Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

If you didnt breastfeed would your breast stay big

Hi all,

Wondering if when I was preg. for only a month my breast got really swollen and big (assuming it was breat milk) since I didnt breastfeed is that why they stayed big ( did the milk not dry up) I know some women are given some kind of pill to dry up the milk.. Just curious..

Thank you

(05-06-2011, 03:59 AM)beachbumbythesea Wrote:  Hi all,

Wondering if when I was preg. for only a month my breast got really swollen and big (assuming it was breat milk) since I didnt breastfeed is that why they stayed big ( did the milk not dry up) I know some women are given some kind of pill to dry up the milk.. Just curious..

Thank you

Breastmilk actually doesn't come in until about 2 days after the baby is born. Colostrum is what your breasts hold for the first feedings of your baby.

Also, that pill to dry milk hasn't been given for a decade or more, as they have linked it to breast cancer. Now if you choose not to breastfeed, you have to wait for the milk to go away on it's own.

My theory would be that your breasts swelled in anticipation of a baby, waking up your receptors, but since the pregnancy didn't continue, the breasts got confused. You actually don't even start producing Colostrum until about 6 months into preg I believe. Of course this is all going off of memory. Googling it would probably give you better dates of when the breasts actually start producing something you could feed the baby. Sorry that you pregnancy didn't last. Sad

(06-06-2011, 02:14 PM)MoK217 Wrote:  
(05-06-2011, 03:59 AM)beachbumbythesea Wrote:  Hi all,

Thank you

Breastmilk actually doesn't come in until about 2 days after the baby is born. Colostrum is what your breasts hold for the first feedings of your baby.

Also, that pill to dry milk hasn't been given for a decade or more, as they have linked it to breast cancer. Now if you choose not to breastfeed, you have to wait for the milk to go away on it's own.

My theory would be that your breasts swelled in anticipation of a baby, waking up your receptors, but since the pregnancy didn't continue, the breasts got confused. You actually don't even start producing Colostrum until about 6 months into preg I believe. Of course this is all going off of memory. Googling it would probably give you better dates of when the breasts actually start producing something you could feed the baby. Sorry that you pregnancy didn't last. Sad

Wow.. that was explain really well.. I had no clue they dont give that pill anymore and the fact the breastmilk does come til way later.. wow never was into all that info of how a womens body works.. and no not really a tomboy, I guess it was all confusing to me so I just was never interested, if I am interested I well read and read about it..

Thank you very much

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon