Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

A protein source called skyr

Hey girls,

I am waiting for my BO to arrive and making a diet for myself. I really can't imagen eating more protein shakes as they make me gag and I am not a fan of fish and meat. (Which explains my usually very high carb intake).

So I am going to eat a lot of skyr. It is an Icelandic dairy product high in protein but no fat and low sugar. While eating this it is very easy to reach the recommended protein intake without gagging Wink It is a little like yogurt, only thicker and more filling, and I know they sell it in the states. My favorite is to put it in the blender with fruits and milk .. yummy :p and I also put it with my cereal in the mornigs.

Here is a link to the product if anyone is interested in reading about it and FYI I am NOT selling it Wink I just wanted to share because for me it is very hard to find protein rich food that I actually can eat. There are many brands out there but be careful because some of them add sugar.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lowcar...-skyr.html

That's really interesting! I think I heard of it before because it sounds familiar. I like greek yogurt- I buy plain Fage Total 0 because it's pretty readily available (nice big tubs at Costco). I haven't seen Skyr in stores but I'm sure I'd find it in an organic grocery store, how is the price? I use greek yogurt with frozen fruit, in smoothies, and as a replacement for sour cream (just because I always forget to buy some and the different texture doesn't bother me lol). I wonder if greek and icelandic yogurt are similar in their texture and taste?

Also, you mentioned you didn't like protein shakes- I'm the same way. I remember reading a while back about an unflavored protein powder? I think it was Anastasia that mentioned it. I heard it doesn't change texture at all (you can even drink it in plain water, but I wouldn't...). I've been meaning to buy some, haven't tried it yet, but I was going to use it in drinks and cooking.

22 grams of protein in one serving. Wow! Thanks for the info, Cousin Rose. Will definitely look for this when I go grocery shopping.

Hey all,

If you live in the USA there is a company that sells it by the name of siggi..here is the link.. I can get it at my stop and shop here in NJ.

http://www.skyr.com/products_overview.html

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon