Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM user tempted by Fenugreek...please help!!!

lilmissprettytits - hahaha. there's so much information on this forum, it makes my brain melt everytime i wander in Smile

i ruminate for weeks & months, searching for info, cross refrencing, supposing. Trying to decide if i'm doing the right thing. This website is a GODSEND, i'm truly grateful to be able to come here & talk to people, i think i may hav driven myself a lil insane otherwise. Wat dya think of goats rue??

I'm taking it coz it wont mess with PM. I'm being brave takin it, i normaly would hav to spend A LOT more time thinkin bout it. But coz its not Phyto estrogenic i'm safe, i figured the worst that cud happen is i cud start to lactate!!!!

You´re welcome, Raya and Lilmissprettytits,

Please don´t let me be misunderstood: FG is a very valuable addition to hops or PM. But an initial growing spurt is not easy, no. I had one on hops. Eve M had one on hops with FG. MydreamisGcup had one on PM. On WY and FG? Nobody I know.

The publication I linked above about all the phyto-estrogens from flax, hops, and soy being digested to the same 17β-estradiol really got me thinking too. What does it mean for an AAA at age, say 30? If she had estrogen receptors that are sensitive to estrogen and that have not been turned around to androgen receptors, she would have grown long ago, and 17β-estradiol from herbs will not help. She should work on turning androgen receptors back to estrogen and on sensitizing estrogen receptors with progesterone. But isn´t that what Ginie has been writing all along?

And Raya,

GR is for luteal phase too. Use it like FG. Susan Beachbumbythesea cycles PM with FG naturally, and Run.Rabbit with a bcp. GorgeousBlonde and lled34aa cycle PM with GR. Only Run.Rabbit finished a cycle on time so far. Follow their posts.

Isabelle,

is it accurate to call FK a phyto nutrient?? And why not take a galactagogoue (GR) to engorge breasts, with a phyto estrogen (PM) ...together, instead of just GR in luteal phase, if you take a b.c injection & have no period to consider, would it make any difference/help/hinder the growing power of PM....wat dya think?

Isabelle,
I'm so confused now after stumbling on this post. I'm 61 & 9 yrs post menopausal. If I read correctly, the FK, WY, SP mix is NOT for menopausal women? What the best for ME?
Thanks so much.

Hi lostacres,

Two traditional supplements for post-menopausal women are hops and PM. I think you can build from there. If you get estrogen dominance symptoms as you increase the dose, a little fenugreek may help, yes. But it may be too much if you are taking antidiabetic medication, like metformin If you want more swelling, try goat's rue, but again, not with metformin. If you have trouble keeping on weight, try maca.

(07-09-2011, 09:24 AM)lilmissprettytits Wrote:  Isabelle,

is it accurate to call FK a phyto nutrient?? And why not take a galactagogoue (GR) to engorge breasts, with a phyto estrogen (PM) ...together, instead of just GR in luteal phase, if you take a b.c injection & have no period to consider, would it make any difference/help/hinder the growing power of PM....wat dya think?

Sorry lilmissprettytits,

I missed this post at the time Blush

Yes you can take GR in luteal phase. But even if you don't have to worry about a cycle, I would still make sure the PM does not outbalance the progesterone, from the b.c. injection.

I know this thread is a little old, but it's extremely interesting and now I'm left with a burning question. Isabelle, how exactly do you turn androgen receptors into estrogen receptors? When you say "turn into" do you mean it literally, or do you mean that the estrogen receptors are simply replaced or outnumbered? I'm not even sure how to clarify my question, because this is the absolute first I've heard of this.

Hi mochaccino,

If androgen receptors are flooded with estrogens, some estrogens can bind to them. These receptors may literally turn into estrogen receptors, yes. I don't know how many, and how long it takes, but I've seen this line of thought in scientific literature too.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon