Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

OK... I'M BACK (AFTER GAINING 15 lbs!!!!)

So, for those who don't know/remember:

I was always naturally underweight (5'8" and 115 lbs) for the longest time. I told myself I wasn't seeing much results because I was too skinny! So, I'm back, and I'm almost 130 lbs now, and I FEEL AWESOME! Haha. I work out to build muscle every day, and my current cup size is 34C (although they look more like Bs). I wear a 36B bra, actually, but my ribcage is not really that big, so I figured 36B is equal to 34C, although that's just in mathematical terms. Seriously, they look like Bs... my goal used to be to wear a 36C/D bra, but I don't have nor do I want that wide of a ribcage...

My updated goal is to have true/full 34C/Ds, and I haven't tried herbs or Progesterone in a couple years. I think I may start using them again, now that I have a basis to work with.

Yay!

bump... Big Grin

Congrats! You'll be starting from a much better place now. Good luck! Smile

And oh, I'm totally jealous of where you live!!!

(20-04-2011, 02:33 AM)twister_mama Wrote:  Congrats! You'll be starting from a much better place now. Good luck! Smile

And oh, I'm totally jealous of where you live!!!

Yes! And thank you Big Grin

First I must say kudos to you Smile

Secondly, how did you go about gaining weight? Was it just weight training and muscle targeting excercises? I'm also quite skinny, I'm not underweight but I'm literally just on the healthy BMI line =/

(20-04-2011, 07:45 AM)Taelia Wrote:  First I must say kudos to you Smile

Secondly, how did you go about gaining weight? Was it just weight training and muscle targeting excercises? I'm also quite skinny, I'm not underweight but I'm literally just on the healthy BMI line =/

Thank you so much, Taelia! I know how feel - that's how I was a few months ago! My weight gain was mostly from eating, since I have only just started working out since a couple weeks ago.

You should first start counting your calories. I joined the website fitday (it's free) to give me an idea of how much calories I was eating per day. You basically list whatever you've eaten that day, and it tells you how many calories it was. The website is actually designed to help people lose weight, but that doesn't matter; just use it for whatever you want/need. (It won't let you set a "wait gain" goal, unfortunately)

I have always had a fast metabolism, and it seems to me that I burn up to 2,200 calories a day without doing much of anything. In order to gain weight, we have to eat more calories than we burn. So I try to eat about 2500-2700 calories a day. I write a list now of what I eat each day, and I add up the calories as I go. If the number is too low at the end of the day, I eat another meal or two to get to where I need to be. I don't use the website anymore now that I have a pretty good idea of how my body works and what foods are good for weight gain. Smile

Oh yeah, that's the other part: Eating a lot of food was really hard at first, so I tried searching for foods that are high in calories but don't fill me up too much. My favorites are:
chocolate milk (there are 300 calories in the bottle I purchase at Subway and I can drink it quickly and then eat more food since it tastes so good)
Jama Juice Peanut Butter Moo'd (the small size is already around 500 calories)
scrambled eggs
chef boyardee
FRESH authentic pasta (Try it; you'll never go back to typical dried pasta again; this stuff is very soft and goes down really easily and quickly when you want to eat something calorie-dense. And it is great if you add in some grape tomatoes, or chicken, that have been sauteed in olive oil Smile

and stuff like that, but I wouldn't reccommend a diet of only chef boyardee and other processed foods every day since there is usually a lot of sodium, not to mention preservatives and stuff. I try to balance it out so I'm not eating all junk/processed foods. And as tempting as it sounds when trying to gain weight, I NEVER eat fast food such as McDonald's. And I've never really liked it anyway so I guess that isn't too big of a deal for me...

The third thing I do is lift weights, especially to gain upper body muscle. I like to work out my arms and my back, but I don't work out my chest because I fear the fat could leave from my boobs. I realize you can't spot-reduce, but whatever! I don't care! I'm not working my chest! I want my boobs to stay there because I worked hard to grow them like this! Tongue

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, let me know. Smile

Thanks, so basically if I eat HEALTHY calorie-dense foods then I can gain some weight. I've calculated that I need to eat between 1600-1889. Smile

Again, thank you ♥

(21-04-2011, 08:38 AM)Taelia Wrote:  Thanks, so basically if I eat HEALTHY calorie-dense foods then I can gain some weight. I've calculated that I need to eat between 1600-1889. Smile

Again, thank you ♥

You're welcome!!! Smile Good luck!

Good luck, girl.

I'm 5''8 also, and weigh 130 lbs. I'd love to weigh 115 again, but I'm scared to lose weight cause I'd hate for my boobs to shrink Sad
Wouldn't it be nice if we could choose where we gained and lost weight at? I think I'll check out the website you mentioned, though.

(02-05-2011, 03:05 AM)stellsbells Wrote:  Good luck, girl.

I'm 5''8 also, and weigh 130 lbs. I'd love to weigh 115 again, but I'm scared to lose weight cause I'd hate for my boobs to shrink Sad
Wouldn't it be nice if we could choose where we gained and lost weight at? I think I'll check out the website you mentioned, though.

115 again? Really? Now that I'm up to 130 I hope I never go back! I am still skinny and actually wouldn't mind gaining more weight. But to each their own.

People say that we can't spot reduce, but I think it all depends on the mindset. If you don't believe you can achieve something, then that's already a barrier that must be overcome. I once went from a pear shape to an inverted triangle and then back - so yes, it is possible to go from one extreme to the other, although I prefer being somewhere in the middle.

Good luck to you as well, and I hope the website helps! I know we can do it. I know you can do it. With God all things are possible, just like your signature says! (But you have to trust in God first... and then He will take care of the rest!)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon