Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Should PM be taken with progesterone?

Taking excess estrogen can lead to progesterone deficiency, so who here recommends taking PM with progesterone such as Mexican Wild Yam?

Wild yam does not equal progesterone. Wild yam and soy are the raw materials from which laboratory-produced progesterone is formulated commercially. Look at any OTC progesterone cream. If it says "natural" it was made from soy or mexican wild yam.

It took years to figure out the biochemistry and enzymatic pathways to do that in the laboratory and make it commercially viable. According to experts that understand the biochemistry better than I, it is VERY unlikely that the same conversion happens in the body. Those multistep enzymatic pathways do NOT exist in our bodies. This is a good article on the topic, though it's not original research: http://heartspring.net/progesterone_cream.html

While progesterone may be beneficial to take with PM, it would probably be more cost effective to stick with a high quality OTC progesterone cream.

Hope this helps.

CHRIS HONEY YOU DID GOOD JOB AT BEING 100 PER CENT WRONG! NOT 50 PER CENT NOT 75 PER CENT......BUT 100 PER CENT.

PROGESTERONE IS VERY EASY TO MAKE...........THEY USE ABOUT 6 ENZMES

TO DO IT. A NATURAL MOLECULE IDENTICAL TO WATCH YOUR BODY MAKES

carlaa,

are you completely dense?! I said synthesizing progesterone was a multistep process that DOES NOT happen in the body. 6 enzymes is a multistep process. That IS 100% true. The body does not have the right enzymes to make this multistep conversion. That IS 100% true. Don't believe me? Read it for yourself:

http://www.bioidenticalprogesterone.info...hesis.html

http://www.lifeholistic.com/articles/7/w...ome-facts/

I never said it wasn't easy to synthesize now--just look at the huge number of bioidentical progesterone products on he market. But, it was a struggle to commercially produce and market bioidentical progesterone as versus biosimilar progestins that big pharma could patent from which they would make huge profits.

The fact remains, ingesting wild yam, soy or other diosgenin (the precursor from which bioidentical progesterone is synthesized) containing plants HAS NO PROGESTERONE EFFECT. Consuming them does have an effect, but it's not because it contains progesterone (it doesn't) and it's not because the body can make progesterone from it (it can't.)

What exactly is your point since you are so wrong in your rude comment?

chris whatever u say

natural progesterone is made in a lab from wild yam or soya(its found to have less side effects to synthetic progesterone)
Iv been thinking the same thing actually i think it may be worth a try for a month maybe.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon