Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

vasovagal attack

I had stopped my herbs for a couple of days, because it was day 18 of my cycle and also because i was getting lumps in my right breast.
this morning when i was making my breakfast i cut my thumb on an open can ( a very small cut mind you)... as my family was looking at my cut and looking for a bandaid i realized that i could see the lights dimming in front of my eyes and i told my family how i feel like am going to faint. i sat down at the breakfast table, and after a few seconds i just passed out. my family says my eyes rolled back slightly and quite embarrassingly i even peed while i passed out. I was out for a few seconds and by the time i was coming around my sister was ringing for the ambulance, i told her not to. i had some water and food and just lied down for a bit. after an hour or so we went to the walk in clinic and the doctor told me it was a vasovagal attack and that i have low blood pressure as well. my family is worried that the pills am taking is messing around with my system and they are stopping me from taking them. now am in a confused state, i dont want to give up my nbe and on the other hand am worried about my health too. so if there are any medical experts on here could you plz help me figure out what caused it and if the herbs am taking could have affected things.

for all the people like me who had no idea wat a vasovagal attack is, here's some basic info:
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/v/vasovaga.../intro.htm

I don't see how herbs could have caused or contributed to that in any way. I think that kind of problem often comes about because someone isn't eating enough.

Hi,
You might be allergic to some ingredients inside. Some herbs contradict each other. Dont use any herbs from any store. If they're cheaply made there is always question mark in my head. Although herbs are not usual medications they can still give you have side effects. I suggest you use creams instead of taking herbs plus noogling and see how it goes. To me it does make no difference.

i don't know how herbs could have caused this, it depend on the herbs, ones like fenugreek and fennel are harmless and are used mostly as the plant in cooking (of course most NBE people take capsules)

if you want an alternative to herbs try the tigerlily/fengshui program, chicken feet soup, with lots of boobie foods and their special massage nightly, look for their programs...and you can find the soups and foods in the foods thread as well...

i hope this helps!!!

hi guys,
thanks for your responses. even i dont think the herbs are responsible because they are the usual everyday herbs that are even used in cooking. but i am gonna ramp down a bit on the internals. gonna order my noogleberry soon.
i am gonna cut down on my supplements though, such as gaba and msm, i started them recently and althought i cant pinpoint them as the cause for it, its better to be safe than sorry. i just wish i hadnt bought them. thats $20 down the drain lol.

i havent had any of the boobie foods for a while, although i do used to have chicken feet soup and soy milk until a few days ago, so am gonna start up on those again.

so i looked up gaba and its side effects, one that was mentioned was irregular breathing, which i experienced the night before i fainted. and gaba also reduces blood pressure. i think i made a good decision by stopping gaba then. although most people can take gaba without the side effects i dont think it suited my body very well.

Fyi, saw palmetto can sometimes cause dizzyness and low blood pressure/passing out, and I had to stop it for that reason. Fenugreek can also do so, by lowering blood sugar. Each person's constitution is different, so it's important to figure out what works for you personally...boobs aren't worth harming your health! Good luck Smile

hmmm that could be true, but i have been taking the herbs for a while now without having these effects. maybe they do lower my blood pressure slightly and GABA just added to it. I am lowering my doage of herbs. gonna focus on noogling and massages.

I read your program and you mention that you are using fenugreek. It is known to lower blood pressure and blood sugar level.

"Fenugreek Precautions

Fenugreek can be a wonderful help for women with breast milk supply problems, but there are also precautions that you should take into account.

Peanut or chickpea allergy:
Fenugreek is in the same family with peanuts and chickpeas, and may cause an allergic reaction in susceptible individuals. Two cases of fenugreek allergy have been reported in the literature.

Diabetes or hypoglycemia:
Fenugreek reduces blood glucose levels, and in the few studies using it as a hypoglycemic, also reduces blood cholesterol. Dosages higher than the recommended one may result in hypoglycemia in some mothers. If you're diabetic, use fenugreek only if you have good control of your blood glucose levels. While taking this, closely monitor your fasting levels and post-prandial (after meals) levels. Mothers with hypoglycemia should also use fenugreek with caution.

Asthma:
Fenugreek is often cited as a natural remedy for asthma. However, inhalation of the powder can cause asthma and allergic symptoms. Some mothers have reported that it worsened their asthma symptoms.

Abnormal menstrual cycles:
Fenugreek is considered to be an emmenagogue (promotes menstrual flow). It may cause breakthrough menstrual bleeding, use fenugreek with caution if you have a history of abnormal menstrual cycles.

Migraines:
Fenugreek is often cited as a natural remedy for migraines. However, iit may trigger a migraine and/or contribute to the duration and severity of a migraine.

Blood pressure problems or heart disease:
Fenugreek is commonly reported to lower blood pressure and LDL blood cholesterol levels. However, few sources suggest that it may cause or contribute to hypertension (high blood pressure), avoid this herb if you have a history of hypertension, or if there is a strong family history of hypertension or heart disease."

Hello,
Although it was just a "small" cut, some times injuries cause fainting. I'm a nurse & should be used to blood & injuries, but a few times I almost passed out at the sight of my own blood/injuries. Hope this eases your mind.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon