Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Calorie intake: what is the minimum amount recommended for growth

I really want to lose weight (like 7-8 pounds) and I'm thinking of doing it slow and steady at a rate of about 1.5 pounds a week. I'm really concerned that this might affect my growth. I only have enough time to fit in a 300 calorie work out 6 days a week and so I would like to take my calorie intake down to about 1350 calories a day. The protein intake is not a problem as I could easily get 100 grams off of 1200 cals.

My 2nd option would be to lose about 1 pound a week by eating 1600 calories and working out every day. What do you guys think?

Hi raw! A woman needs about 2000 cal/day, 2/3 of that is our basal metabolism (which means you need it just to lay in bed all day to breath, pump your blood, digest and metabolize your food and support homeostasis). You can cut your calories intake, so that the body will burn fat to supplement your caloric needs. Now, a pound of body fat provides about 3500 calories. For example, if your nutrition is 500 cal/day short, you will need about 7 days to burn one pund of body fat (but it usually takes few days of dieting to turn on the machinery that would do that).

100 g of protein will yeild you about 400 calories (4 calories per gram) assuming that all gets absorbed and metabolised.

I'm not sure if any of this info is valuable to you since I don't really know how this would affect your NBE, sorry.

What is your current weight and height?

(02-04-2011, 01:37 AM)nbe_newbie Wrote:  What is your current weight and height?

5'8" and 137/138

Raw, I don't mean to get in your business but your weight and height is fine... your BMI is 20.8, so why exactly do you want to lose more? Do you want to lose weight, lose fat, or tone muscles? But honestly from your weight and height you don't need to lose anymore weight. Too low of a BMI is never good for NBE. My BMI is 24 right now! I wish mine was 21, I'd be happy with that. Maybe you are being too hard on yourself weight wise?

On the BB website its stated that you can be on a diet and grow breasts :

"Yes, you can use Bountiful Breast® in conjunction with dieting and exercise. The natural progesterone in Bountiful Breast® helps your body metabolize fat from your body, while your body is storing fat in your breasts in response to your hormones. We have had customers for instance lose 20 pounds while gaining one cup size over a 5 month period. Bountiful Breast® will also help prevent breast shrinkage while you are dieting, so your breasts retain their size or increase while the rest of your body loses weight."

I`m on a diet too, 1200kcal per day, but I get like 100grams of protein (trying to build muscles and boobs).

Good luck!

(02-04-2011, 03:46 AM)Anastasia916 Wrote:  Raw, I don't mean to get in your business but your weight and height is fine... your BMI is 20.8, so why exactly do you want to lose more? Do you want to lose weight, lose fat, or tone muscles? But honestly from your weight and height you don't need to lose anymore weight. Too low of a BMI is never good for NBE. My BMI is 24 right now! I wish mine was 21, I'd be happy with that. Maybe you are being too hard on yourself weight wise?
I just gain weight in the wrong places. I mostly gain weight in the love handles and upper thighs so it's fine in the winter to be at this weight but in the summer when it's bikini season it doesn't look good. It's not that I think I'm a cow at this weight, I just look best in the 120s and I want to look my best. I think pear shapes and hour glass shapes can get away with a little extra weight and still look voluptuous but I actually get curvier when I lose weight because the fat in my love handles goes away.

Ah ok gotcha, there are workouts that can target those specific areas. I'm pear shaped but hate how I gain weight when I get over 130 (for my height that is considered overweight) it goes to my lower tummy, hips, butt and thighs. I also get some in the love handles area too, but only after gaining in the other areas. But yea targeted workouts should do it. But I don't think going too low with calories is how to go about it, I see people basically starving themselves then as soon as they start eating normal again they gain it all back plus some, it messes up your metabolism. So I'd say go with increased workouts as a plan to get your body in shape the way you want. I know I need to increase mine back to what I was doing. I'm only managing 2-3 times per week right now and slowly gaining weight back, so I need to go back to 5-7 times per week.

I am 5'5 and same weight as you. I would not recommend you lose any more weight. Your BMI is healthy. It will mess up your hormones, because your body needs a certain amount of fat(leptin) to be healthy. Have you tested your estrogen level? Low levels cause fat to accumulate in the belly instead of up top.

Everyone is different so this weight may be fine and look great on you. The only reason my weight is as high as it is is because I've been eating a TON for the past few months from stress. Like 3000 calories a day some days and not working out as regularly as I should. I started college at 122 (naturally without any dieting I just worked out more regularly and ate healthier) and now I'm 138 so you can see why I feel so uncomfortable at this weight.

I ate healthy and worked out moderately over winter break and i lost 5 pounds easily and now over 2 months I have gained it back due to unhealthy diet and exercise habits.

Here is me around 130-132

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon