Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I have the worst diet.

I have a really bad diet. I’m a college student and I don’t make much time for healthy foods. I skip breakfast and I eat lunch at my college, but even that’s junk. It seems like the only nutrition I intake is dinner. I’m afraid I won’t do so well with Nbe unless I change my diet but I need help. I’m always in a hurry in the morning and my lunch break is 30 minutes in between classes I try to grab a snack. What should I do? I’ve always ate this way and I know it’s not healthy. I hate all sodas and I’m not a coffee drinker, which is a good thing. I drink a lot of water. I’m not over weight about 125. I heard protein helps but what foods can I eat with protein? I’m clueless when it comes to nutrition. I would appreciate any help with food choice to help me along.
Thanks,
Sweetkat

I am also a college student (2nd year) However I took myself off of mealplan because I gained somewhere around 5-7 lbs last year, which doesn't sound like a lot but overtime I am sure it would only get higher. I took myself off of meal plan and I make all my meals. Btw I have lost the 5-7 lbs plus additional pounds when I started cooking my own meals and doing regular exercise.

Do you have a fridge? If you do I would suggest just getting some milk and having cereal before school starts (you don't even need a bowl you can just pour it in a cup and drink it), if you don't have a fridge make sure the snacks you buy are like bananas. You can eat a banana on the way to class. You can also buy a bunch of oranges, apples (which don't rot as quickly as other fruits). Buy organic if you can afford to, but if you can't I think there is a list you can look up of the fruits that little to no pesticides are used to grow. I think peaches are one of them. But yea also you can buy carrots and just eat them when you want to snack, etc. I cook all my meals and try not to use the microwave that much, but the time I spend cooking/cleaning is the same time I spent in the cafeteria eating and talking to friends so I don't think of it as a big time commitment. Also you should consult your school's nutritionist if you have one. I am a vegetarian so I didn't really have a choice in rejecting my school's meal plan they don't really cater to veggies as much as they could. Plus I make my meals 1000x more healthy (no butter on my broccoli Wink)

foods with high protein
Its food like fish, eggs, milk, nuts, cheese, chicken, soya products etc Smile

Milani

preparing your own food is sooooooo much healthier and cheaper. Say you spend $5 for lunch everyday. 5x5=25. That's $25 you can use to buy groceries for the week. that's can easily feed you breakfast lunch and dinner for the whole week if you stick to fruits, veggies, bread, and stay away from the junk food stuff at the store (that'll eat into your wallet) You can make lil things like sandwiches and salads for lunch. Peanut butter sandwiches are super easy and it's protein. top your salads with eggs, nuts, raisins, tomatoes, & cucumbers. These are very easy to put together and it doesn't take a lot of time. Make your lunch the night before and make it a habit to wake up earlier everyday so you'll have time to eat something and not feel rushed all the time. I almost forgot... food to eat with protein? they can be anything, veggies, bread, rice - it's your own preference. I hope this will help get you going Big Grin Best luck to you.

Hey guys,
Thanks for the great nutrition advice. I jotted a lot of the great ideas in a note book. So now when I need a quick reference to fixing something to eat I can turn to my notebook. I’m going to do better with my food choice and make more time for breakfast. I’m heading to the grocery store tomorrow so I can get on track! Thanks everyone.

HeartSweetkat

At the heart of the Smoothie Diet is the smoothie. A diet breakfast smoothie starts off the day and is filled with protein and fiber, the perfect one, two combination to battle hunger. Calorie controlled and filled with a healthy supply of vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients , the smoothie not only tastes good, but feels good on the body as well.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon