Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Excess estrogen problems

Hi everyone-
I have been doing Wahaika's program with the greenbush extract kit (not the blend, the individual herbs) and I'm very happy with the results. However I've been having a few problems lately regarding lots of crying, foggy thinking, and weight gain that I just can't lose for the life of me, and I believe it is due to excess estrogen. I don't know for sure, this is just what my research is leading to.
Lots of people have been kind enough to answer my questions and help, but I just wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else has had this problem? I am taking a break this week to see if things change, and my face seems to be breaking out. Did anyone else go through this? And what was your solution? Thanks!
Big Grin

(04-08-2011, 06:35 PM)chiquitabella Wrote:  Hi everyone-
I have been doing Wahaika's program with the greenbush extract kit (not the blend, the individual herbs) and I'm very happy with the results. However I've been having a few problems lately regarding lots of crying, foggy thinking, and weight gain that I just can't lose for the life of me, and I believe it is due to excess estrogen. I don't know for sure, this is just what my research is leading to.
Isabelle and Wahaika have been kind enough to answer my questions and help, but I just wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else has had this problem? I am taking a break this week to see if things change, and my face seems to be breaking out. Did anyone else go through this? And what was your solution? Thanks!
Big Grin

Yeah, it sounds like you might have excess estrogen or estrogen dominance, the way you can fix this is by lowering your phytoestrogen dosage and if you are taking PM, you need to take breaks from it to avoid this. Many taking PM use it starting from day 1 of their period and then use it for 15-20 days, then use another weaker phytoestrogen for days 21-28 of their cycle then start up with PM again on the first day of their period. PM is not meant to be taken 30 days a month 12 months a year.

Thanks for you help, I'm not taking PM though. Or rather, I only just started using a PM cream, on my breasts only. That's been for a few days. I am doing the greenbush kit with Fenugreek, Wild Yam and Saw Palmetto. I suppose I should back off a bit. Thanks!

Sorry double post!

I had the exact same symptoms you did when I became estrogen dominant a few years ago while doing NBE. I basically overloaded my system with herbs that were too much for me, though I did experience growth, and it got to the point where I had to just stop completely. I tried reducing the amount of herbs I was taking but by then I think the only thing I could do to take care of it was to back off completely. I had the foggy thinking, crying (general lack of emotional stability), the worst headaches I've ever had in my life at various parts of my cycle, deep, painful hormonal breakouts on my chin, and a constant feeling of being completely tired. No matter how much sleep I got, I always had this overwhelming feeling of exhaustion and being sleepy. Also, toward the end of NBE I started experiencing the weight gain. It was not pleasant in the least.

I hope you're able to get your ED sorted out by lowering dosages! Best of luck to you!

Thanks Shortcake! I'm following your posts to see how you do!

Since I stopped the herbs, my face has broken out really bad. Acne all over. Is this normal for stopping the herbs? Or does it mean I wasn't estrogen dominant after all?

HELP PLEASE! My face is unacceptable! LOLAngry

Well,

I had one pimple two weeks into my break, in June. Whip out an anti-androgen from your emergency kit and it should be fixed in a week.

What do you still have in your stash?
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=8419&pid=33520#pid33520

I still have everything, fenugreek, wild yam, saw palmetto, epo, flaxseed, borage, msm... I have it all!

Hi Chiquitabella,

This is an off topic question..what is the reason you are selling your NB..if you dont mind me asking ..if you dont want to answer just let me know either way..k..

Thank you

Hi beachbum,
It was a few reasons. I had a fine time with the medium cups, but the large contoured hurt my ribs so much, I dreaded using them. Plus, with a four year old son who asks a lot of questions, and a two year old daughter, I ha a hard time fitting it in my life. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great product, but just not for me. Also, I am not looking for the "implant" look, which is what some people say the nb gives you. I don't know if that's true or not. Are you gonna get one?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon