Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

New user :) - question about nipples

Hello !

I am glad I found this site as it seems to be really very helpful. I just started the Brave Sport system yesterday for three hours. The question I have is regarding the color of my nipples after I removed it - it was a light shade of purple (whereas they are usually light pink.)

I am very very nervous about changing something about them or any discoloration in general. What has been people's experience? Do they change color or increase in size?

I have read in this forum's archive that people have taped cotton balls to the their nipples with medical tape during suction. Have anyone tried this or other methods with success?

Thank you in advance for your help !

Alina

Hi Alina!!!
and welcome to this amazing forum! Smile
I don't have the Brava system but I have the NoogleBerry one. it's a manual pump.
I don't think that it's good that your nipples terned purple.it was your first time you used it? and you did it for 3 full hours? I think that maybe you did it to much for your first pump!!! You should start with short sessions...maybe 30 min up to an hour...then after a week or a few days do longer sessions.
I use bandaids on my nipples. and it works great! Smile
Good Luck dear!

Brava CAN change your nipples permenantly. Some experienced bigger nipples. I personally am not sure if mine got bigger or not but they are lighter in color then before. So I advise you to tape your nipples if you don't want them to change!!

Thank you for the responses! CousinRose, would you suggest to take them without cotton or with - or does it really make no difference?

To be honest, I find it difficult to believe that just some tape with cotton ball or not would make a difference since technically it would be the pressure that effects the nipples ... any thoughts on this?

I've actually been thinking the same. I would think you need something harder then cotton to push the nipple down and then tape over it but I have never taped my nipples. I hope someone has an input on this that has tried taping.

Eva, sweety, brava is a system that HAS TO BE used for 10 hours per day, no exceptions. She can't use it for less than that for it to work, it's not the same as Noogleberry. Brava works on a lower pressure system for a longer amount of time per day. So if she's doing it 10 hours, she's doing it right.

jheights, I have a Noogleberry not a Brava... but after my pumping sessions my nips are a slightly purple, not much though. I think this is from increased blood flow. I used NB for a year straight and never had any change in my nipples, but other people have reported changes in theirs from pump systems. I'd say a cotton ball would be a bit bulky, I experimented one time and put a cotton round on my nips and taped it down, but it wouldn't stay for me. I'd say a cotton round (the facial pads you clean makeup off with, they are usually next to cotton balls at the store) would be a better bet because they are flat and round. Actually my areolas are as big as the cotton round itself lol, but I had a child and breastfed, so could be why. Good luck!

I appreciate the responses - Actually, in the time that has passed, I have had no problems. That it, it was literally only the first time I used it for three hours. Now my nipples even stay the same color once I take them off. Thank you so much !

Funny, I never bother doing anything with my nipples 'cause I want them to grow. But I never see any color change or other effects when I pump. They seem to have changed very slightly since I have started. Perhaps over time.....

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum also, very excited to join the community!

Whoever was advising or thinking about taping their nipples, DON'T DO IT!!!! I tried Band-Aids during my second or third week of Brava (I'm now in week 6) because they were feeling a little sore, and I ended up with blisters! The Band-Aid adhesive also took off some skin when I peeled them off. I found that the soreness does decrease over time, but what has really helped me is applying lidocaine twice daily. Actually, I use a cream that contains both lidocaine and hydrocortisone on my nipples so they won't swell, and it seems to be working great. They don't hurt anymore and they haven't gotten any bigger. Boobs, on the other hand, are already two cup sizes bigger (hehe) - I'm really excited to see what the permanent results will be!

Hang in there, and good luck!

-V.R.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon