000 mg. I don't get delayed periods like lots of women seem on PM without BCP but yeah the risk of clotting is higher.

anon
(no login) Re: birth control with pm : for the sake of what? June 26 2009, 12:50 PM

If you use PM with birth control you are increasing your risk of pregnancy. The role of BC is to lower LH.

PM interfers with this medication. If your want to get pregnant and you do not believe me .....carry on!

birth control and PM
December 22 2007 at 3:14 PM Olivia (Login O1ivia)

hi i just ordered some st herb PM. but im on the depo shot for birth control...so i dont really have periods... so can I just start whenever? and should I keep going with it or break it for 15 days then keep going or what???

Author Reply
L
(no login) Re: birth control and PM December 24 2007, 1:34 AM

The two may conflict with each other, and the PM would be useless. Birth control does that to PM. I'm not certain if it's the same with the depo shot, because I don't really know what it is.

Caperucita Roja
(no login) Re: birth control and PM December 31 2007, 12:05 AM

I have been looking information about it, since I'm taking birth control pills, and on this page (http://cgi.ebay.es/3-MIRIFEM-FULL-POTENT...dZViewItem)
you can read the following:
"ATTENTIONS:
Do not use Mirifem Full Potential Supplement if you are taking contraceptive pill, pregnant or nursing, have a history of estrogen related cancer or have developing cysts in the breasts".
Although this is related to Mirifem Full Potential, I think that it should be able to apply to any product for incresing breasts.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: birth control and PM December 31 2007, 7:59 PM

Is the depo shot progresterone only? In that case it may be ok, I know you can't use PM with estrogen based contraceptives - see if you can contact Deb (phytosense herbals). She told me not to use it even though she sells it so I feel she will give you an honest answer.

PM cream/spray and BCP
December 27 2009 at 5:35 PM neoailin (Login neoailin)

i know i can't take my BCP with the PM pills, but the creams and sprays with PM in them are fine?

i would just like to know before i order as i'm quite uncertain and would like to clear my doubts.

another question would be, what product for bust boosting be most effective and with promising results? thank you for your help!

Author Reply
salome
(Login salome83) Re: PM cream/spray and BCP December 30 2009, 6:31 AM

Hi,

As far as I know topicals don't interrupt with BCPs since their effect is meant to be local instead of systematic. Someone who is using BCP+pm cream can give you better feedback though.

About the best product, it is a big question I guess. Currently I am using Ro-bust for a little longer than 1 month and I have 1 more month supply of it. It didn't do a big miracle on me, but since I am using other methods of NBE I can't say for sure.

The link that I sent in another post is second on my list. It was something called Miro-health Anne-Selene since the information and ingredients in the PM cream looked good but it is a lil bit pricey. And I don't know anyone who tried it and had good results so I can't recommend it now. But i ll let you know my experience when I start which will be probably in couple of months.

Take care and happy growing on whatever you decide!

PM and birth control?
October 14 2009 at 12:44 AM ees (no login)

Would PM interact with estradiol-based birth control pills?

Author Reply
Tiran1
(Login Tiran1) Re: PM and birth control? October 17 2009, 10:45 AM

Hi, I remember reading somewhere that mini pill would be ok with PM....However can't say 100%...I think the best is not to use it together with PM...

blue_sardine
(no login) Re: PM and birth control? October 30 2009, 3:22 PM

I've heard it's not a good idea to take PM with birth control, though there are a lot of conflicting views on that. definitely ask your doc!

sarah seed
(no login) Re: PM and birth control? October 30 2009, 3:22 PM

Don't take PM if you're on BC pill. It's not worth risking it.

PM and birth control?
October 7 2009 at 3:16 PM blue (no login)

Is it okay for me to take PM while on the contraceptive pill? If so how do I take it, etc.
I have only just learned of PM and would love some advice on how to take it and what brands are best, plus any other advice.
I have tried a herbal breast enlargement pill in the past called breast sculptor and it did not work.
I'm 20 and live in Australia.

Author Reply
jill
(no login) Re: PM and birth control? October 8 2009, 11:15 AM

Great idea if you want to get pregnant!

Deb from Ebay
(Login DebfromEbay) PM and the BCP October 10 2009, 10:15 PM

I post this because it is very important. NO it is not good to take together. The interfere with eachother and can cause the failure of both. Please spread this word around...to newbies.

Joy
(Login Joysangiam) Re: PM and birth control? October 13 2009, 9:09 AM

You can't combine Pueraria Mirifica PILLS with Birth control pills.
However, you can safely combine breast enhancement cream with pueraria mirifica
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon