Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How to loose weight off lower body

Hi everyone, sorry but i did not know where to post this so i thought id do it here lol. Since starting my NBE i gained alot of weight, around 17 pounds and it all went on my bum, hips and lower tummy and the tops of my arms. I blame it on a few things, a bad diet at the time, not enough exercise, using saw palmetto, and the change in my hormones as i am male. Since then i have changed my whole life style and i have lost 24 pounds, but i have not lost the weight of these areas and they look even bigger now i have lost weight. I exercise all the time and eat healthy, i go gym 3 times a week and i cycle but no matter what i do i cannot loose the weight from my bum, hips and lower tummy, not only that but these areas have gone quite firm on me and i have some cellulite and im getting fed up of trying really hard to loose the weight here and failing lol so has anyone got any ideas or exercises i can do, so i can get rid of this fat. Thanks everyone. xxxx

(04-12-2009, 05:47 PM)Cheryl1989 Wrote:  Hi everyone, sorry but i did not know where to post this so i thought id do it here lol. Since starting my NBE i gained alot of weight, around 17 pounds and it all went on my bum, hips and lower tummy and the tops of my arms. I blame it on a few things, a bad diet at the time, not enough exercise, using saw palmetto, and the change in my hormones as i am male. Since then i have changed my whole life style and i have lost 24 pounds, but i have not lost the weight of these areas and they look even bigger now i have lost weight. I exercise all the time and eat healthy, i go gym 3 times a week and i cycle but no matter what i do i cannot loose the weight from my bum, hips and lower tummy, not only that but these areas have gone quite firm on me and i have some cellulite and im getting fed up of trying really hard to loose the weight here and failing lol so has anyone got any ideas or exercises i can do, so i can get rid of this fat. Thanks everyone. xxxx

Hi, Cheryl,

I'm, of course, not an expert by any means, but it sounds to me like maybe your body's feminizing a bit? It sounds like hormones have directed the weight there, as it would if you'd been born female. As any woman can tell you, those are the hardest parts from which to lose weight, because the body's pretty stubborn about keeping it there for reproductive reasons.

You're doing the right thing by going to the gym, burning calories and gaining muscle to boost metabolism. Maybe replace simple carbohydrates with complex ones, and boost fiber and protein intake. Otherwise, I think I would ask your doctor if he/she thinks it's hormone-related, and if there's anything you can do about that.

Hi T-belle, thanks for your reply, i do know that i have feminized quite alot and i have gained weight here as a result, but my lower body seems so large and out of proportion now i have lost weight and it cannot all be hormone related surely, its one thing that since i started NBE i dont really like and i am desperate to slim down there if its possible, i will try what you suggest but my diet consists of alot of these already. Thank you so much for your advice T-belle. xxxx

Hi Cheryl...

If you're looking to lose weight, you must avoid hydrogenated oils; they create a type of fat in the body that's TEN TIMES harder to burn off than regular fat.

Also, avoid refined sugars and refined flours. Opt for healthy sweeteners such as Stevia, maple syrup, agave. Try sprouted breads instead of refined ones.

Be also on the lookout for any type corn syrup and MSG (especially hidden as "yeast extract") ... they are one of the leading causes of obesity in America, as I've researched.

If you are not vegan, try to limit your intake of dairy items.

If you are a meat eater, I would recommend a colon cleanse, which you can do just with herbs.

Just a few of my diet commandments, hope they're useful, if you didn't already know them. Blush

Hi Cheryl,
I'm not the type who likes to workout in the way that it builds bulk. I'm pear shaped and have a latino booty, so it's very jiggly down there. At least before it was a lot jigglier. I do more exercises like palates, and yoga.
I mainly do Tracy Anderson DVD's (mat and cardio). Except you have to really put in time to do it. It's about 1 hour per DVD. So I at least do 1 hour and 30 minutes worth. (mostly because I get tired)

Anyways other exercises are good too, just as long as you put in the time and effort into it.

Superboob- the tracy anderson DVDs are amazing. Definitely help with sculpting a tiny and tight GIRL BODY rather than looking like you live in the gym.

Cheryl- i know its hard, but try sticking to a more "natural" diet, avoiding processed food, and consuming lean meats, veggies, and fruit.

For many women,the hips are the area of the body where extra fat accumulated,especially for those who have a pear or hourglass body shape.Cardiovascular exercise burns the calories necessary for fat loss.When you target the lower body with this type of activity you engage a large muscle group,which translates to a higher calorie burn.Choose vigorous activities such as indoor cycling ,running and kickboxing.

You could check out Jillian Micheal's DVDs, especially Killer Buns & Thighs, it's tough, and took me a few times to get all the way through it. I stopped due to lack of time, but I know I got muscle on my thighs and butt in the amount of time I kept it up (a month or less?). You could also look up Beach Boy (www.Beachbody.com), they have good system. One I know off the top of my head is Brazallian Butt (Lift?), it's especially for lower body.

Stairs are great for legs and butt, so you could look up exercises for stairs, or you could find some to run up andndown a few times a day (with other forms of exercise).

That's all I can think of exercise wise... Blush

Doll, I'm constantly impressed with your ability to find all the products you get online, and I'm glad that they're working so well for in addition to your success with your program.

When I read The Big Skinny by Carol Lay, she described her struggle with her weight and how she over came it. You can check it out if you're interested, but what she did was count her carbs. She avoided all the unhealthy food, snacks, processed food, sugars, dairy, and cow and pig meat. Instead she bought fresh veggies and fruits, used honey instead of sugar or artificial sweetners. She used the veggies to make healthy meals she found online. I think she was also using carb counting sites as well.

You might want to look into exercises that specifically target that area and make sure you're doing them right since you'll get more out of it if you do. And be sure to either stretch or do some aerobic exercise (jogging or jumping jacks) for 3-4 minutes before hand so you don't cause injury.

Lunges and squats are quite good. I like the single leg split squat and lying leg raises. Plank leg lifts are supposed to be good too. If you want a video you can follow you can try 8 Minute Buns. Doesn't take much time and is quite effective.

Hi Cheryl,

Like you, I have the hardest time loosing weight from hips, thighs etc. This link is for thyroid problems, but also mentions the 'anti-pear' mineral manganese. I try to eat spelt flour, which is mentioned and fruits like strawberries. Over the summer, when I was eating better, I noticed my hips did decrease in size, but not my breasts, this doesn't normally happen for me, they usually go first !!

http://healyourselfathome.com/HEALTH_PRO...yroid.aspx

Hope this helps xxx

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon