Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Questions about EveM's Progragm

Smile 

I've been reading over a few forums regarding EveM's program, but I still have a few questions unanswered. It would be great to get some help/advice!

I know that EveM took these all in powdered form, but the fact that I'm going abroad to Europe for study for a month and for convenience's sake makes me want to take these herbs in capsule form.

Eve says to take Barley 800mg, Bere 400mg, Fennel 400mg, Fenugreek 1800mg, Hops 1800mg, Linseed 1000mg, Oats 800mg, Soya 1000mg and at night, one cup of tea, rotating each night between barley tea, fennel tea and hops tea, ending the day with a massage with oil.

My questions are:

1. I was wondering if ALL of these herbs required come in capsule form and if they do not, which ones would I have to get in powdered form, and would this program still be effective if I skipped out on an ingredient or two? Additionally, some capsules don't come in rough divisions of three, would it be better to purchase capsules with more mg or less mg? I don't want to over or under-do it.

2. Each night you rotate between teas, but would rotating between taking capsules of the same herbs in the tea work as well? If so, what would you recommend for the dosage? If it must be tea, where would I go about purchasing these teas?

3. I will not be massaging/making massage oil because I will be staying in various hostels the following month, allowing no privacy. If I can get in a massage that would be great, but is it absolutely necessary? And why must you use massage oil (just in any case), how is it more effective to a massage?

4. Does it matter what brand of capsule and/or tea, and what would you suggest?

I know these are a lot of questions, but it I would really appreciate any help at all :-) I am a 32AA and I would really like to fill a 32B by the time summer is over and I head back to university again!

(23-05-2011, 08:56 PM)WashableRed Wrote:  1. I was wondering if ALL of these herbs required come in capsule form and if they do not, which ones would I have to get in powdered form, and would this program still be effective if I skipped out on an ingredient or two? Additionally, some capsules don't come in rough divisions of three, would it be better to purchase capsules with more mg or less mg? I don't want to over or under-do it.

I'm not sure if bere comes in capsule form but I don't think it would be a big problem if you skipped that one. You can probably juggle the quantities a little and take more of one ingredient and less of another.

(23-05-2011, 08:56 PM)WashableRed Wrote:  2. Each night you rotate between teas, but would rotating between taking capsules of the same herbs in the tea work as well? If so, what would you recommend for the dosage? If it must be tea, where would I go about purchasing these teas?

Yes it would work as well. I thought the dosage was in my program page, but I'll check that.

(23-05-2011, 08:56 PM)WashableRed Wrote:  3. I will not be massaging/making massage oil because I will be staying in various hostels the following month, allowing no privacy. If I can get in a massage that would be great, but is it absolutely necessary? And why must you use massage oil (just in any case), how is it more effective to a massage?

This is a much debated subject. I think the only answer is that massage helps in many cases but it probably helps some women more than others. Massage lotion should contribute to the effect of the herbs because it should penetrate the skin to some extent and therefore provide the body with additional nutrients.

(23-05-2011, 08:56 PM)WashableRed Wrote:  4. Does it matter what brand of capsule and/or tea, and what would you suggest?

Some brands are better quality than others, as with most things. A well known brand is probably better.

Although I am not Eve, and she has clearly answered you herself, I just wanted to let you know that I left the Bere, the Linseed, and the Oats out of the program. I had great success the first month with those being omitted. I also added Saw Palmetto, as I am Progesterone dominant. I'm glad I chose her program to follow. Smile

Thank you both for all the help! I greatly appreciate it! Smile
I have just purchased an order for these herbs and am eagerly awaiting their arrival. I have great faith in this program and hope to see good results!

I have a question too.
was that oats top or oatstraw shes talkng about?

thanks

i posted EveM's program in detail a while ago. i went through it all and added some notes. i just bumped it up so you can all see it. although I may not mention it in the thread, In the long run, it is cheaper to buy an encapsulator and capsules and just make your own capsules as you will pay more for the pre-encapsulated ones. the website I mention In the thread that I bumped up sells both at a very good rate compared to the prices you'd pay at a health store. Of course if you were to buy all this at once it would seem expensive but the encapsulator is a one time buy, and if you follow the thread, so would most of the herbs. the only thing you'd have to do the math on yourself is the ratio of capsules per bag versus how many capsules if each herb you'd be taking per month.

also you may want a food scale to weigh the amounts.

i hope that this helps. again, visit the thread I bumped up called EveM's Program

(25-05-2011, 02:53 AM)serena Wrote:  I have a question too.

thanks

Not Oatstraw. I bought the wrong thing, and got something you could feed to a horse! LoL

(25-05-2011, 01:21 PM)MoK217 Wrote:  
(25-05-2011, 02:53 AM)serena Wrote:  I have a question too.

thanks

Not Oatstraw. I bought the wrong thing, and got something you could feed to a horse! LoL

Haha thanks

Yes if you had a horse it would love oatstraw! And to serena, can I ask what is "oats top" exactly?

(26-05-2011, 10:28 AM)Molly H Wrote:  Yes if you had a horse it would love oatstraw! And to serena, can I ask what is "oats top" exactly?

Em... Actually I don't know. But I emailed MountainRoseHerb,
Heres their reply

"Oat seed, straw and tops are all referring to the same plant. The oat tops are corresponding to the seed while the straw is the long grass like part of the plant."

Hope this help

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon