Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Balancing neurotransmitters...B6 is very important along with the B family

Neurotransmitter Functions and Supplementation

Neuro Transmitter: Functions In: Deficiencies Result In: Supplement Required:

Serotonin
Neurotransmitter Synthesized in CNS, chromaffin cells of the gut, enteric cells

Emotional Stability, mood, anxiety, arousal, aggression, and thinking ability Lack of rational emotion
Feelings of irritability
Sudden unexplained tears
Sleep problems

Vitamins B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and B6 (pyridoxine) as well as vitamin D, folic acid and selenium. Calcium, and Magnesium are also needed.

GABA NeurotransmitterSynthesized in CNS

Staying Calm Free
floating anxiety
Feelings that things are closing in around you
Unexplained panic

Vitamin B6
Glutamate

Enkephalins/
Neuropeptides
Psychological Pain Relief Feelings of incompleteness

Lack of fulfillment
Feelings of inferiority
Feelings of inadequacy
Never feels "equal"
Fearful, unsecure feelings

d-phenylalanine
Vitamin B6
Folic Acid

Dopamine
Neurotransmitter
Synthesized in CNS,

Pleasure, Reward, Good feelings toward others, maternal/paternal love Anhedonia - No pleasure
World looks colorless
Inability to "love"
No remorse about personal behavior

1-phenylalanine
Vitamin B6

Norepinephrine
Neurotransmitter
Synthesized in CNS,

sympathetic nerves Arousal, Energy, Drive Lack of ambition
Lack of all drive
Depression

1-phenylalanine
Vitamin B6

This is the link where I read this and they are advertising a product but it was interesting:
http://www.incrediblehorizons.com/Balanc...20page.htm
What I posted above shows it better in the link..scroll to the bottom half

I have to say - this was a very interesting read for me. Over the previous 5 months or so, I began noticing that I was becoming increasingly anxious and experiencing bouts of depression. I go through periods of that every few years or so, but this time it got to the point where it was affecting the (wonderfully amazing) relationship I'm currently in, and I knew I had to do something about it. At my anual exam in June my doctor prescribed a low dose birth control pill for me (Beyaz). The first month was a little bit of a nightmare in that I had cramping (worse than my normal period cramps) from day 1 and began spotting after I ovulated and that didn't stop until I was done with my pack and my period started and ended. I wanted to stop taking them but my doctor suggested I give it another month or two because it could just be my body adjusting. I loved the bigger breasts I had while taking them Tongue so I figured why not!

This cycle has been wonderful. My "issues" are basically gone and I haven't felt this balanced in a long time. (Also, no more cramping or spotting.) I was beginning to think that meant my problems must have been due to a hormonal imbalance, but after reading your post, I'm thinking it must be due to the folate in Beyaz! This BCP contains both folate and calcium.

"(Lack of) Emotional Stability, mood, anxiety, arousal, aggression, and thinking ability Lack of rational emotion, feelings of irritability, sudden unexplained tears, and sleep problems" - I was experiencing literally all of these things. Now they're basically gone. I'm now wondering if I would be able to stop taking the BCPs (since I don't need them for actual birth control) and just take folate and B6 instead!

I also noticed that, literally, just after one week of taking Beyaz I noticed that my nails were growing MUCH faster and were becoming stronger. Within the first cycle my hair (which was already waist-length) had a growth spurt, when it seemed like growth was really slowing down. Now after not even two full cycles, my nails are longer and stronger than ever. This past winter I experienced a period of pretty major weight loss (when I couldn't afford to lose much to begin with) and after that, my nails were always weak and breaking. Now they're prettier than they've ever been in my life. Before, my nails were breaking on a weekly basis. Now, I've only had one nail start to break in almost two full cycles. And even then, it hung on for two weeks! I finally had to take it off with nail clippers because it was getting caught on things, but was too strong to break anymore! That's amazing for me.

Thank you for posting this! You've given me a lot of insight on a problem I've suffered from, as has my mom, for years now (which I suspect is a lot of what stunted our breast growth), and that is something truly great! I will be sharing this post with her as well.

Hi Susan,

Thanks for posting this. For serotonin, you can take a 5-HTP supplement with the vitamin B6.
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=7997&pid=28924&highlight=5-htp#pid28924

And shortcake,

There are also dietary sources of folate: Wahaika sums them up as "Dark green, leafy vegetables" (follow the link to the NIH fact sheet):
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=8419&pid=29912&highlight=folate#pid29912

Hi Shortcake,

Your welcome...wow you got breast growth..nice.. The reason I posted this was reading one of Isabelle's post which I click on this word that that word and ended up reading about hypothyamas sp? How important it is in the NBE like Isabelle stated Wahaika has mentioned.. I didnt know it was connected to the b family so much.. and Isabelle knows I have been having trouble with taking b complex and multi's so I come to the conclusion that I probably need very low dose..I was getting the opposite affect with regular dose..I was experiencing the symptoms listed in the link while taking the supps.. so I plan on buying child dose and see what happens.. I wonder because I eat alot of eggs and I put raw ones in my shakes too that I am getting enough through them..but I dont think they have all the nutrients need too.. It is possible too that all your some of your changes are do to homornal imbalance too.. I was on paxil for a short time and hated it..now off and since taking PM and maca and my other supps I have had good changes all over too as you.

(28-07-2011, 11:20 PM)Isabelle Wrote:  Hi Susan,

Thanks for posting this. For serotonin, you can take a 5-HTP supplement with the vitamin B6.
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=7997&pid=28924&highlight=5-htp#pid28924

And shortcake,

There are also dietary sources of folate: Wahaika sums them up as "Dark green, leafy vegetables" (follow the link to the NIH fact sheet):
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=8419&pid=29912&highlight=folate#pid29912

Hey Isabelle,

Are you saying that taking 5-HTP and b6 is for neurotransmitters and I was wondering instead of child dose supps..what if I take a prenatal..its been on my mind alot..

Hi Susan,

5-HTP and vitamin B6 together are for serotonin, the first neurotransmitter in your list at the top of this thread. Serotonin makes the difference between good mood and depression.

I alternate between three multis. I could not find a single one that has everything for NBE. A prenatal has enough folic acid and zinc, but do check if it has enough B12.

(29-07-2011, 03:49 PM)Isabelle Wrote:  Hi Susan,

5-HTP and vitamin B6 together are for serotonin, the first neurotransmitter in your list at the top of this thread. Serotonin makes the difference between good mood and depression.

I alternate between three multis. I could not find a single one that has everything for NBE. A prenatal has enough folic acid and zinc, but do check if it has enough B12.

Hi Isabelle,

OK..I take 1000mg now of b12..I just might go with prenatal's

So 5-HTP is the similar idea of taking Paxil.

Yes. But 5-HTP is for self doctoring NBE in the winter months, and Paxil is for major depression.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon