Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

birth control and UB - problem. please help!

last month was my first cycle on UB, and i missed my period. thing that worries me, is that i'm also on birth control pills. i've never missed a period on birth control. i am not pregnant. i had PMS symptoms, but the bleeding never came. i noticed throughout the month, that after intercourse, there were some red-ish stains on the sheets. it looked like very watered down blood if that makes any sense?

i'm so worried. i don't know if i should stop using UB. it's only been 1 month though, and i'm really hopeful that BO will work for me since all my other attempts failed. so sad! can anyone shed some light to this situation?

I noticed no one replied yet...i dont know if the two are connected or not. My first thought would be to stop the UB. But i would also check UB site and see if they have a number you can call with concerns and/or questions......hopefully someone on here will give you some better advice than i have...good luck...keep us posted

I remember reading a few posts here about BO with birth control and if I remember correctly, it was perfectly safe. It could just be your body trying to adjust to the hormonal change. When I started my birth control, my body did a weird sort of menstruating schedule for a while before it evened out, so I assume it's the same way. If you're really worried, then UB support or a supportive doctor should be able to answer your questions.

hey hun, i too am taking birth control while i use UB. I have not experienced any problems with my period though. Have u taken into account any other factors like rapid weight gain or loss? or maybe stress? Maybe you should wait till your next period and see what happens. Sorry there is not much answers for you.

So I just missed another period. That's 2 months in a row. My weight is the same, but my skin's broken up with acne pretty bad. This is my 3rd month on this new BC pills, and 2nd month on UB. I don't know which is the culprit. So as of 2 days ago, I switched BC brand (from the generic version to Yaz), and I also ordered BB so when that arrives, I'll be switching over from UB. I really hope that will fix things. Seems like my hormone's all out of wack!

okay well goodluck hun!

thanks babygirl. i didn't get any new pimple when i woke up this morning, which is great news! no more bleeding after sex either. hopefully i will get my period this month. seems like everything is going back to normal *knock on wood*

If you are on Yaz, doesn't that cause one to miss some periods? I would read more about this. Good luck!

I'm on my second month of BO & am on the DEPO shot. I've been on depo for a while now and have no period while on it. Depo is also progesterone based. I hope this doesn't negatively effect my BO success. I haven't felt or seen anything yet :/

Hey lled34aa,

I'm taking BCP (generic version of Yaz as well) and I'm doing generic BO.

I think first you need to check to make sure your not pregnant. At least you might feel a bit better to rule out that option.

Second, how much BO are you taking? You need to start out slow. You don't want to start with your full dosage.

Third, try looking into things that can balance your hormones. Things such as Flaxseed oil or DIM are good to balance that. If you look at my regime I take both.

I'm actually doing extended dosage for the birth control (I get my period every 3 months) directed by my doctor to help with my migraines. I actually started BO before that though and didn't have any problems because I was already taking flaxseed oil and DIM.

I recommend trying DIM, I believe it would be more powerful at balancing your hormones.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon