Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

GOOD NEWS!

KUDZU IS PUERARIA LOBATA................ITS NOT PUERARIA MIRIFICA

IT COULD ALSO BE PUERARIA CANDOLEI (WORTHLESS)

I AM IN THAILAND THIS VERY MOMENT.............IF ONE BOUGHT 100 KG YOU COULD NOT BUY ANYTHING NEAR THAT PRICE.........AND IT DOES NOT GROW IN CHINA

WE ALL KNOW THEY ARE PERFECTLY HONEST IN CHINA..........RIIGHT?

Santorini,

Despite carlaa's unfortunate style of communication, I think she is right. I too read the WebMD article which primarily talks about P. lobata, not P. mirifica. Additionally, I searched out some of the references they used for that article and indeed the studies they cited primarily looked at P. lobata and an isoflavone extract called puerarin. Apparently there is contradictory evidence that isoflavones are mamogenic (promote growth of breast tissue; evidence does not support this action), so it is doubtful that the puerarin actually caused increased growth. My understanding is that the active ingredients we are most interested in are deoxymiroestrol and secondarily miroestrol, which are chromenes. Other bioactive (but not necessarily mamogenic) compounds in P. mirifica include phytosterols, various glycosides and a host of other isoflavones. However, not all species of kudzu have significant amounts of desoxymiroestrol and miroestrol, which occur in the highest concentrations in the species P. mirifica. Deoxymiroestrol and miroestrol are reported to have the strongest estrogenic effect of any known phytoestrogens. These are the ones you want and not all kudzu has them at the same (or even useful) levels.

Kudzu is a kind of umbrella, non-botanical name referring to the entire Pueraria genus which includes numerous species (P. lobata, P. mirifica, P. phaseoloides, P. peduncularis etc.) Calling P. mirifica, kudzu, is technically correct, but then so are all the other species. Claiming that ALL kudzu increases breast growth without specifying the species is to my mind misleading, but probably still technically correct (referring to the kudzu for breast enlargement link.) But, the most efficacious is P. mirifica, which is NOT the same thing as P. lobata or the other kudzu species. For best results, you really need to make sure you are taking P. mirifica. If carlaa is to be believed (no reason not to other than her obnoxious posts; but being obnoxious doesn't necessarily make one incorrect), it also matters whether the PM is farmed or wild, with the farmed cultivars yielding higher amounts of deoxymiroestrol and miroestrol than plants gathered from the wild. This makes sense, as humans have long used agricultural techniques to select for various desirable plant characteristics and creating new cultivars that do not occur in the wild without human intervention.

Of course, your mileage will vary, and you can take whatever herbs you choose. Now you can make a more informed decision about the kudzu available at your local Chinese market.

Hope this helps clear up the PM/kudzu issue.

I can't believe what I'm reading here!!! There are at least 9 kind of Pueraria but only one Pueraria Mirifica and even Pueraria Mirifica has 100 different qualities ranging from time harvested, years grown and what part of the root it's taken from.

Beside that the "raw" product have for sure everything from fungus to microorganism not talking about pesticides and heavy metals...

ONE of the reason why I did choose Mirohealth from Anna Selene in Thailand and that their products has guaranteed treatment to avoid all what I mentioned above and more. If you put something in your mouth, at least you should be worried if you take the wrong kind of Pueraria and especially if it comes from China or Vietnam where it does not even grow... well it does, but the wrong kind... Even in UK they sell PM but from China so I would think twice before I put this into my body... We know what they did with milk powder for babies, right?

This page http://www.anne-selene.com/TestReports.cfm will show you what I'm talking about and it's updated regularly as Anne Selene checks every production cycle and that's one reason why I trust them even though there are also some few other companies in Thailand that sells good and safe PM products as well.

So please just don't buy this "raw" and wrong kind of PM mentioned here because it's not teated!!!

Let me set the record straight KUDZU is slang......got it slang.

Pueraria candollei is the genus that pueraria mirifica is a sub-variant.
The other 8 varieties of Pueraria Candolei root look exactly like pueraria mirifica but it is worthless

There is approxmately 9 pueraria candolei species of which pueraria lobata is NOT included.

I admire anyone that tries to get a better value for their money. I highly suspect the Chinese store is not a solution.

Does anyone know if this is a good source?

http://www.puerariamirificabuteasuperba.com/

(23-02-2011, 02:35 AM)carlaa1124 Wrote:  listen up grasshopper i am in the industry..............you can not produce pueraria mirifica............even wild for $3.00/lb..........i would prefer to use basic common sense........don't need the lab/

They took a picture off the internet ............what's your point

c

Technically speaking, you can "produce" any plant for the cost of fertilizers. I like growing my own plants and herbs as a hobby and to watch things come to fruition. Any plant or herb which is in high demand can be sold for outrageous prices. I'm just now starting to research breast enhancement herbs and from experience with other herbs, the main cost is fertilizers.

I need to do more research to draw a conclusion regarding the cost/lb but I am open to looking into this plant at chinese stores in the mean time.

(27-02-2011, 10:15 PM)Santorini Wrote:  Here are the pics:

[Image: 2wposuf.jpg]
[Image: 1p79d5.jpg]

Also, I can see that it's Kudzu. Kudzu is also called Pueraria Mirifica:

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-750-Radix%20Puerariae%20(KUDZU).aspx?activeIngredientId=750&activeIngredientName=Radix%20Puerariae%20(KUDZU)

"Kudzu" for Breast Enhancement:

http://www.dhgate.com/Breast-Enlargement...944db.html

This is crazy. I heard of Kudzu about 10 years ago but it was because it was growing rampantly on the east coast of the USA. I did a quick google search because of your post and it looks like the name kudzu applies to a few types of vines. I could absolutely see the price being very reasonable since this thing is an aggressive vine (are there any non-aggressive vines??).

Thanks so much for your post regarding this. I was going to ask you what the name is in the asian market but this post answered my question.

Has any one on here noticed an increased sensitivity to alcohol while taking this supplement? I've read that there are studies showing an increased sensitivity to alcohol while consuming kudzu. I'm not sure if that applies to Mirifica or only another type of kudzu.

(28-02-2011, 09:45 PM)chrishoney Wrote:  Santorini,

Despite carlaa's unfortunate style of communication, I think she is right. I too read the WebMD article which primarily talks about P. lobata, not P. mirifica. Additionally, I searched out some of the references they used for that article and indeed the studies they cited primarily looked at P. lobata and an isoflavone extract called puerarin. Apparently there is contradictory evidence that isoflavones are mamogenic (promote growth of breast tissue; evidence does not support this action), so it is doubtful that the puerarin actually caused increased growth. My understanding is that the active ingredients we are most interested in are deoxymiroestrol and secondarily miroestrol, which are chromenes. Other bioactive (but not necessarily mamogenic) compounds in P. mirifica include phytosterols, various glycosides and a host of other isoflavones. However, not all species of kudzu have significant amounts of desoxymiroestrol and miroestrol, which occur in the highest concentrations in the species P. mirifica. Deoxymiroestrol and miroestrol are reported to have the strongest estrogenic effect of any known phytoestrogens. These are the ones you want and not all kudzu has them at the same (or even useful) levels.

Kudzu is a kind of umbrella, non-botanical name referring to the entire Pueraria genus which includes numerous species (P. lobata, P. mirifica, P. phaseoloides, P. peduncularis etc.) Calling P. mirifica, kudzu, is technically correct, but then so are all the other species. Claiming that ALL kudzu increases breast growth without specifying the species is to my mind misleading, but probably still technically correct (referring to the kudzu for breast enlargement link.) But, the most efficacious is P. mirifica, which is NOT the same thing as P. lobata or the other kudzu species. For best results, you really need to make sure you are taking P. mirifica. If carlaa is to be believed (no reason not to other than her obnoxious posts; but being obnoxious doesn't necessarily make one incorrect), it also matters whether the PM is farmed or wild, with the farmed cultivars yielding higher amounts of deoxymiroestrol and miroestrol than plants gathered from the wild. This makes sense, as humans have long used agricultural techniques to select for various desirable plant characteristics and creating new cultivars that do not occur in the wild without human intervention.

Of course, your mileage will vary, and you can take whatever herbs you choose. Now you can make a more informed decision about the kudzu available at your local Chinese market.

Hope this helps clear up the PM/kudzu issue.

Did you happen to come across any literature on P. lobata which indicated if it contains, deoxymiroestrol and miroestrol, if so, were the concentrations listed?

I got plenty of hits on pubmed for p. lobata; however, there is nothing mentioning deoxymiroestrol or miroestrol. Searches on just deoxymiroestrol or miroestrol yield a few hits but nothing with p. lobata. If p. Lobata and p. Mirifica are closely related the former might have those active elements in it but with out any literature on the matter it's hard to say. It's also possible that lobata might have different estrogen enhancing components which haven't been identified yet. I might do some more searches after physical therapy.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon