Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Choices of Bovine Ovary

Bug 

Hi all,

I see that there are various companies to choose from.

- Bountiful Breast (approx $44 per month (if you buy a 13 month course)
- Ultra Breast (approx $20 per month)
- Swansons BO (approx $24 per month)

Ultra Breast and Swansons are definitely much cheaper than Bountiful Breast. I see ultrabreast has extra ingredients in it than Swansons.

Has anyone taken Swansons BO?

Yes im currently using it and its working for me (see my program page!) but its no way cheaper than ultra breast especially since i live in the uk. I am currently planning to take ultrabreast because (for me) you dont just need to buy bovine ovary but piturity and other supplements which other brands like BB put in to make it more 'effectove'

thanks 11bhot. I read through your profile page. How did you work out how much pituary (spelling!) to take?

How much l-tyrosine are you taking?

I read somewhere that you don't have to take l-tyrosine AND kelp, but I'm not sure.

I also read that some people take something called collostrum. Which I think is taken from the milk products of animals just before a baby is born? or something like that. apparently it contains lots of antibodies or something good. But I don't think I could take that as I can't have milk products....

Anyhow, I think my naturopath is going to have a fit if I tell her about this bovine ovary business.... hmmmm

I take the Swansons. I've done really well on it, also when I took the Vitamin Power bo. I think Ultra breast is wonderful too, just didnt seem to agree with me, and aggravated my ibs.
I do take a 500 L-tyrosine daily...idk if I actually need it though. I dropped the kelp. I would suggest dim if you have an irregular cycle though. Seems to have done ok for mine.

thanks belalily. I remember reading that you said something aggravated your IBS. I suffer from that too, so I definitely don't want anything aggravating mine! I can't afford to lose any more weight.

I have had a very regular cycle while I've been on NBE. Not sure if that would change with BO, but DIM may be worth a look. I think Crystalelle was saying that it does something with the bad estrogen. I'll have a read through your profile again.

Thanks

As an IBS sufferer, I would suggest you add probiotics into your program. A "good" brand of high dose probiotics will stop your ibs symptoms and has so many added benefits, that you can't go wrong. For me it also raised my body temp, who would have guessed that mine was from candida issues!

Anyway, I hope you find something for your ibs as I know how miserable it can be.

Mel

thanks Mel. My naturopath put me on to a very strong (and very expensive!) probiotic a couple of months ago. And I can't say what has been helping my poor digestive system, because I have been doing lots of 'good' things for it, but I have a feeling the probiotic has been one thing that has helped LOTS. The one I take is the strongest available.

IBS is terrible, and I was thinking the other day how it really affects your life. For me, it makes me nervous of being in situation where I may be at someone's home for instance, as opposed to being at a restaurant or bar where at least the toilet facilities are away from everyone... whereas when you are at someone's home, the toilet might be right by the living room etc, so people can hear you. It can be quite embarassing. And if you have gas, it can be embarassing too.

Good thing for me, is that my IBS is pretty much minimal at the moment. YAY. But yeah, I'm always scared it may be lurking around the corner... and sometimes it is, it just pops up unexpectedly.

Thats great you have yours under control with the probiotic. And bonus it raised your temperature.

Good luck with your program, its definitely inspired me to try BO.

Thanks ladies for your posts, I've now purchased swansons BO so am waiting for it to arrive.... lets see if it gets through customs... hmmm.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon