Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Question about Ramping

Hey everyone!

I have searched both the old forum and the BE Board about ramping. I have been ramping my herbal pill dosages. I'm now up to the following:

3 x Saw Palmetto
2 x Fenugreek
0 x Wild Yam

500 mg per pill

I take one saw palmetto and one fenugreek in the morning. Then one saw palmetto in the afternoon. Then the last two pills at night before I go to sleep.

I was wondering if anyone took the pills all at once or spaced them out the way that I have done?

Thanks for your input!

Hello msmonica,

You can ramp them up all at the same time, in 500mg increments per day, each. You will also need a multivitamin with a B complex in it, flaxseed oil and EPO - 1000mg three times per day each. For topicals, see "Transdermal Considerations" in this thread on the BEBOARD:
http://beboard.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Routines&action=display&thread=3029

Spacing the pills out evenly during the day as you have done is the best way to do it.

As to what to ramp up the herb dosages to, as a 34A it would be good to keep the herbal dosages at or below 2000mg.

Chicken foot soup and 3000mg per day (spread out) would be good for MSM.

Wahaika

(06-04-2011, 06:22 AM)Wahaika Wrote:  Hello msmonica,

You can ramp them up all at the same time, in 500mg increments per day, each. You will also need a multivitamin with a B complex in it, flaxseed oil and EPO - 1000mg three times per day each. For topicals, see "Transdermal Considerations" in this thread on the BEBOARD:
http://beboard.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Routines&action=display&thread=3029

Spacing the pills out evenly during the day as you have done is the best way to do it.

As to what to ramp up the herb dosages to, as a 34A it would be good to keep the herbal dosages at or below 2000mg.

Chicken foot soup and 3000mg per day (spread out) would be good for MSM.

Wahaika

I am confused. 500mg per herb per day until you reach at or below 2000mg per herb that you are taking per day? She's already at 1500mg a day for Saw Palmetto. So if she increases by 500mg, she's at the max? Not questioning your wisdom, just trying to make sure I understand before I start ramping.

Correct. When she its 2000mg she will be at her max. If she has felt "growing pains" before she gets to 2000mg per day then she stops ramping, maybe adjusts a little bit.

If she gets to 2000mg (generally, does not have to be exact) then she has a choice to make whether to keep going (3000mg is the next step/usually last step up) or to adjust the dosages of individual herbs.

Some women never get "growing pains" and grow just fine. The max dosage, based on one's size, is a good dosage to use without worrying about stalling, which one can test for anyway.

Give the dosages at least a month before changing them.

(07-04-2011, 05:05 PM)Wahaika Wrote:  Correct. When she its 2000mg she will be at her max. If she has felt "growing pains" before she gets to 2000mg per day then she stops ramping, maybe adjusts a little bit.

If she gets to 2000mg (generally, does not have to be exact) then she has a choice to make whether to keep going (3000mg is the next step/usually last step up) or to adjust the dosages of individual herbs.

Some women never get "growing pains" and grow just fine. The max dosage, based on one's size, is a good dosage to use without worrying about stalling, which one can test for anyway.

Give the dosages at least a month before changing them.

Thanks for the info, that was very informative. Now I can ramp with little worries about doing it wrong. Since this is officially week 1 with all the herbs, I won't be doing any ramping soon. Just wanted to make sure I understood fully about ramping before I tried to accomplish it myself.

Hi Wahaika,

Thanks for your advice! I have been feeling pains that I used to only feel before my period. However, I've already completed my cycle. The pains and swelling persisted.

I really don't know if it's from possibly over massaging, or if I'm finally getting somewhere! But, my breasts and nipples have been very tender and continuously swelling.

I have been paying attention to the dosages. I read your very informative posts from the BE board. The diagrams indicating growth and dosages per breast size really guided my program. So far, I felt pains on the following daily dosages:

3 x saw palmetto
3 x fenugreek
2 x wild yam

I haven't ramped since last week, but I'll probably go ahead and add the last wild yam dosage in another week depending on how my body responds to the dosages at the moment. We will see!

Thanks for your advice, again!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon