Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
(advertisement)

Differences in PM sizes

PM appears to come in so many capsule sizes, which is not like other herbs where there isn't that much variance. Does anyone know why there is so much difference in sizes?

In recent years there has been a big increase in the number of PM brands and they clearly haven't gone down the road of 'one size fits all'. With the increase in the number of brands available there's been an increase in the capsule sizes available. I don't think this matters very much, if at all. Just decide what amount you're looking to take and go from there. The only caution I would add is that some of the bigger sizes are strong doses if you take the amount they suggest on the bottle, so I wouldn't necessarily jump in the deep end, which what taking some of these products would inevitably entail.

Some PM products are extracts of course whilst others are whole root. It's important to take that into account.

The problem with PM is that there's no agreement on what a suitable dose is. Some people have been critical of some brands for recommending the amounts they do and yet in some cases the amounts they recommend seem low anyway, compared to other brands at any rate. Given that there's no agreement on dosage, it's really inevitable that the sizes sold are going to vary considerably, but having said that the smaller capsules sizes are arguably better as it makes it easy to tweak your own dosage.

(29-07-2024, 13:27)clara star Wrote:  some of the bigger sizes are strong doses

Very true and I would suggest that someone taking PM for the first time should not start with one of those bigger sizes.

I can't help wondering if some of those bigger sizes are genuinely PM, given that there are very similar plants.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
(advertisement)