Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Umm .. I am female and need help with cycle chart

Hi all,

I never did the keep track thing, only in my head. As for ovulation really not sure when this happens, ok taking a guess the week before period or is it during. When some explains it can you put in what part of that cycle is called, how long it last etc.. I am also clueless with the estrogen, progestergon, FSH, LH (what does LH stand for). I hope I am not the only female that is clueless (well not totally..) this...Huh

It never interested me to keep a chart and know what each cycle did, with me it was well if I get preg.. it will happen (just an example back in the day). I had no need to keep a tracking chart.

Oh make it as simiple as possible explaining it..dont get all fancy..haha if you can explain the durn thing I know your smart...Tongue

Thank you ahead of time.

Ovulation is generally the 14th, 15th, and 16th days of your cycle. The day you start your period is day 1 of your cycle. Most have a 28 day cycle some have a longer cycle. If your cycle is longer, then your ovulation date will be later. Ovulation occurs halfway through your cycle. So if your cycle is 30 days, it will be day 15, and if it's 32 days, it would be day 16. In order to determine your cycle length, you need to count the days from day 1 of your cycle to day 1 of your next cycle. Then cut that number in half, and that will be the first day of ovulation, which usually lasts about 3 days.

I only know all of this because I was charting to get pregnant. LoL.

(16-06-2011, 02:05 PM)MoK217 Wrote:  Ovulation is generally the 14th, 15th, and 16th days of your cycle. The day you start your period is day 1 of your cycle. Most have a 28 day cycle some have a longer cycle. If your cycle is longer, then your ovulation date will be later. Ovulation occurs halfway through your cycle. So if your cycle is 30 days, it will be day 15, and if it's 32 days, it would be day 16. In order to determine your cycle length, you need to count the days from day 1 of your cycle to day 1 of your next cycle. Then cut that number in half, and that will be the first day of ovulation, which usually lasts about 3 days.

I only know all of this because I was charting to get pregnant. LoL.

Wow good job explaining that.. finally someone knows how simple my mind isBig GrinRolleyes Thank you very much!!!!

Check out www.tcoyf.com I read this book when I was planning to get pregnant and it explained how to understand your cycle and predict when you ovulate using the basal temperature, cervical position and cervical fluid. Your waking temperature is low when your estrogen levels are high during the first half of your cycle and once you ovulate the estrogen levels drop, the progesterone levels increase and your body basal temperature also increases. If the egg released during ovulation is not fertilised, the hormon levels drop and you get your period. Charting is great for NBE if you want to stop taking PM or herbs just before you ovulate and it can also help to see if you have a hormonal imbalance. Charting can be used as birth control since you are not fertile every day of the cycle. By the way, it is also possible to have unovulatory cycles especially if you have just come off a birth control pill.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon