Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

BO growth without pituitary?

Well since I've been on it for so long and have had limited progress with my NBE program, I am definitely stopping the melatonin; probably indefinitely. Last night was my first night without it, and I was awake much of the night. I didn't even fall asleep during my hypnosis recording like I usually do. Sad That is totally my fault for being on melatonin supplements for such a long time period. My understanding is that the use of melatonin is for short-term aid in regulating your sleeping schedule; not for long-term use. I think it's entirely possible that long-term use of melatonin can make your body dependent on the supplements and lower your own body's production of it. And now that you've mentioned melatonin promotes GH release, it's even more apparent to me how important it is for your body to be producing sufficient amounts of melatonin on its own, naturally. So it makes even more sense for me to stop taking it! I hadn't even considered my melatonin supplements as a possible hinderance to my NBE program until now. But the truth is that every single pill or supplement you take affects your body processes. The human body is so complicated, lol!

On my melatonin prescription it says not to take for more than 7 days. I used to take it when I was travelling a lot between Europe and States, many years ago. I was supposed to start taking it two days before changing time zone and three days after. I think this warning is there for a reason.

Try going to bed early, I know it's a torture to just stay in bed not being able to sleep Sad but growth hormone is secreted during the first hours of sleep and there's also some restriction on the time of the night, seriously. Like, after 2AM it is not secreted or something like that. If you take a nap during the day there will not be GH release. This also means that if you go to bed at midnight and then stay awake until 1AM then by the time you enter this special phase of sleep (slow wave, I think it is called) then it's too late already, I mean late to GH secretion! I know it sounds weird but I heard it from a doctor, so, I trust it is working like that.

I used to have problem sleeping and I found that if I'm really strict with myself - getting up early and going to bed early EVERY DAY no matter how much I want to sleep in the morning and how much I hate rolling in bed at night not being able to fall asleep - then it improves really fast! Just don't change your schedule, stick to it and you will see great results! Smile

(22-04-2011, 06:06 PM)Ginie Wrote:  On my melatonin prescription it says not to take for more than 7 days. I used to take it when I was travelling a lot between Europe and States, many years ago. I was supposed to start taking it two days before changing time zone and three days after. I think this warning is there for a reason.

Try going to bed early, I know it's a torture to just stay in bed not being able to sleep Sad but growth hormone is secreted during the first hours of sleep and there's also some restriction on the time of the night, seriously. Like, after 2AM it is not secreted or something like that. If you take a nap during the day there will not be GH release. This also means that if you go to bed at midnight and then stay awake until 1AM then by the time you enter this special phase of sleep (slow wave, I think it is called) then it's too late already, I mean late to GH secretion! I know it sounds weird but I heard it from a doctor, so, I trust it is working like that.

I used to have problem sleeping and I found that if I'm really strict with myself - getting up early and going to bed early EVERY DAY no matter how much I want to sleep in the morning and how much I hate rolling in bed at night not being able to fall asleep - then it improves really fast! Just don't change your schedule, stick to it and you will see great results! Smile
That sucks because I can never fall asleep before 1. Even when I go to bed at 10. But then I always wake up before 8 during the semester. I have insomnia due to stress.

Correct sleep pattern is essencial for delaying aging. It is essential for having a good functioning endocrine system. What can be more important than that?

Btw, I have always, since I was a child, been a "late owl" - going to bed around midnight and waking up late. But a friend of mine was an early bird. Guess who ended up with big breasts? :-) Just saying! Wink

Maybe it's the time you change your sleeping habit. I'm sure you don't go to bed at 10 every day Smile and you don't wake up EVERY day at the same time, do you? I was like you, going to bed at after midnight but I changed that when I started having severe problems sleeping. I was a real nazi with myself - setting the alarm clock for 7AM EVERY day, yes, that includes weekend. Before I would stay in bed till 11AM or even later during weekends. I changed that and now feel much better. Now I can wake up at 7AM on weekdays and around 8 or 8:30 on weekends. I still go to bed at 10PM or 10:30. It IS possible to change your sleeping pattern. You will do good for yourself.

(23-04-2011, 11:19 AM)Ginie Wrote:  Correct sleep pattern is essencial for delaying aging. It is essential for having a good functioning endocrine system. What can be more important than that?

Btw, I have always, since I was a child, been a "late owl" - going to bed around midnight and waking up late. But a friend of mine was an early bird. Guess who ended up with big breasts? :-) Just saying! Wink

Maybe it's the time you change your sleeping habit. I'm sure you don't go to bed at 10 every day Smile and you don't wake up EVERY day at the same time, do you? I was like you, going to bed at after midnight but I changed that when I started having severe problems sleeping. I was a real nazi with myself - setting the alarm clock for 7AM EVERY day, yes, that includes weekend. Before I would stay in bed till 11AM or even later during weekends. I changed that and now feel much better. Now I can wake up at 7AM on weekdays and around 8 or 8:30 on weekends. I still go to bed at 10PM or 10:30. It IS possible to change your sleeping pattern. You will do good for yourself.

I will definitely try this starting Wednesday.

I've been a night owl my whole life too, ever since I was a kid. Waking up early for school was torturous for me. I've struggled for so many years trying to get on a "normal" schedule. These days I usually go to bed around 2AM. Talk about sabotaging my NBE; not to mention my health. I will definitely put in more effort to change that schedule now!

Thanks for the helpful info! Smile

I go to bed too late, no wonder I am not growing! I will have to try getting into a better sleeping pattern!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon