Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Anyone seen my period??

So I am usually so ready to see the back of the darn thing but this month old Aunt Flo just hasn't shown up!
I was taking FG, SP, WY black cohosh, as main herbs in luteal and PM in the folicular (sp?!!) stage. last month was my 2nd month into NBE.
Once my period didn't show I stopped all herbs thinking that would give my hormones a kick up the bum, but, no - nothing.
I don't think I'm on my own here, well I hope not. I wouold like to ask if any of you ladies have had a similar experience and how long you ha to wait before the blob returned!

I have done 2 pregnancy tests that have shown up negative!!

I assumed that if my calculations were wrong and I took PM for a couple of days too long then it would delay my period by the same number of days. I apologise if I sound naive and ignorant regarding the workings of these things. I know that they herbs I was taking were relatively strong but would they also effect my cycle?
thank you x

Hi Storm,

Did you stop PM on day 12 or later?

I'm not sure about black cohosh: it's supposed to "regulate" the period, but I think it only does that if you take it for a few days each month, and my guess is a period will start three or four days after stopping black cohosh.

You could have ovulated later in the month and not show up positive on a pregnancy test. Or not due for flo yet.

Pregnancy tests are not as sensitive as the ones used in hospitals. If implantation occurs later, it takes awhile for your HCG levels to climb high enough to be detected.

There are a few options:

(1) Something you are taking made you skip 'ovulation' and it can take usually 40 days to reset so to speak. You can check out fertilityfriend.com to get more insight on signs to look for when determining what's going on in your cycle.

(2) You ovulated later or implanted later and a pregnancy test is not able to detect pregnancy yet.

(3) You ovulated later and it hasn't been two weeks post ovulation yet.

My experience with NBE is that it made me more fertile and in the mood to mate. Luckily, I didn't have a partner during those times or I might be asking the same question. Only luckily because I'd want to be married first ;0)

Good luck! Hope you find your answer soon.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon