Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Got my NB and need some tips

Anastasia, I am so happy to hear you breastfed. I am so pro-breastfeeding. When I was a baby I was severly burned. The doctor said that the only reason I ssurvived was the fact I was breastfed. So to everyone here, please at least TRY breastfeeding. You may save your baby's life.
Now back to the NB. I did a 30 minute session last night. I found that the pump was the source of the leak and I could hold pressure bending over the tube. But after a little while the pump started to hold pressure on its own. ??? Now I am debating ordering the clamp. I'll try a couple more sessions before I decide. Otherwise, the session went just fine. I used some body lotion bath & Body and the domes sealed just fine. I did pick up some cocoa butter lotion today at Walmart to hopefully prevent any sttretch marks.
Andy, I think they ship those gremlins in the package with the Noogleberry. I thought I saw something scurry out of the package as I opened it.....

To be completely honest with you Wishful, when I first ordered NB I got a double kit with an airlock and a clamp... the clamp is not worth it, it's cheaply made, that and the foam rings are the two things I don't like from NB. If you want to use a clamp use one that is made for chip bags or like those office type that are made to hold documents, like... this... [Image: clip01.jpg]

and these are some examples of what I call chip clips lol... [Image: chip_clip_1.jpg] [Image: 425x249.aspx]

I think these would work better than the NB clamp, and you can buy them at walmart. But personally I like using airlocks, that's what I use.

Thanks for the tip. I am sure that we have one of those black metal clamps around here someplace. Here we go on another scavenger hunt....
The foam rings are still considered. I will have to see what my imagination comes up with. For now I can do a half hour with the bare domes but it does leave marks. I pump before bed and the marks are gone in the morning so it isn't a necessity yet.

I have had an idea of adding some kind of pressure indicator so I can pump to the same pressure each time and when I want to increase it a bit I can see by how much. Anyone have an idea what to use?

I did not get the foam rings. What I did was get some craft foam (the sheets) and cut circles out of them. I put them on individually each time, but they seem to help with the redness. I was able to pump yesterday without them, but I had really mark marks. With the craft foam I have virtually none. I do have a little hicky on one side, but no big deal. I have not had a hicky since high school. HAHA.
I have some of those clips, so I will use them if I need to.
Thank you EVERYONE for your input. This is such an awesome website.

I absolutely hated the foam rings from NB, but others like them. I have sensitive skin and when they say "foam" it's like the foam you use to package things in boxes! It's very porous and it made me break out bad. I currently use the XL's with NO padding whatsoever, just bare dome. I used the L's and the M's without any padding also, never had a problem. I used the campers tape when I first started with the XL's to cut down on the discomfort and such. But now I don't use it at all. The campers tape is a very good option have you tried it Wishful and Daisy?

I haven't tried camper tape but I will keep an eye out for it. Any suggestion where to look for it? Needless to say I don't have a camper. I need something, the domes leave quite a mark but its gone by morning. I have a bit of a tender spot on the ribs down under the breast. Not sure how I did that but its there. The metal clamp works just fine. that was a great idea. I pump up then clamp the big breast and pump a little more on the small breast. Maybe I can even them out.

itsjust4fun aka Mel was the first one to suggest campers tape I believe, I could be mistaken though. You can find it in hardware stores, I had to order mine online. You want the one side sticky kind, I heard there is a double sided where both sides are sticky, you don't want that! But yea there are tons of threads on campers tape and such on the NB forum.

You were right on the money. Ace Hardware had it. Now I need to put it on the domes. I will have to clean the lotion off the domes. I presume that you just wrap the tape around the edge. I use cocao butter lotion on my breasts for preventing stretch marks and getting a good seal. I will continue to use it with the tape. Tonight is the big trial. i hope it works as expected.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon