Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

PABA

PABA
August 13 2009 at 1:17 PM
wannabecee (Login wannabecee)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone using it? I'm thinking of adding it on. It supposed to max the effects of herbs..

wannabecee

Author Reply
Butterfly
(no login) Re: PABA August 13 2009, 6:16 PM

what exactly is it?

MrsJimHalpert
(Login MrsJimHalpert) Re: PABA August 13 2009, 6:34 PM

I've been taking it for a couple months now. i dont know if it maximizes the effects of herbs... i haven't experienced that. i might be using too small a dose tho- 500mg. am i supposed to take more than that?

wannabecee
(Login wannabecee)
SENIOR MEMBER what paba does.. August 14 2009, 1:26 PM

I got this off the flat2fab website:

"PABA is a B vitamin nutrient found in foods such as spinach, mushrooms, whole grains, and molasses. It helps your body form red blood cells and ensures healthy skin and hair.

Taken internally, PABA acts as a hormone potentiator, meaning it slows the breakdown of hormones in your body, leading to an overall increase in hormone levels.

Studies have shown that girls given PABA during puberty experience accelerated breast growth due to PABA’s hormone enhancing effect.

That’s great news for anybody hoping to stimulate breast growth through natural breast enlargement. Not only does PABA help you make the most of your hormones, it can create curves faster than herbs alone.

PABA supplements are considered to be very safe and are readily available at your local health food store. A standard dosage is 500-1,000 mg per day, though you should be sure to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines carefully."

worth a try..

I'm not sure about the 500-1000mg dosage. my bottle says 1 100mg daily. you might want to check on that...

xx
wannabecee

Mel C
(Login mcovert) Re: PABA August 14 2009, 4:36 PM

I may check into that.Accelerates breast growth......I'm getting greedy.Haha! I'm serious.That is interesting,though.Will have to check it out.Thanks for info.Good luck!

~~What you think about,you bring about~~

Mel C

mommcafee
(Login mommcafee) Re: PABA August 14 2009, 5:19 PM

In the past, PABA has been widely used as a UV filter in sunscreen formulations. However, it has been determined that it increases the formation of a particular DNA defect in human cells, thus increasing the risk of skin cancer.[5] Currently, safer and more effective derivatives of PABA, such as octyl dimethyl PABA (padimate O), are more commonly used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4-Aminobenzoic_acid

This is why most sun blocks state PABA free.

We're being a little risky on this forum anyways, just wanted to share.

Luck 2 all Wink

wannabecee
(Login wannabecee)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: PABA August 14 2009, 9:47 PM

The dangers are linked to the fact that PABA in sunscreens absorbs harmful rays. I don't know if there are these dangers when PABA is taken internally. Nonetheless, one should observe dosages that the manufacturer puts on the package.

btw, I don't think most of us are being risky on this forum. If you look at a few programs posted you'll see that the dosages seem fine. I've been doing this for almost a year now and have never exceeded the manufacturer's suggested dosages of the herbal supplements. These herbs have a long history of use in different cultures for NBE. THere may not be expensive studies to prove they are safe or effective, but that does not mean they are dangerous. Many of us are satisfied that they do have a history of producing results..

Just my thoughts on this....

mommcafee
(Login mommcafee) Re: PABA August 15 2009, 3:13 AM

Awww, this whole thing can be looked at from many different angles, I'm not nockin anyone. Im here too......
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon