Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Spirulina for More Breast Growth?

I was reading over at the NB forums and a lot of them take Spirulina. They say it helps with growth, but I want to know what others think here on this forum? While I was researching I found that BB recommends taking Spirulina with their pills. I was thinking to buy spirulina to add to my BO program.
Is it a good idea??
I found this info over at the NB forum:

Spirulina is a microscopic blue-green vegetable algae that has been used as a significant food source for centuries with very significant health benefits.

This superfood has the most remarkable concentration of functional nutrients ever known in food - animal or plant.This blue-green algae contains over 100 different nutrients and is rich in protein and several vitamins

Spirulina delivers:
Antioxidant Vegetable Nutrition - Nature’s richest source of carotenoids
B-Complex Vitamins - Supplies Thiamin, Riboflavin and vitamin B-12
Iron - A daily dose provides more iron than two cups of spinach
Organic Protein - Richest source in the plant world - three times that of beef
GLA - Building block for nature’s anti-inflammatory As a result, Spirulina is important for anyone needing additional nourishment including dieters, athletes, convalescents and the elderly.

Spirulina works by infusing the body with concentrated minerals and proteins. Vitamins E, C and B-complex, as well as essential amino acids and enzymes are provided by Spirulina which is easily digested as a whole food. Spirulina is also extremely high in protein which helps to promote new cell growth including fatty breast tissue, and leads to an overall healthier body.

Digestable Protein Unlike other forms of protein, the protein in Spirulina is 85-95% digestible, one of the highest available. In fact, Spirulina is second only to a dried egg supplment with regards to usable protein, and higher than any of the common foods in the form in which they are usually purchased.

What do you all think??

Hi Melissa,

I just get the vitamin B complex out of a multivitamin, and the protein out of meat and eggs and cheese. But I'm not sure about the multivitamin. One day out of three, I take beer yeast and vitamin C instead.

Surfer Joe knows a lot about natural sources of vitamins, and exactly why each of them is better than a random multivitamin. Wahaika likes to see at least 50 micrograms of vitamin B12. I have looked into vitamin B6: 2 mg is enough, but up to 100 mg won't hurt:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=8419&pid=35070#pid35070

Is spirulina OK for ultra pure veganists?

I get info on nutritional amounts from www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

It seems to be mostly good for antioxidants, with one study using 8 grams for such. 20 grams rice bran is cheaper for antioxidants though. It would take 50 grams (50,000mg) spirulina to get much of any other nutrient, and then you're getting iron and riboflavin. It's on par with other health foods there, so taking spirulina pills for nutrition is about as effective as taking individual nuts. There's not much of any other nutrient claimed, making the article dubious. Vitamin D (2000 iu), omega 3s (1500+ mg total 18:3/ALA/EPA/DHA), sulfur (MSM) and copper (very easy to get enough) are very important for breast health and NBE: major cancer prevention, ligament support materials, etc. Though all nutrients are important to some extent. Try the above link and www.pubmed.gov to check any claims you read.

yh its meant to work best taken with split cell chlorella which is known to increase growth factors

Spirulina is extremely nutrient dense, and high in protein, it is called a "superfood" - everyone should take it. I always take it.

GorgeousBlonde,
What brand do you use and how many pills do you take a day?

I like the one by Earthrise, however I haven't tried any others.
http://www.iherb.com/Earthrise-Spirulina.../4819?at=0

Does spirulina increase breast size?

I don't think spirulina would do anything by itself. But I can see why some people would take it as part of an NBE program.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon