Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Herb maximum's and good dosages for starting out?

Hi everyone. Currently I am taking 4 herbs for NBE... fennel, saw palmetto, wild yam, and ground flax seed. I am currently taking these amounts per day...
1000mg wild yam
540 mg of saw palmetto
1440mg of fennel
1 tablespoon of flax seed

Do these dosages seem ok?? I'm just curious about maximums... should I just take this and then ramp up later??? I'm so confused. BTW I've only been on these for about 3 days...

Hi, I’m sorry I will not be able to answer your question directly but I can tell you what I take. I’m also quite new to herbs.

Fenugreek 3x 610mg
Kelp 3x 30mg
And three cups of fennel tea.

As a guide I wouldn’t go too much over recommended daily dosages on the bottle. However I guess someone will come on here and tell you have to take more to get the effects. If you take the highest accepted dosage of most herbs daily I would say you are getting enough to see results. I’m not taking as much as I could, as I too am wary about over doing it. I’m more inclined to change herbs for a while when they no longer have an effect rather then up the dose so that I work in cycles.

I also think this is a good idea because then you get to try a grater range of herbs and eventually can narrow it down to herbs that work for you.

I had a question of my own part related so I wandered if some could answer it with yours. Are there herbs that compliment one another and thus should be taken together? Equally are there some that don’t mix well so avoid taking them close to one another or don’t take them together at all?

(24-03-2011, 03:27 AM)Alexis119 Wrote:  Hi everyone. Currently I am taking 4 herbs for NBE... fennel, saw palmetto, wild yam, and ground flax seed. I am currently taking these amounts per day...
1000mg wild yam
540 mg of saw palmetto
1440mg of fennel
1 tablespoon of flax seed

Do these dosages seem ok??

The amounts you're taking are actually quite modest. If you look through the program pages you'll see that many women using herbs have taken much higher quantities than you give above.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon