Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Body temperature: difference in readings ???

Hi, It's my first post here though I was reading the threads for few weeks now. Today is my first day on BO (generic - Swanson) and along with it, I take L-Tyrosine (no kelp for now) and pituitary. Now, before I started my program I was measuring my t for some time and I was mostly within the recommended 98.2-98.6, but not always, so that's why I decided to add L-T. just to keep my temp in the good range.

So, as I wrote above, today is my fist day, and I've been measuring my temp and it's all over the place depending on how I take it. Orally-98.1, axillary - 98.5, and rectally - the thermometer goes into alarm mode because it shows 99.5 (but I feel fine)!

I'm not sure what this all means and how it can be so different... I read that rectal t is the most accurate, but then it makes me concerned that such high t can be also unproductive for NBE. It seems that I take the readings using correct techniques. I read that oral t is also very accurate but with that I'm not even at 98.2...

Does anybody have any ideas/experience about this?

I always take my temp orally, and you said you take L-T but no kelp for now... you know you should choose one or the other right? You shouldn't take both as far as I've read. I took kelp to fix my temp when it's not right. But know the time of day you take your temp can vary also, also depends on if you feel cold or not too.

(21-03-2011, 02:07 AM)Anastasia916 Wrote:  I always take my temp orally, and you said you take L-T but no kelp for now... you know you should choose one or the other right? You shouldn't take both as far as I've read. I took kelp to fix my temp when it's not right. But know the time of day you take your temp can vary also, also depends on if you feel cold or not too.
Eek, I've been taking both. 2 L-tyrosine and 1 kelp a day. I skipped kelp for a couple of days though. I'm also wondering whether when we ramp up the BO we should ramp up the pituitary and adrenal as well?

raw, no clue hun, I never took pituitary and adrenal. Remember I take UB, not generic, never understood why people take pituitary and adrenal, UB doesn't have it in it.

No Anastasia, I didn't know that I shouldn't take both kelp and L-T. I went with L-T only for now, because most time my temp was ok, and I followed itsjust4fun's advise not to fix something if it's not broken. Any reason why these two are not compatible?

no clue, just know I've read to only take one or the other, I went with kelp because I don't consume table salt, I only use seasalt and only using that and not table salt I don't get iodine, so figured kelp was best for me

I can't imagine that day one of taking BO could actually be what is effecting your temp, though I do know that one of the reasons kelp or L Tyrosine is recommended even when temp is not low is because it has been said that the BO process can put a strain on the thyroid and lead to low body temp eventually, so that is one of the reasons BB suggest taking it even when the temp is normal, though as I was quoted, I do strongly believe in not adressing something unless it's an issue. Something else to keep in mind is also where in your cycle you are. Your temp will rise and fall slightly throughout your cycle. It's highest point is from ovulation until the period starts. I find that mine drops the day I start my period and will stay low until I ovulate again. Though even my low now is pretty decent since I found my low body temp to be candida issues.

I never had a problem with it, but I do remember reading on the old site that some gals had a problem with increased yeast infections while on BO.

Anastasia, the raw adrenal is for temp problems due to adrenal fatigue, which is one of the causes of low body temp.
Like you though, I am not completely sure why the pituitary is added if only to help it work at it's optimal level. Growth hormone is produced by the pituitary gland and is said to be required for breast growth.

Mel

ty Mel, that makes more sense, well UB worked for me before without adrenal and pituitary, so sure I'll be fine this time around, I say don't worry about it unless you need it

Wait, so high temperature also negatively affects nbe? My temperature has always been higher than 98.6 on average. How do I solve this?

Not that i know of. And low body temp doesn't always mean it won't work. It's not the temp that causes problems but the "cause" of the low temp that does it. I grew fine with low temp but mine was adrenal and candida,so my thyroid works fine which is what counts. A high temp just means you have an awesome metabolism and no other probs so i see no reason why it would effect nbe in a bad way.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon