Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

cons/risks to bovine ovary?

If you look up estrogen dominance on google or get the book I mentioned in the thread, it should pretty much tell you everything you need to know about your hormones. You can get used copies of the book on amazon for .01 plus 3.99 for shipping. I think you can't really beat that price with the wealth of info that is in it.

Mel

If this link does not take you to the page with books for 1 cent then go to page two. They try and get you to buy the more expensive ones directly from amazon first before letting you see the good deals.

What Yor Doc May Not Tell You About Premenopause

DEAR ITSJUST4FUN91,
I AM 60 YRS OLD & WENT THRU MENOPAUSE 8 YRS AGO. MY QUESTION IS ABOUT THE ESTROGEN DOMINANCE. I TRIED BB & PM WITHOUT RESULTS. DO YOU THINK IT IS BECAUSE OF DOMINANCE OR LACK OF ESTROGEN? I'M SO CONFUSED AS TO WHAT IS THE BEST NBE FOR ME BECAUSE, AT AGE 60, I DON'T HAVE YEARS & YEARS TO EXPERIMENT. I DID START NG 4 MO AGO TOO BUT HAVE NO RESULTS FROM IT EITHER. SO YOU SEE, I AM COMPLETELY DEPRESSED & FRUSTRATED WITH MY LACK OF RESULTS. ANY INFO/ADVICE WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED.

You never mentioned whether or not you have thyroid problems or possibly suspect it. Is your body temperature normal? I really don't see how the lower amounts of estrogen could be a problem since BB should work to build estrogen and induce progesterone production.

I also would say don't give up on NB. It took me almost a year due to things I had to take for health issues, but I finally have begun to see results from it, which is very exciting.

You and I both have heard the song and dance from every angle telling us that our bodies are completely different with age, but you and I also know that there is no one out there that can truely tell us every detail of how, since we're all different. The doctors pretty much just guess when we complain of symptoms. I think we have a better idea of what's going on with our bodies than they do most times. I wish I could tell you a quick fix for this but the best I can come up with is to keep working with noogleberry. Persistance paid off for me.

Mel

HI MEL,
THANK YOU FOR THE INFO. I HAVE A THYROID PROFILE DONE AT MY YEARLY GYN EXAM. IT IS ALWAYS NORMAL. I 'M DUE FOR BLOOD WORK (THYROID) LATER THIS MONTH AGAIN. I DID TAKE L-TYROSINE DURING THE FIRST ROUND OF BB. I'M WONDERING IF I'M SO EMOTIONALLY DEPRESSED BECAUSE OF A HORMONE IMBALANCE (PHYSICAL) OR IS IT THAT THIS WHOLE LACK OF BIGGER BREASTS A MENTAL PROBLEM WRECKING HAVOC ON MY LIFE. I KNOW IF I GOT IMPLANTS, IT WOULD RULE OUT 1 SOURCE!!!! I WILL READ THE BOOK AS YOU SUGGESTED.
I'M SO GRATEFUL FOR THIS FORUM BECAUSE I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO ONE TO TALK THESE THINGS OVER WITH. NO ONE ELSE (INCLUDING MY HUSBAND) CAN UNDERSTAND HOW A BREASTLESS WOMAN FEELS UNLESS THEY'VE EXPERIENCED IT THEMSELVES. WE'RE ALL IN THIS JOURNEY TOGETHER, EXCEPT IT SEEMS LIKE I'M HAVING AN UNSURMOUNTABLE TIME OF IT.
THANKS AGAIN FOR LISTENING.

Just because your doctor has told you your thyroid work up is normal doesn't always mean it is. They tend to use the term, "within normal ranges" when they do any hormone test. What is normal on their scales doesn't mean it can't effect some people. That is one of the reasons BB stresses the temp thing. If your temp isn't up then something isn't working right. Be sure to go through Dr. Rinds site for body temp, since it also covers adrenals also.

Yes a hormone imbalance can really effect your mood. It can bring out almost obsession like qualities in us, when it comes to something that might normally bother us, but we would get over. Add in some abnormal hormones and you can't stop thinking about it and pretty much makes you crazy, weepy, ect.

I'm glad you're going to get the book though you need to get a different version since you have already gone through menopause. You can get a used copy of it cheap on amazon for 2.33 plus 3.99 shipping. WHAT YOUR DOCTOR MAY NOT TELL YOU ABOUT MENOPAUSE

Mel

Hi ladies!
So I just wrote to Medplex and asked them where they got their Bovine Ovaries from and the address of the company... They quick e-mailed me back and said that the bovine ovaries comes from the United States and that I might want to google the company that manufact the product. The Company is called Herbal Extra Plus... Hmmm.. Fine fine.. So I e-mailed Herbal Extra Plus with the same question - where they got their Bovine Ovaries from and they quickly replied that they got it from Argentina!
That didn't make sense to what Medplex said.. I wrote to them that Medplex said it came from the U.S and they replied that the ingredients comes from all around the world but the finished product is made in The United States... Hmm.. I don't really know what to believe.. I don't know if they'll just write Argentina to me because they no there are no chance of mad cow disease in that country. .. I don't know. What do you think? I would love to believe them so I wouldn't be scared to the possibility of getting mad cow disease.. I am really considering buying UB... Im just scared... :/

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon