Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What to do about Stretch Marks

Sad 

While i've been off from school I've taken alot of time to reform my body in different ways, NBE quest, toning up, etc. To be honest, of all other things I may feel self conscious of, I feel self conscious of my stretch marks the most. I have very light ones on my breasts, but very deep ones around my belly. I am a proud mother but at times a feel a bit sad that I can't perform belly dance like I've always wanted to or wear low mid drifts or a bikini in the summer.

For years I've searched for a way to ease their appearance. I know you can't get rid of them completely, but they are so deep on the belly that any major improvement would be quite relieving for me.

Can anyone recommend any good cremes or techniques for lessening their appearance? I have medium brown skin so when mine became lighter they clash with my skin color, where as with lighter skin they blend in more, so it's fairly off looking. My belly is flat and toned and I only weigh 110lbs at 29 years old so I don't need to loose any weight, lol.

I've tried Barmon which seemed to show a tiny bit of improvement and I've tried the very expensive Striae by Dr. Moy TWO separate times in my life with no effect. I've also exfoliated the area religiously and applied good lotions mixed with vitamin e oil and it only helped it the tiniest bit. I'm at the point where I'm looking at tattoo cover ups... anyone know a good artist?

If I was given the choice to change just ONE thing about my body I'd choose to get rid of my stretch marks- you can still belly dance and wear a bikini with small breasts!!

Any advise?

HI Amaven.
There was a thread here a litle while back that talked about stretch mark solutions. The derma roller was discused and homemade skin cream was discussed. Here is the link.
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=5151&highlight=derma+roller
There are other skin treatments that can be used. I would use the search function to look up stretch marks and see what you get.
Don't forget to look in the old archive under other subjects as well.
I would try to use some of these techniques before resorting to tatoos. When I have time I will look and see if I still have links to a reputable tattoo shop directory.
Happy Growing

Hi Amaven, im also really struggling with stretch marks and cannot find anything that works, mine are on my boobs and my legs and bum and everywhere to be honest lol i get abit insecure about it so im looking into a solution, so if i find anything ill let you know hun.
Hugs Cheryl xxxx

Andy, thanks a bunch! The link was very insightful as I've never heard of the derma roller before. I've got a wealth of new info to research and I'm happy there is another option to try. Smile

Cheryl, I'm there with you! Lets keep each other informed on any progress or breakthroughs with this. Wink
Brick 

Andy and Amaven,

I am not sure if you have found any luck with products but if you are still looking you may want to try StriVectin. I do some work for them and just started using their products this week for my own stretch marks (and a little preemptive wrinkle attack).

Usually results won't start to show for a couple of weeks, but when I look at the before and after shots of people who have used it before it makes me a little more patient for my own results. What makes StriVectin different than other stretch mark lines is their new formula. They have patented NIA-114 and peptides into their new formula which helps renew collagin and elastin to rebuild skin layers.

While nothing will completely make stretch marks disappear, this is a huge step into help diminishing the size and color!

The reviews I've read on independent forum boards for StriVectin have not been good. I'm very skeptical of "before and after" photos these companies post on their sites, I've seen different companies pirate each others pictures and use them on their site. I've used creams for strechmarks before in the past. Striae did nothing for me on the two separate occasions in my life that I used the product, Barmon -seemed- to work somewhat but I'm not sure if it was the cream or the exfoliation technique I had adopted at that time.

I really don't believe creams work for something so deep into the skin as strechmarks but please keep us posted on your results. I don't respond to advertised "before and after" photos anymore, only good (hopefully) honest, everyday people that I find on forum boards. I read an ebook from a lady who gave an exfoliation technique for reducing the appearance of her strechmarks only to have her "after" picture stolen by one of these creams companies.

I like the idea of the dermaroller (thanks Andy) as the research i've done on how it works makes rational sense and a lot of holistic companies endorse it as well as a natural treatment.

I completely understand your hesitation to accept "before and after" shots. Call me naive, but I genuinely think people are telling me the truth.

For my honest account:

Things are still going well for me. I really feel like my scars are lightening and skin feels more firm. Not every product will work for every person but personally, StriVectin is working for me. I read an article that said the best results are for people using the products at least 6 months. I know the website says you can start seeing results in 8-12 weeks, but I'm sure the longer you use it the better your body will respond.

Of course I don't expect it to be a miracle and cure me of marks and wrinkles forever, but so far it is doing a great job!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon