Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

UB and Estrogen Dominance

Hi all! I am new to this forum, but a recovering herbal NBE survivor lol! I am rather hormonal right now to say the least. I feel I may have become estrogen dominant by taking PM and other estrogenic herbs. I tried Grow Bust and La Femme breast formula, the la femme made me feel sick and I started getting headaches and hypoglycemia symptoms as well as not sleeping well. Not to mention cellutlite and FAT ARMS ARG!! I have been on a cleanse for two cycles now, have lost about 15 lbs (got rid of the cellulite, still battling the fat arms thing) and I am wondering if I should even bother with the UB I just ordered or not. I really don't want any more hormonal issues- most notably the headaches THEY SUCK! I've got the DIM and the progesterone cream going right now, but I lost all my growth I had while on herbals Sad I was even up to a 34C+ Now I am back down to a soft C/B+. I really want a way to get my breast to firm up since I have post nursing breasts and to even fill out a bit since the skin is...well it looks like they are literally deflated. Soooo...my question is, will the UB give me as much trouble as the herbals? Does estrogen dominance occur with UB for any of you? Or is this really a progesterone enhancing supplement (not convinced of this yet, not finding the right info to confirm this)? Any personal stories and advice is more than welcome!! I am also thinking about ordering the NB later this month. Do results take a long time for NB?

Thanks gals! Great to read all y'all's stories on this forum!

I to had bad side effects with herbs, mine were, weight gain, cellulite, more acne than usual, mood swings, loss of sex drive, hair loss, painful periods, etc. I never experienced any of that while on UB. UB is progesterone based, herbs are phytoestrogens. I also have used NB and found it best for making them firm again (I too had a baby and breastfed), and helped shape them better. Also massage and breast exercises help with firming and shaping also. My suggestion, do your research. UB worked well for me and I had no side effects, but everyone is different. Good luck.

Thanks Anastasia! Very good info! I am definitely going to try the NB then!! I am also going to go ahead and try the UB just to see how I respond. I am glad I am not alone in having a bad time with the herbals. I have a feeling if I reacted the same way to herbals as you, I may respond the same to the UB. We will see! I may just post some progress soon Wink

Well bad news. I got a whopper of a headache from just one UB pill Sad But I am thinking it could be the wild yam, not the BO because I've also had this same reaction when using Chasteberry. I am going to try generic before I give up on the BO all together. Arg! Again with the hormones! But on a more positive note, I ordered my NB yeah!!! I am super excited. I warned my husband about how odd I will be looking in the evenings for the next few months lol Wink but he is happy about helping with massage!

Okay with the headaches, it could be many things. Have you changed anything else besides just taking the UB? Have you decreased caffeine intake at all? When you decrease your caffeine you do have withdrawals from it for a while, for me it was migraines for a couple of weeks. Also the headaches could be the change in hormones, like how pregnant women sometimes have headaches when the increased hormones first start. What I suggest is starting out slow with the UB in your case, like take 1 pill per day for the first week, then increase to 2 per day for a week or two, then go to the full 3 pills per day. This will help so you don't have an overwhelming change right away and your body can become adjusted. When I first went through puberty I also had migraines all the time and my dr said it was from my hormones kicking in, some of us are just sensitive to it. I would say do the adjusting period as I suggested, see if the headaches subside after a few weeks, if not then it could be a hormonal imbalance problem. The WY in UB is VERY small percentage, it's not enough to actually effect you in my opinion. Hope this helps and good luck.

my opinion is BO could possible cause more estrogen creation in the body, resulting in an overload. from my own experience and from what I have read from others, the side effects people have experienced are very much in line with what estrogen dominance, and often severe estrogen dominance- looks like. Obviously, there are people, like anastasia, who havent had that problem at all, but its pretty clear that it is not uncommon for many women trying BO.

try it i guess, and see what happens. i think it is very powerful- BO i mean, and you will be able to notice pretty fast if its having a bad impact on your health. I guess from the hormonal imbalances you have experienced before it will be pretty obvious if its happening again. i started feeling side effects after about a week. Alot of others i have read about in these forums seem to feel them very quickly as well.

HELLO ESTO-JEN,
PLEASE LOOK INTO A THREAD CALLED "BO & EMOTIONS." IT TELLS OF MANY OTHERS WHO USED UB, BB & BO & WHAT SIDE EFFECTS THEY EXPERIENCED. IT HELPED ME KNOW I WAS NOT ALONE IN MY BO SIDE EFFECTS PROBLEM.
HOPE IT HELPS & GOOD LUCK!

universallove and lostacres, I don't think the headaches she is experiencing isn't the same type of side effects you gals experienced. Like I said it could possibly be many things. I understand you both had a bad experience with BO, but I also think we shouldn't jump to conclusions until we find out what's going on here. I understand you both feel you were wronged by BO, I'm sure BO is like anything else in NBE, it will work for some but not others. But I also think going around assuming it's bad for someone without finding out first... that can scare them from using it when it may have been something else causing it, and they may have had miraculous results with BO as I have, itsjust4fun did, Cheryl did, etc. So can we not jump the gun here and scare away new girls from using things? It's just like with herbs, I had bad side effects and I do say what they were, but I also tell ladies to be sure it's the herbs doing it first before stopping.

Unfortunately, I am all too familiar with hormone headaches. They are often accompanied by the urge to cry for no reason and mood swings. I don't drink caffeine so I don't think it's that. I've also been eating really healthy and exercising every day so I am not feeling hormonally unbalanced unless I take the herbs. I had estrogen dominance for little while after stopping the PM and other herbs and still have it, but not as severe. Then I tried to take chasteberry and progesterone cream to increase my progesterone and it took one week for my body to say "I'm good, thanks. Don't need any more" I started to get headaches really bad with the urge to cry for no reason. I think I've maxed out both my estrogen and progesterone potential. I really started noticing my own body balancing itself out since I've been working out a lot and eating really healthy. Maybe I don't need all these fancy potions anymore lol Wink

I think I am better off keeping my body's natural balance for now. It seems to know what it's doing and it gets better every cycle. I feel great without the herbs and the UB. And my breasts aren't too bad either. I think I just need to re-shape them, fill them out a bit and pirk them up. I think I will respond really well to the NB.

BUT, I may just still need to cleanse more before I try the UB again. Perhaps didn't get all the extra estrogen out of my body yet. That PM stuff is the worst! So chances are, I may try UB again after I am done with my fitness goals. I am also going to try the progesterone cream for another few cycles. I read that it takes time for it to treat the estrogen dominance completely and it can get worse before it gets better. I also read that some women's breasts respond positively to progesterone cream and even grow some. I will have to put that one to the test!

what are you doing for cleansing your estrogen? i am curious as i think i still have too much and want to balance out. i know maca is good, i am doing progesterone cream too. have you tried anything else?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon