Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Massage Question

Question 

Has anyone ever massaged and not get any swelling? I first started massaging (regular lotion, no herbs, ~300 rotations) a few months ago (late October) and initially I got about an inch worth of swelling that would gradually disappear. I was consistent with massage for a few weeks. However, I slacked on massaging during the holidays (a lot of traveling) and recently I started massaging again (regular lotion, ~300 rotations) but I don't appear to get any swelling (measured). Huh I drink water continuously throughout the day but maybe I need more... I get no less than 2 liters daily, which is really good for me b/c I used to have a bad habit of hardly ever drinking water. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Smile

It can depend on where you are in your cycle. During the first days your body just doesn't seem to keep any water Smile But in the second half (espesially closer to the period) your body retain water incredibly well Smile Do you also drink green tea? It is a strong diuretic. Coffee is too.

Besides, I wouldn't call what you get as a result of a massage "a swelling".

I am of course no expert. Are you feeling any soreness after you finish? Also are you using a heating pad to help keep circulation going? Just a suggestion. But a Noogleberry like device could help you maintain and get your swelling started after you massage. Lastly, Are you getting any indications of possible actions in the tissues? Like itching, tingling, etc

Thanks for your replies.

Ginie - No I don't drink green tea, coffee, or any diuretic beverages. I mainly drink water and maybe occasionally some juice. I know massage may not produce NB type "swelling" or blood circulation but at any rate I get encouraged by any visible changes that I may see. Smile That's something I didn't consider (what part of my cycle I was on), thanks for pointing that out.

Andy - Yes, I do sometimes feel mild soreness, I try to make sure I massage gently but sometimes I do get in a hurry and pick up the pace a little with the chi rotations. Not to the point of being rough though. Ginie made a good point that I had not considered, about where I may be in my cycle that determines how my breasts respond to the massage(s). After massage I do use a heating pad for about ten minutes. I may get itching sensations but nothing really major. I'm doing massage partially for breast health (had 2 fibroadenomas removed last year) and secondly as some form of NBE (Fengshui/TigerLily) to be done while I try to determine what other NBE options may mesh well with my body. Last year I briefly tried the herbs route and that just turned me into Freddie Krueger (mood wise) so I stopped. lol I anticipated that the herbs would potentially cause certain symptoms but the mood swings one wasn't jiving very well with me at the time.

I recently started (this month) using some Progesterone Cream to ease some PMS symptoms and it's certainly helped me, mood wise, etc. I'm 2 days from my cycle starting and the last couple of nights I've had sharp pains behind my nipple area that I don't recall having to this extent ever before. Generally my breasts are achey during this time of the month but this month I would say it's more intense. Could be my body is just adjusting to the PC but hey if I get some growth that would be a pleasant surprise although that's not my intended purpose for using it. Sorry for droning on and on.

Thanks again to both of you for your replies. Smile

I'm pretty new to nbe, but I've never been much of a massager. I tried it, but I decided I was getting my results from taking herbs rather than the massaging. I about to start massaging with Breast Success cream, though so I will let you know how that goes. I've enjoyed results from the pill, so I decided I'd give the cream a go and hopefully see some even better results.

stellsbells - I wish you good luck with your nbe program. Smile I'm rather new to nbe as well. I've looked around the board from time to time but I still have a lot to learn. From what I understand it's generally helpful if you can incorporate massage into your routine. I've read from some nbe veterans (e.g. Anastasia) that it can be very beneficial. I know it can be time consuming though, but I'm sure it can only help with your program.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon