Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

help with program

help with programme
August 16 2009 at 6:02 PM Portugese_Girl (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been taking 400mg saw palmetto, 400mg wild yam and 1000mg fenugreek, three times a day. I also massage twice a day.
It has been about five weeks and I haven't felt any pains or seen any improvement.
Does this seem like a good programme?

I did this programme a couple of years ago and got some pains and firming up of my breasts but then I had to stop. I don't understand why I can't get it to work this time - last time I was taking 600mg equally of each, but I don't think this would make any difference.

Has anyone taken over five weeks to get any results? Also does this seem like a sensible programme? I'm really concerned that nothing at all has happened so far. I really want to find something that works - even a minor improvement (firming up etc.)

If anyone has any advice it would be very gratefully received.

Author Reply
Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: help with programme August 17 2009, 6:21 AM

It would be good if you could provide some stats, such as age, height, weight, band, cup, number of children if any, etc.

What was the date that you started your program on before?

Generally, 600mg X 3 = 1800mg per day.

1000mg X 3 = 3000mg per day. At this level you were possibly stalled, depending on your characteristics that the stats would tell us.

Wahaika

Portugese_girl
(no login) Re: help with programme August 17 2009, 5:55 PM

Thanks for responding.
I am 31 and have no children. I'm 5ft 7 inches and weigh nine stone which I think is right in the middle of my bmi, or towards the lighter end. I am a 32a.
The time before I started in November 2007.
I was wondering if I might be taking too much.

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: help with programme August 17 2009, 9:03 PM

Yep, I would definitely say that you were taking too much.

I recommend that you lower the fenugreek to no more than 2000mg per day, massage fenugreek with olive oil (let it sit for a week or two first) directly into the skin followed by 30 minutes of heat from a heated pad set to low, and starting a program in March rather than November. The reasons for that are here:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/371678/th...rograms%21

Hope this helps!

Wahaika

Portugese_girl
(no login) Re: help with programme August 18 2009, 10:57 AM

Thanks, Wahaika,

I will try taking 1200 of each a day (fenugreek, wild yam, saw palmetto).
I'm using Greenbush herbs. I will try and get a heat pad as well.
Thanks for the help.

Portugese_girl
(no login) How long before you should give up on a programme? August 31 2009, 7:47 PM

I have been taking 1200 mg of fenugreek, saw palmetto and wild yam for almost two months with no effect at all - they are the Greenbush herbs. I also massage twice a day.

How long should I stay on the programme before changing?
Does anyone know how long it is sensible to try something before giving up?
Just getting impatient!

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: help with programme September 2 2009, 1:36 AM

Portugese_girl,

You are very discliplined to not give up or to just make a change because you are getting impatient. That is very good!

Were you also doing massage with a heated pad? Did you do it as described above or different?

Do you live above the equator or below?

If you are above the equator, I think a stall test would be good to do. The best way to do it is to continue what you are doing and wait until day 25 of your cycle then stop the entire program all at once. Count the days until you feel growing pains. The more days that pass, the more you were stalled. The test is meant to only go a week. If you are past day 25, the best time is a range of day 25 to day 5. A stall test can be done anytime. Those are just the days that I think are the most efficient.

>>"How long should I stay on the programme before changing?"

It depends, usually a month or two is good enough to tell, especially if you are getting zero results, so you are right on time.

>>"Does anyone know how long it is sensible to try something before giving up?"

Some women go for years until they find what works for them.

Wahaika
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon