Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What herb is the most potent source of phytoestrogens?

(21-07-2011, 04:18 AM)rosieli Wrote:  Good God! DodgyHuhAngry just like all the studies online, maybe they are but maybe they aren't. In the end no one has absolute evidence concluding actual facts, just anecdotal evidence to say they might be, but they might not be Blush

I totally agree, all I know is that I looked at the cancer rates in Thailand where PM comes from and then Japan where they eat a lot of phytoestrogens. Then Peru where they eat the Aguaje and their breast and general cancer rates are MUCH lower than ours. I believe any study saying phytoestrogens are dangerous are the medical industry's way of trying to get us to fear it to use their artificial hormones that have been proven to be dangerous, kind of ironic and hypocritical if you ask me. That's just my opinion. If PM was so dangerous then why are the breast cancer rates in Thailand so low?

(16-07-2011, 05:48 AM)WantMyBoobsBack Wrote:  
(15-07-2011, 12:08 PM)Molly H Wrote:  A Canadian study said that flax (and other oilseeds) contained the highest total phytoestrogen content.
Compared to what? I can't see flax seeds having strong estrogenic properties...Do you have a link to the study?

I don't have a link, but this is the study in question:
Thompson LU, Boucher BA, Liu Z, Cotterchio M, Kreiger N (2006). "Phytoestrogen content of foods consumed in Canada, including isoflavones, lignans, and coumestan". Nutrition and Cancer 54 (2): 184–201. doi:10.1207/s15327914nc5402_5. PMID 16898863.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon