Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

1000mg PM per day then what about cream or spray/

Thanks, for the info, lil_lisa.

Will consider that, when its time to make my next batch of boobie, batter

Hi lled,

It soaks through the thin skin under the tongue, directly into the blood vessels. Inside your cheek works as well.

And Susan and Chiquitabella,

Wodka or some equally strong liquor (35-45 vol%) is indeed what it takes. That is a standard recipe to make tincture from herbs. For seeds (FG or FN) or roots (maca), use 50 vol%.

(16-07-2011, 08:22 PM)Isabelle Wrote:  Hi lled,

It soaks through the thin skin under the tongue, directly into the blood vessels. Inside your cheek works as well.

Hi Isabelle,

Would it work as well, if I were to mix the herbs in yogurt, and gulp it down with water? Would the herbs go directly to the blood vessels, if taken orally, but mix with yogurt?

Thanks so much.

Hi Soonenough,

That's a good question. The quick answer would be no. Unpasteurised yoghurt speeds up the uptake of nutritients by the liver, rather than slow it down:
http://agris.fao.org/agris-search/search...2006001043

But the real answer depends on how PM works. PM needs processing by the liver to work well:
http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?pid=S0100-879X2009007500026&script=sci_arttext&tlng=pt
I guess that's the reason why vendors advise to take it with milk, hot milk, etc.
The same research group have also made a start in safety studies, for mutagenic risk (cancer):
http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?pid=S0100-879X2009000900008&script=sci_arttext&tlng=es

This article confirms that the extract is estrogenic, when taken orally:
http://www.academicjournals.org/jmpr/PDF...t%20al.pdf
The paper also describes the extraction procedure, with exact amounts of powder: 0.1 and 0.2 mg/ml for 10 hours in hot water. So the alcohol is not necessary for PM. They used soxhlet extractors: that's not easy to do in the kitchen, unless you have a coffee percolator. Leaving it in a closed bottle in a warm, dark place will take longer, like two weeks. Then filter through a coffee filter.

An injected extract is only weakly estrogenic:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...6X10000365
This means that leaving the extract under your tongue to soak into your blood stream will not be effective for PM.

So I changed my mind, and apolpogize for the above posts Shy

Your answer is yes: PM will work best with unpasteurised yoghurt, gulped down at least 20 minutes before, or 2 hours after a meal.

Hey Beachbum, yes we could get together and make an extract, then drink the leftover vodka! LOL Big Grin
I DO have the PM powder and don't know what to do with it. I wanted to use it only externally, so I'll try making an extract but I will do like you said and only make a little at a time. A big container of the powder was only $20 and a tiny bottle of extract is like $30 or so, so it should be cheaper in the long run.

Isabelle- thanks for the info. How do I know how much of the herb to put in the vodka? I googled around but only found vanilla extract recipes. Thanks for your help Smile

Yes, Chiquitabella,

LOL I can just see you and Susan moonshining PM Big Grin

If you use a small jam jar of 1 cup (= 1/2 U.S. liquid pint = 8 U.S. fluid ounces), that's 237 ml. The two extracts in the publication above were both effective. One was 0.1 g powder per ml, that is 0.1 g/ml * 237 ml = 23.7 g = 0.83 ounces (avoirdupois) of powder for one cup. The other extract was twice as strong, so 1.67 ounces for one cup. The powder will fill up one or two tenths of the jar.

Does this make sense? If not, just post what size of jar you have available, and what units your scale reads.

I usually make my extracts of other herbs a lot stronger. I fill the whole jar with powder, and pour the liquid to just above the powder. But I assume the people who wrote that article had a good reason to make it not too strong.

If you can't get your powders to mix in, try using cornflour as an emulsifier. Just keep adding it til they mix together completely x

(18-07-2011, 02:33 PM)chiquitabella Wrote:  Hey Beachbum, yes we could get together and make an extract, then drink the leftover vodka! LOL Big Grin
I DO have the PM powder and don't know what to do with it. I wanted to use it only externally, so I'll try making an extract but I will do like you said and only make a little at a time. A big container of the powder was only $20 and a tiny bottle of extract is like $30 or so, so it should be cheaper in the long run.

Isabelle- thanks for the info. How do I know how much of the herb to put in the vodka? I googled around but only found vanilla extract recipes. Thanks for your help Smile

LOL LOL LOL..hey Chiquitabella how you doin..your too funny sorry I missed this post I have been around this past week.."I was getting busy without the vodka ..haha..really no booze..just addicted to my man..mmm ..ok sorry all just missing him already..haha came home yesterday..I know how sad I am..Big Grin Let us know how it works out cause I may do it..I want to know if you feel anything after using it..like tingling and such..k

(18-07-2011, 04:42 PM)Isabelle Wrote:  Yes, Chiquitabella,

LOL I can just see you and Susan moonshining PM Big Grin

If you use a small jam jar of 1 cup (= 1/2 U.S. liquid pint = 8 U.S. fluid ounces), that's 237 ml. The two extracts in the publication above were both effective. One was 0.1 g powder per ml, that is 0.1 g/ml * 237 ml = 23.7 g = 0.83 ounces (avoirdupois) of powder for one cup. The other extract was twice as strong, so 1.67 ounces for one cup. The powder will fill up one or two tenths of the jar.

Does this make sense? If not, just post what size of jar you have available, and what units your scale reads.

I usually make my extracts of other herbs a lot stronger. I fill the whole jar with powder, and pour the liquid to just above the powder. But I assume the people who wrote that article had a good reason to make it not too strong.

Your are too much...lol lol lol..moonshine..hey now you thinking..haha..Big Grin

Maybe putting too much liquid will absorb alot of powder..just a thought..

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon