Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Body temperature: difference in readings ???

Oh please let that be true Mel lol... I had a high temp in my teens all the time just like Raw. Anywhere from 98.6-99.5 without being sick! And I was super skinny! Not sure what measurement my waist was but my ex (son's father) use to be able to put his hands on my waist and touch thumb to thumb and middle finger to middle finger! So I'm guessing 20" or so. Well my temp for a few days got really low, like 97.1 and such, so I decided to add kelp back in my routine, for the first few days it went back to 98.2-98.6 but today it's 99.1 and I'm not sick so hopefully this can kick me back into my old metabolism, please oh please do! Wink

You can google metabolic body temperature and find tons of things that detail how the temp and metabolism go hand in hand. It's actually pretty handy info to know to really understand your body and how the metabolism works for dieting. I know i always have my best dieting results during the last half of my cycle. I can also cheat on my diet and still loose but the first half of my cycle i can also put it back on easier. Lol.

Mel

Well, my period came today - about 5 days earlier. Not that my period is all that precise (it can be 1-2 days late or early), but this is unusual. But I also must say that for some strange reason it was about 5 days late last time, so maybe I got back on my schedule?

But what makes me more concerned is that yesterday I had hard time keeping my tem up, and today it dropped completely to 97.6-7. Despite taking L-T x2/d. I don't want to be staying in that range for too long and not sure what to do. There is no kelp in pharmacies around and it would take few days to get it from online store like Swanson. Additionally, Anastasia says you have to either take kelp or L-T, but not both. Not to question your advice, Anastasia, but did anyone else hear about this? I would be especially interested if itsjust4fun has some input on that. Thanks, girls!

To: itsjust4fun

Based on your previous post, would it be reasonable of me to assume that I have high metabolism due to the fact that I have very good appetite, eat a lot of different food and can hardly gain any weight? I mean, I really do eat very well and my weight only fluctuates between 95 to 100 lbs (height 5'5") and people think I must be starving myself.

If so, should I just stop worrying about my temp at all?

Before my last child while in my 30's I had a very high metabolism too. I was like you and ate whatever whenever I wanted and never gained a single pound. In fact it was easy for me to become under weight at the drop of a hat. Even back then my temp was not always what it should have been but my metabolism was so super impressive that it didn't matter, but when my temp was up higher was when I would lose weight no matter what I ate.

I would say if you strugle with your weight then your temp being low is not a sign of your thyroid and so unless you have problems growing down the road I wouldn't start adding things in. Take you Bo and drink your protien and see what happens. maybe if you're lucky you might put on a pound or two during the process which can help with the breast growth. While everyone said you don't gain weight on BO I found that I went from 132 to 137 during the transition from A to C. It only mde sense to me since that was a lot of added tissue I now have that I didn't before.
I hope I answered your question, but if not let me know and I'll try to do better.

Mel

Thank you Mel! I hope that my natural metabolism will help with things. I wouldn't mind gaining some weight to increase my BMI since it's too low now and I'm reading that it's not good for NBE.

Do you think I should continue take L-T just for thyroid support (since you had mentioned that BO does put a strain on it)?

I take 1500 mg/day of BO currently (along with over 100 g of protein per day) and I seem to be getting a positive reaction so far. No major growth yet of course (it has only been a week today) but I had sensitivity in my breasts from like day 2 (and slight pains) and my breasts look and feel rounder. I know, my period came like 3 days after starting BO (it was earlier than expected and with unusually heavy flow), but it is not common for me to have breast swelling before period - I was only experiencing it when I was on BCP couple of years ago.

PS. I know I should start a program page, but I can't get to it yet.

Mel, would it be possible for you to check out my question here: http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=7251&pid=25826#pid25826
(regarding progesterone cream).? Thanks!

(27-03-2011, 08:16 PM)A-2-C Wrote:  Thank you Mel! I hope that my natural metabolism will help with things. I wouldn't mind gaining some weight to increase my BMI since it's too low now and I'm reading that it's not good for NBE.

Do you think I should continue take L-T just for thyroid support (since you had mentioned that BO does put a strain on it)?

I take 1500 mg/day of BO currently (along with over 100 g of protein per day) and I seem to be getting a positive reaction so far. No major growth yet of course (it has only been a week today) but I had sensitivity in my breasts from like day 2 (and slight pains) and my breasts look and feel rounder. I know, my period came like 3 days after starting BO (it was earlier than expected and with unusually heavy flow), but it is not common for me to have breast swelling before period - I was only experiencing it when I was on BCP couple of years ago.

PS. I know I should start a program page, but I can't get to it yet.

I forgot to answer your question about the L-tyrosine. I don't see any reason not to take the l-tyrosine if you want to. It really doesn't seem to have any adverse side effects and helps in so many areas that are helpful for nbe. It's one of those awesome supplements that I would recommend any woman to take even if they weren't involved in nbe.

Mel

Thank you, Mel! (and for the other answer in different topic too).

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon