Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Breastfeeding & Noogleberry

Ugh! I am being used as a pacifier by my two year old...yes, I said 2 year old. She's not really nursing, only for comfort for sleep at night time or nap time. I'm guessing no more than twice a day, sometimes only once. Why can't I noogle?? I am sooo reading to do this!! I've been waiting & totally getting her to stop her sleepy time routine but it has not been easy. I'm getting desperate to noogle Wink I've already saved my money to order & I'm a stay at home mom so everything is in order EXCEPT for the young one. Would I mess things up if I noogled anyway? I feel like I just can't wait any longer. My boobs are soooo ready after 2 years after breastfeeding. Please help!

My kids used me as a pacifier until they were about 3! It was the same as you describe - to get to sleep (I got them off their daytime nap pretty young so I could get them to sleep early and have some time for myself in the evenings). Of course, I think at around 2 years old they don´t actually get much milk out of it - they don´t spend that long nursing. So I don´t think there´s much danger of your breasts becoming engorged or whatever if you start noogling.
If I were you, I´d just give it a try. In the beginning you´ll have to take it easy anyway to avoid overpumping, and it is a slow process. I´d just noogle for a few minutes the first week, then slowly for 30 minutes per session (some nooglers don´t pump for any longer than that). This way, you can take a break if you find it´s somehow interfering with nursing or whatever.
Also, I´m thinking better not to pump close after nursing because it might make you leak milk (though the suction you get from the nb is competely different).
If you´re motivated there´s really no reason not to try!
hope that helps and good luck!
Wink 

You have NO idea how much better you made me feel! Thanks so much for replying Bibi....I was beginning to feel weird about myself & my question LOL. I appreciate the input & I'm gonna do it! I'll of course let the forum know how it turns out. I am so excited & nervous.Big Grin

I know the only reason people say not to pump or do NBE while nursing is because it could mess the milk up with topicals or things ingested. But with pumping, the reason is because it can cause it to pump the milk out or induce lactation. So if you are no longer lactating and are dried up, I don't see why you can't. But I agree with Bibi, becareful at first. Make sure you don't lactate or it starts inducing the milk more.

Started noogling on Tuesday the 30th of August. Seems to be going well as far as no engorgement or producing new milk. I think this NB thing is gonna be a go! ExcitedBlush

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon