Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My NB tube tore!

OH MY GOSH!!
I was wearing my NB when my daughter came and hit it with her board toy, I think she thought it was a balloon or something, because she just slammed it onto the NB. Now one of the tubing has a little split and I cannot get suction on there. I was devastated. I knew right away something was broken, because as soon as she hit me, the NB lost all suction. I originally thought the dome was cracked, but that was not the case, thank goodness. I didnt want to pump one dome at a time with the mediums, and I won't be able to get the Contoured Large for at least a month. Only one of the tubings was split so I had to put duct tape over it, I think its working okay. I honestly can't even see the tear, but when I held my finger on to the tube to prevent suction loss, it worked. I can "hear" the air coming out from there. I put duct tape over it, I pumped, its okay, but obviously not perfect. The tear is where the tube connects to the nipple part of the dome.
Does anyone know if Lucy will replace it for me? I placed my order on July 26.

If the tear is very close to the end of the tube I would just cut off the end of the tube (with the crack) and use it like that untill you get replacement.

This has happened to me many times and I always cut of the end so now the tubings don't have the same lenght but I had no problems with it and never got replacement!

Hi CousinRose,
THANK YOU!!!!!!!
I was noogling today with the duct tape still on, but air was escaping. I came here and saw what you posted. Yes, the split is near the end of the tube, so I cut it off and now its working good.
Thank you so much!
I will get a replacement when I order my Large Contoured domes.
Thank you again!

Ahhh man when I saw the title my heart went out to you girl..thank God CousinRose give you that great advice...great to know that..Big Grin My first thought was old reliable duct tape tooBig Grin ..it fixs everything just about... So glad your back to tita suckingBig GrinTongue

Thank you beachbumbythesea,
I swear, when the NB lost all suction, I wanted to cry because I thought she had cracked the domes! That's how much I love NB, LOL! I have only had my NB for a week, so I didn't want to have to pump one breast at a time, at least not with the mediums. I am going to order the Large Contoured domes soon, hopefully in September, and I wouldn't mind pumping one breast at a time with those because some say that they have gained cleavage in the middle because the domes are big and I read that its not comfortable having both on at the same time, we'll see!

Whew! No cracked domes!! EEEEE! That would suck!!

The domes are pretty tough, I've traveled with mine, dropped them, etc. And they haven't cracked. But yea my tubing ends up wearing from how long I've had NB and from all the usage I've put it through. When that happens I cut the tubing then just reuse it. But yea, I know if you need more tubing and you explain your situation to Lucy she would help. I know she's wonderful with helping like that. I was sent a dome once that came cracked, I told her and she sent a replacement right then and there.

Okay, I am actually relieved that its a "common" problem. I am also happy to know the domes are strong. They feel sturdy, but I haven't dropped or anything like that to test them.

I contacted Lucy about it, and Anastasia, I agree, she is WONDERFUL, she said she will give me a replacement with my next order. I might just tell her to forget about it, just because if this happens again, I can always cut the end of the tube off, but I guess a spare wouldn't hurt Tongue

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon