Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pain and other side effects?

Glad to hear things have worked out. And yes it's easy to obsess over NBE, your looks, etc. There needs to be a happy medium, don't let it consume your life. I hope everything works out!

im actually going through therapy right now too for anxiety, and she's helping me find a balance as well. she thinks this whole thing is actually admirable since im going the natural route, she's just keeping me in check with the balance of focus

So you were starting to have OCD symptoms? Sorry if I'm asking something too personal, I just have a major interest in psychology. I use to have OCD, still have some quirks with it, but not near as bad as I use to be with rituals.

(26-10-2011, 05:52 AM)Anastasia916 Wrote:  So you were starting to have OCD symptoms? Sorry if I'm asking something too personal, I just have a major interest in psychology. I use to have OCD, still have some quirks with it, but not near as bad as I use to be with rituals.

I am actually in therapy specifically due to ocd lol. I've already made pretty big progress so far, i'm happy to say. It takes a conscious effort still, but I am doing it Smile

Ah, thought I was right. The way you were talking sounded like the mindset of someone with OCD. I know it's not easy not to compulse at first, but it gets easier. Have you ever seen the show "Obsessed"?

My compulsions started early in life as a little kid, I would organize things by size, color and shape, sometimes alphabetically by name. I also had to have everything in even numbers. I would also have to have everything facing outward, what I mean by that is say I had baby dolls on a shelf, if one was sideways I would have to turn her facing forward. I'm the same way with things inside cabinets, they have to be facing forward. I use to also clean and organize for hours a day. Even cleaning things that had just been cleaned and didn't need it again. I also had a very long teeth cleaning regimen when I was younger, 20 min teeth cleanings twice per day and I had to brush for at least 1 minute everytime I drank or ate something. This of course caused problems. And if I didn't do these things I would have lots of anxiety.

Now I'm not so bad with everything. I still organize things enough so I know where everything is, but if it gets somewhat out of order I don't freak out anymore. I only clean when it's needed. The facing outward thing I still do with things in the cabinets, but don't freak out if they aren't perfect. I still prefer having things in even numbers, but again it's not a need. Teeth, I brush twice per day now and the longest is at night before bed it's roughly 8 minutes, I floss, clean my tongue, brush, rinse with mouthwash, etc. so I do the most at night.

But yea, someone who has had OCD or still does have it, is more likely to compulse over many things than other people. So it's easy to compulse over NBE so be careful. Many celebrities compulse over their looks and end up addicted to surgery and end up with more surgeries than they can count. So don't let it rule your life, just let it be a small part of it for now.

yes i watch obsessed. makes me cry alot lol. as a kid i had severe anxiety and my ocd was about food and how i chewed(i still have to do even amounts on both sides) or counting everything like tiles and lights. I'm doing much better now too, thanks to wellbutrin and therapy Smile

omg I do the even numbers things with chewing too, like for example the other night hubby was making fun of me while I was eating some cheez-it party mix, I would, for example, pick a cheez it out the box, then have to look and find another one to eat on the other side of my mouth, then say get a pretzel then have to find another one to eat on the other side. I prefer eating this way, but say there is only one left, I don't freak out. I usually just split whatever it is in half or try to find something that is comparable in texture or taste to chew on the other side. I thought I was the only one that did that lol.

When I was little I went to the extreme with it, I would freak out if I didn't have even amounts.

(27-10-2011, 05:56 AM)Anastasia916 Wrote:  omg I do the even numbers things with chewing too, like for example the other night hubby was making fun of me while I was eating some cheez-it party mix, I would, for example, pick a cheez it out the box, then have to look and find another one to eat on the other side of my mouth, then say get a pretzel then have to find another one to eat on the other side. I prefer eating this way, but say there is only one left, I don't freak out. I usually just split whatever it is in half or try to find something that is comparable in texture or taste to chew on the other side. I thought I was the only one that did that lol.

When I was little I went to the extreme with it, I would freak out if I didn't have even amounts.

that sounds exactly like me!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon