Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Breast Tatoos

That´s really nice, Wahaika.

Wahaika, I don't get your point. Isn't NBE a kind of bodymodification too ? Then why do you support it ?

And I think that piercings are just another form of jewellery.

About tattoos, actually, I kind of agree with your "canvas" idea, because I don't understand why people would want drawings on theirself so I don't really identify to the movement. I'dlike to have geometric shapes on certain spots of my body to change it perception.

I used to be bulimic and suffered of several weight gain and loss, I hate less and less my body but I still feel like it's been destroyed and distorted, so I'd like to have something to make it brand new, and different.

Onicemile,

Body modification is a bit too general a term. Technically, anything could fall into that category. It's kinda like putting medicine and illegal drugs all in the same category.

Piercing your ears is a body modification, but it is one thing for women and girls to pierce their ears and quite another for guys to do it. A needle size hole so an elegant ear ring slides through is one thing, but a hole the size of a railroad spike is another, unless one is going to use their ears to hang up their clothes. Both are body modifications.

How about tanning? There are those who sit under the sun with tanning lotion to get some tan color into their skin which goes away in time. There are others who sit in tanning booths until they look like overdone turkeys and get skin cancer in a few years. But both are body modifications.

How about when men lift weights? Or women for that matter? Men want hard bodies with broad shoulders, narrow hips, washboard abs, bulging muscles everywhere. Now imagine that on a woman. But it is body modification. Now imagine a woman who takes her weight to exactly where she wants it and gets some muscle tone, but just enough to change the shape of her body to exactly where she wants it. Or others who build specific muscles to give a more hour glass look and then stop the heavy training and let fat accumulate on the muscle they just built, resulting in a specific 3D change that they designed which worked perfectly!

How about weight loss? You are familiar with this one. There are those who lose enough weight to lower diabetes, heart attack and stroke risk. Some just want that spare tire gone. Then there are others who lose so much weight that they are looking at disease and death from starvation because they took it too far. Beautiful and shapely women get caught in this trap and then end up like they spent two years in a concentration camp. But weight loss is a body modification.

Take your power drill into your favorite furniture store and find a kitchen table. Then start drilling holes into the middle of it anywhere you see what looks like an imperfection. Draw shapes with a permanent marker to "hide" an imperfection in the finish. This all will definitely change perception. Sounds silly doesn't it? Why not just fix the finish?

I could go on, but you get the point. The differences in all of this is what is a) healthy, and b) not excessive to the point of permanently damaging the body. There is beauty and there is burning. Tatoos and piercings are burnings. What I said about tatooing and why be someone else's canvas is the same with piercers, it is just a different "art" (to me it is not art, but I'll call it that for the sake of discussion). There are many who want to harpoon anything that moves to transform it into something that is, in my opinion, freakish and filthy. After that, they are on to the next victim. Just imagine a few years from now when your tastes and preferences change. But those "small" tatoos and piercings are your companions for life. All you can hope for is to hide them.

I saw a woman today at a local store checking out items and taking payment. But what stuck out like a sore thumb was a tatoo on her left breast. I don't know what gets into women who do this. It completely spoils what would have been a beautiful Décolletage.

Tell you what, instead of tatoos and piercings to hide, cover, change perceptions, (but in reality make them even bigger and draw attention to them in a negative sense), list what you want to accomplish and let's see if there is a natural way to address the issues before taking an action that you will live to regret later in life. I will help in any way that I can.

Wahaika

Wahaika,

I come from a family of siblings and parents who vary dramatically in beliefs and looks. My mother is easy going and open, while my father tends to be more conservative. My sister is a designer-wearing girly girl, while my brother has experimented with a variety of body modifications. I sit somewhere in between. I spend time on my makeup and my style of dress is low key; jeans and cardigans. However, I have tattoos, had many piercings when I was younger, and have stretched my ears to a variety of sizes. This doesn't make me ugly or dirty or less of a person.

To compare something as dramatic as bulimia to a tattoo or piercing is beyond me. You act as though you get to decide what kind of body modification is tasteful. You are a supporter of NBE, obviously viewing it as a socially acceptable form of body modification, but men getting their ears pierced or women working out until they look like men is something you are less comfortable with. In a world of so much diversity is baffles me to meet people who are so quick to assume they get to set the standard of beauty. What may be extreme to you is probably very normal to someone else. I am sad because I don't feel that you have the ability to view everyone, no matter how they look, as equal. I think your idea of beauty is set in stone and those who don't look similar to you (i.e. those with tattoos, etc.) have little hope of being seen as beautiful by you and others like you.

What makes a beautiful person has nothing to do with the exterior. You don't have to want a tattoo, or even like the way they look, but I ask you to step back and look at these people without all of your preconceived notions. Please don't forget that NBE is just another form of body modification, it's changing what you were born with, absolutely no different than a tattoo. You view bigger breasts as beautiful while others view a piece of artwork on their skin as beautiful, there is no real difference. The problem lies in the set of standards that you apply to body modifications that help you decide what is too extreme. Please open your mind a little.

I hope you don't view this as rude as I am only trying to offer a different point of view.

Hello MidwestGirl,

Firstly, thank you for having the guts to speak your mind. I respect that more than anything, including when people disagree with me.

I don't view your post as rude, although if you want to read your post again, you may find that you did the exact same thing that you accused me of doing - - so I guess we are in good company. I won't bother with examples because there are so many that they are easy to spot.

As you already know, I disagree with some of your post and agree with other parts. But first, I couldn't help notice that you say in your profile that you are from Kansas. Right smack in the middle of the Bible belt. For someone from Kansas to post a message so full of relativism, I have to ask (and this is not a cheap shot, I really mean this):

Do you believe in right and wrong? Most people would say yes, so I'll assume for the sake of argument that you are going to answer yes to that one. Here are my questions:

1. What standard do you use as a basis of defining right and wrong for you?

2. Can something morally wrong for one person be morally right for another person? Please give examples.

3. Please enter the phrase Tatooed Women into Google and once the web results load, press the Images link to show the images page, count all the images, and then tell me which ones (using links) that you think make the women more beautiful than they were before the tatoo? (I don't mean "not ugly", or acceptable, or anything in the middle - I mean beautiful - more beautiful due to the tatoo.)

I have a lot more to say on this but I need to establish some kind of common ground or the discussion will be a waste of time for both of us.

Respectfully,

Wahaika

Hi all,

Recently the want for a tattoo has risen in me again and it gave me some time to take stock as to why. The idea of wanting to know what I feels like is still there but I think I want it because it solidifies and makes permanent a moment/idea/feeling that I want to grab hold of. This is my life and the choices are with me for good and I suppose it’s a manifestation of my conviction in those choices.

I am finally very happy in life. I noted that I bought a noogleberry and am back to continue my nbe having stopped because life had got in the way. well life wasn't in the way it just got good to be honest. I was loving myself, I had met some new, wonderful people and I was having a bloody good time. It was in this period I decided I wanted one again. I hadn’t really stopped wanting it I just didn’t think about it.

I have drawn what I want myself so its my design and I would have anything less, it is however a little big I think I want something smaller so I will need to remove some detail. But in a way what it is doesn’t really matter its about being marked and just doing it.

What I want is an arts and crafts bird about to land on a branch. Its heavily stylised and patterned. And I want it on my ribs to go under my bra band and be no wider than it so to see it I would have to take my bra off. This is because I don’t want the world to know have it, its for me and me alone. Is about 10-11cm tall and 8-9cm wide (so a little too big at the mo). And I would like some colour but not bright like I would like some shading and some browns.

If I were to do the image search Wahaika, I think the conclusion would be that the woman was beautiful before the tattoo. The tattoo has not done anything to help. But its not really about that for me.

I think its wholly subjective so this debate will never conclude. We can share ideas, and some of what has been said has again made me think but ultimately no one is going to win here. Some people are going to love and some are going to hate. There are tattoos which I think are just a waste I do question why someone would want that on their body and occasionally you see something daft in a really visible place, you ask someone what its about and the response is “uuuhhh I dunno I jus felt like it ya know?” And then I’m all in the camp of you’re an idiot (this has actually happened, in a bar someone had a sheep doing a poo on their wrist and it was in a cartoon fashion, On the flip side same bar, different time, a girl had the most exquisite flower/vine up her arm and I talked to her about it and the response was she just thought it was beautiful). that’s not to say you need to justify it with an ground braking reason just have some passion for what you have done its an art. I think if you know why your doing it, it's ok.

I also suppose my argument is floored because I approved of the thing that was beautiful and not the cartoon. Its partly to do with if that guy put on a shirt and tried to look the business he cant because he cant hide it no matter what he does. The girls was something that could be hidden if needed secondly one looked more serious and so I accept it more. This raises questions about if you get it you should show it why would you want to hide it etc. I believe there is a time and a place for everything including tattoos and sometimes its not appropriate, they usually tally with events at which you would show a lot of skin or not.

but the debate continues - roll on.

You know, I´m not really sure what this debate is all about.

I thought it was esthetics, and as everyone has their own taste I didn´t think it was such a big deal. I mean, everyone should do as they please with their looks - if you like tattoos, then have tattoos! If you don´t, then don´t have them!! Or piercings or blue hair or body hair - or not. Whatever.

But I feel there is some moral edge slipping into this debate that doesn´t have anything to do with esthetics. There can´t be anything "wrong" with any type of esthetical preference, so I really don´t understand where this is coming from.
It´s flattering when a man states that women are beautiful without any type of intervention, but that doesn´t mean that it´s "good" not to have tattoos.
Esthetics and ethics aren´t the same thing, everyone!
Let´s not make each other feel obliged to defend their preferences, please.

Ok folks, I went back and reread my posts. I see one statement that may have started all of this: (If wrong, please let me know what statement was offensive or too moral or whatever.)

"There are many who want to harpoon anything that moves to transform it into something that is, in my opinion, freakish and filthy."

Is this the objection? The use of the word filthy? Would everyone feel better if I changed "freakish and filthy" to "looks freakish and filthy?" What's the difference?

I'm going to have to stand my ground. Some types of looks definitely reflect moral values. Millions of people were taught this by their parents. At best, there can only be a rejection of that truth.

Example: Hookers dress a certain way. If you take a perfectly virtuous woman and dress her like up to look like a hooker then she will look like a hooker. Her looks reflect a hooker - a low moral standard.

Conversely, take a hooker and dress her up like a perfectly virtuous woman and she will resemble a perfectly virtuous woman - no longer resembles a hooker. Her looks now do not reflect a low moral standard.

When raising children, some parents (including myself here) teach them to dress a certain way to reflect cleanliness and a high moral standard. Cleanliness is associated with morality. (Not talking about poor here, talking about style.) Sons wear pants correctly rather than having their pants hanging down below their butt cheeks. Daughters wear makeup a certain way appropriate to age, dresses not riding up and necklines not drooping low. You all know what I mean.

Can I state this blatantly without offending anyone? I don't decree the standard of beauty. I don't decree the standard of looking hideous. But I recognize them when I see them. Everyone should already know what each looks like and moral implications of ones appearance.

I am not saying that a woman who has 90 tatoos covering her body, has multiple body, face, tongue, nipple, and naval piercings with heavy dark gaudy heavy makeup, ears stretched beyond recognition, a skirt that has a hem even with the crotch, wearing a thong, and a wide neckline down to her naval is actually and in reality a slut. But does this appearance not reflect that?

Just being honest and using an extreme to make a point, not trying to offend.

Wahaika

Just a thought... remember that old song " Anything goes"? Although I don't disagree with a lot ( but not all) of what Wahaika says, much of it has much more to do with fashion than morality. This time last century, "a glimpse of stocking was something shocking"... I remember my excitement when I realised my first girlfriend was wearing a - gasp, shock, horror - BLACK bra!!! ( that was in about 1965). Back in the 40's and 50's wearing an ankle bracelet signified a girl 'on the game', now its a piece of jewellery and nothing more.

There are countless more examples. FWIW, I hate tattoos on women ( and men actually, but thats another subject) but I don't think that has anything to do with morals, I just don't like it.

I would comment, but Wahaika is only interested in responses from the GGs.

I have commented on this forum on body art a long time ago in a old thread. I may take the time to find it and update it if needs be.

Later

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon