Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Anyone having stomach issues with herbs?

This is a new issue with me, I've been taking herbs for a long time now. But recently when I take my morning and evening pills its almost an intant reaction (not to be gross lol). Each dose is:

1 saw palmetto 450mg
1 fenugreek 610mg
1 wild yam 500mg

In the begining the reaction in my stomach was actually helpful but now its become and issue.

Anyone else have problems?

I think irritation from herbs is pretty common actually. It makes sense as well, especially if you're taking herbs on an empty stomach. I would suggest taking them with a glass of milk or a light snack or something. With a little bit of substance, the herbs shouldn't affect the pH and/or lining of your stomach as badly.

That's very true, thank you. I don't eat much so sometimes I do take them on an empty stomach or too small snack. I hope this hasn't been affecting their effectiveness as I did notice a stall when I lowered my food intake. Hmm..Blush

Personally, I would suggest a glass of milk (or soy if you don't like regular milk). It works as an excellent buffer of stomach acid because it's heavy and basic enough, but it's also light enough to not interfere with fast absorption (as if you took them with a whole meal.)

Good luck! (:

Lowering your food intake may be counter productive to your program. Your body needs the building blocks - protein - to build breasts. Poor nutrition = poor development. Don't go overboard and eat too much, that can lead to my problem, a big spare tire around the middle. Not good.

No, I haven't had that problem. I have however had problems with my breasts after taking them. Have you had painful lumps in your breasts?

I had the same exact problem when I was taking herbs. I also got very lightheaded and jittery for some reason (I'm thinking my blood sugar was lowered too much). I tried taking them with milk and snacks and still had the same issues - upset stomach, burping herbs ALL day! I switched over to Swanson's BO and haven't had any issues! Maybe you should give that a try. Good Luck!!

Hmmm, I do get a bit of a problem with my stomach after taking PM or for the short time I was on it, BB. I didn't think anything of it because I have a bit of problem with digestion anyway. When I take it at night I usually have to use an antacid afterwards to settle my stomach. I take my purple pill at night because I get excess acid overnight so I figured it just hadn't taken effect yet. Maybe it is just the herbs. Thinking it over I have been off everything for a a week now and don't have the problems. I will be starting PM again next week so I will find out then.

bunnie - I have fibroid cysts in my breasts, my run in my family. I have used flax seed and EPO to control their size. They were never painful though.

Some side affects I've had on herbs haven't been the most pleasent, and it did discourage me a little :/
But I'm really happy with the results I'm getting, so I'm sticking it out. I think with time, my body will get use to them.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon