Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My breast are getting purple if the cups are staying on for too long

Hey ladies.
I think I have a problem. For how long should the cups stay on when have been pumped and your breast have enlarged? I have had them on for five minutes, but me breasts slightly turned red/purple.. And they shouldn't turn purple should they?

Hope you'll understand, my english isn't that good.

Thanks in advance.Smile

Your breasts can turn pink or redish while pumping, but if they are going purple you are either A. using too much pressure and should go at a lower pressure amount B. using domes that are too big for you, thus you have to use too much pressure to keep them on. Yes in a normal pumping session when doing pump and hold, you pump until there is a pull, but not painful, then leave it for the entire time, say 30 min to an hour. But if you are turning purple in the first 5 min... it's like I said earlier, you are using too much pressure or domes that are too big for you.

Wow, okay thank-u for your answer Anastasia, I think I know what to do now. Smile

Mine do turn purple sometimes but this fades away within a minute after I take them off. I haven't noticed any side effects though I agree they look scary when purple Smile

Ginie, they shouldn't be turning purple at all, if they are you are using too much pressure and need to ease up a bit. The turning purple is your body telling you it's too much. You may not have any side effects right now... but overpumping like that can cause severe damage, it can cause damaged tissue, so really is it worth it? I've read over the years of people using breast pumps for NBE and overpumping until they were purple and ended up with damaged tissue then, the body healed this tissue and left their breasts smaller than when they started! This isn't a race by any means and you need to take it slowly. I know I didn't have the miraculous results some others did where they grew tons of cup sizes within a few months. But I did things slowly and how my body told me to do them, and yes after a year of pumping consistently I only went up 2 cup sizes... but it's permanent and all worth it to me. Your health is more valuable than growing. So my suggestion, don't let them go purple! It may also be that you need to do some preparations before pumping... it could be as simple as you need more lotion or whatever you are using before pumping. It could be that you need to massage before you noogling, I know that helps me. It could be you need more water intake throughout the day (trust me this makes a difference). It could be that you need to try some of the techniques like the noogling in the bathtub one. All of these things can help you to pump further without turning purple. HTH and GL

Thank you so much, Anastasian! I will be looking into things I could do about preparing for noogling.. I take it slow with NB because I'm afraid of any damage (nipple damage, stretch marks and other really scary things). I use foam rings because without them I can't keep the domes on (actually I can but then I have to apply more presure). So I never get those ring marks. The bad thing is that my boobs turn purple (not dark purple, just pinkish-purple) even if I apply a little bit of pressure Huh I don't even get red dots (got them only during the first session). Do your boobs stay normal skin color throughout the noogling? Mine return to normal the minute I take the domes off, really, it takes less than a minute. I will try doing morec massage before noogling, will apply heat pad before, just to see if it improves things. If they still change color during noogling - does it mean thar the NB is not for me? Sad

PS. "only two cup sizes"?? Big Grin OMG! Smile You are so funny! Smile TWO cup sizes!! It's HUGE! I think anyone here will be happy beyond reality if they grow two cup sizes! Smile

Umm... when I noogle they turn pinkish for a bit, then after I'd say 15 min they turn to normal color in the domes, but may be from my long term use of it. I've never pumped where they turned purple... but maybe just a lil wouldn't hurt? Maybe email Lucy and ask. And haha yea I say only 2 cup sizes because sometimes people getting into NBE expect miracles, seriously they do. I try to be the voice of reason and put things into reality that it takes time.

It's definately better to be safe than sorry. I will write to Lucy and ask around over at NB forum. I was pretty sure it was everybody's reaction - skin turning pink or light purple which fades away as soon as you take the domes off. I take it really slow (gentle) with pumping. In the beginning I was just new to it and was afraid of any damage. After a month or so when I saw results from it I was VERY tempted to do it longer or little harder but I can't afford any marks which won't fade away within minutes because I keep it secret from my husband. So if I did get red dots or indents or discoloration which would last until the evening (I pump around lunch time and he gets home in the evening) that would raise some questions! Smile At the moment I continue half an hour on each breast. I can't manage to keep both domes on so, I use one at the time. I know it's better to pump in the evening (body tends to retain fluid in the evening and get rid of in in the morning) but unfortunately this is not an option for me. Will let you know once I get the answer from Lucy.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon