(advertisement)

Evebra Pumping Program

Underbust: 30.5
Bust: 31.75
Bra size: US 32A
Height: 5’3
Weight: 132.5 lbs 

Pumping Schedule:
I’d like to pump for at least 8 hours a night, but to do that I’d have to sleep on my back, which gives me back pain. Sometimes I can hit 8 hours just fine, sometimes I wake up in pain after only 3 hours and have to remove the domes so I can sleep on my side. I’m trying to make up for the lost hours by pumping at a much higher pressure (about 50 mmhg) with a manual pump for 1 hour, before switching to an electric smart pump at a much lower pressure (20 to 30 mmhg) and going to sleep. 

Review of Evebra and Noogleberry:
I own the Evebra system, the Noogleberry system, and an old Brava smart pump. The Brava is basically just an older version of the Evebra that’s no longer being produced. The Evebra system is an electric pump and a very unique set of domes designed to maintain suction for many hours at a time, even while the user is moving around. I can confirm that the Evebra maintains suction drastically better than any manual system ever could. There really is no comparison in that regard. I was even able to jog in the Evebra without losing suction. By contrast, when I’m using my Noogleberry cups and rings, I can’t even lean to the side without loosing suction. The Noogleberry system is just a basic manual system with a hand pump, but it’s much, much, much cheaper than any electric system, especially the Evebra. Noogleberry also sells optional silicone padding rings that I own and highly recommend.

For anyone that’s interested in sleep pumping, and trying to decide between the two systems, I’ll try to compare and contrast them as best I can. Comfort and fit are the biggest issues. Some people have said that they find the Evebra domes and padding “skirts” to be much more comfortable than Noogleberry domes and rings. I expected that to be true for me too, but so far I’ve had the opposite experience. I’m sure the comfort and fit of the domes depends on your build. You can tell by my measurements that I’m not that small or that big. I’m a pretty average size. I still find the Evebra domes and skirts to be absolutely massive and difficult to position comfortably. No matter how much effort I put into smoothing down the dome skirts, they still bunch up, and pinch my skin, and get sucked pretty far into the domes. I’m convinced that they would not do that if the domes and skirts were a bit smaller in every dimension except depth. For that reason, I find the Noogleberry domes to be much, much more comfortable than the Evebra. Having said that, If I actually decided to follow Evebra’s recommendations and pump for at least 12 hours a day, I would need to pump while walking around and doing chores and I absolutely cannot do that while wearing the Noogleberry domes. Plenty of people have said they do work on their laptops while pumping with the Noogleberry, and I can’t even manage that. If I move my arms just a little too far or too quickly, or if I lean just a little too far in any direction, the domes instantly fall off. I’ve tried wearing a sports bra over them to hold them in place, and it did stop them from falling to the floor and cracking, but it didn’t stop them from losing suction. The Evebra, on the other hand almost never looses suction, and when it does, all I have to do is press down on the domes for a second or two and they’ll almost instantly regain suction. When my Noogleberry domes loose suction, I have to reapply some kind of lubricant, lay down flat on my back, completely reposition them, and wait at least a minute, if not more, for them to regain suction. Weirdly, this is not an issue when I’m sleeping on my back. As long as the Noogleberry domes are attached to a smart pump, not the hand pump they come with, they maintain suction all night with no issues. Hopefully now you can understand why I’m having second thoughts about my Evebra purchase. The Evebra works drastically better for pumping while awake and moving around, but the Noogleberry, in combination with an old Brava smart pump, works just fine for sleep pumping, and is much more comfortable for my body shape. I’m only keeping the Evebra because I’d like to have the option to pump during the daytime, so I can get in more hours, but I’m not sure whether I’ll ever have the time or the will. 

BTW, Evebra seems to be giving referral codes to everyone who buys their system right now, since they’re desperate for advertising. I can understand why that might skeeve some people out, but you can DM me for mine if you’re sure you want an Evebra and you want to save a few bucks.

Thanks for your detailed post. I'm sure many people will find it very informative. Regarding the Evebra, it seems that you can use it whatever you're doing, even jogging as you said, which is a big factor in its favor.

(07-09-2024, 21:43)blueheart Wrote:  Thanks for your detailed post. I'm sure many people will find it very informative. Regarding the Evebra, it seems that you can use it whatever you're doing, even jogging as you said, which is a big factor in its favor.

I forgot to mention some important things about that. I was jogging indoors in my own home. The Evebra looks absolutely ridiculous underneath any top, IME. It’s extremely obvious and weird looking even underneath a huge sweatshirt.  More importantly, I was using my old Brava pump at the time. The Brava pump is very light and tiny. So much so that you can easily tuck it into the bra. If I were using the actual Evebra pump I would either need to find a surface to set it down on, (and be careful to never move away from that surface) or I’d have to strap the pump to my body somehow. If someone out there were brave enough to jog outdoors in an Evebra, they would need to hold the huge pump in their hand the whole time, with a tube visibly dangling out of the bottom of their shirt, or they’d need to shove the pump into a fanny pack. Come to think of it, anyone who plans to do chores and such in an Evebra should probably consider buying a fanny pack to lug the pump around. The size of the pump is manageable, but it’s still an unnecessary annoyance. I hope they upgrade to a much smaller pump eventually.

Time for my weekly update. I’m actually a little late. I started on the 5th and meant to update on the 12th. I missed one day of pumping. I averaged only about 3 hours and 40 minutes a day, including the day I didn’t pump at all. As usual back pain, and the fact that I don’t pump during the day time, are the reasons I’m getting in so few hours on average. I missed a day of pumping, because the back pain makes me lose sleep, and there’s only so many days of sleep deprivation I can stand before I need a break.

Like I said before, I’ve been trying to pump at a much higher pressure for 1 hour per night to hopefully make up for the missed hours. All of a sudden, the cups will not hold suction when I switch to the hand pump to pump at a higher pressure. I have no idea if it’s the hand pump that's the issue or what. I see no visible holes on the tubing, and I’m almost completely sure that there’s no issue with the Noogleberry cups and domes. 

TLDR: I haven’t been meeting the minimum low pressure pumping hours because of back pain caused by lying on my back while pumping, and I can’t pump at a high pressure because there’s something wrong with my system and I’m not sure what the problem is.

I’ll be posting my average hours every week, and updating my measurements once a month.

Week 1 average pumping hours per night: 3 hours and 40 minutes 

I realized that the issue was the piece of tubing that I use to connect my manual pump to the evebra’s t-connector. I can pump at high pressure again, thank god. I replaced the damaged piece with the exact same type of tubing though. God knows how long it’ll last before it fails in the same way the other one did.

(14-09-2024, 22:06)ShelaVenna Wrote:  I have no idea if it’s the hand pump that's the issue or what.

Let me understand a little more. Does you electric pump run continuously? Does it cycle, or just runs occasionally to maintain the pressure? You could try putting a few drops of oil into the hand pump inlet, that might make it work better.

(15-09-2024, 07:01)James98 Wrote:  
(14-09-2024, 22:06)ShelaVenna Wrote:  I have no idea if it’s the hand pump that's the issue or what.

Let me understand a little more. Does you electric pump run continuously? Does it cycle, or just runs occasionally to maintain the pressure? You could try putting a few drops of oil into the hand pump inlet, that might make it work better.
There’s nothing wrong with my electric pumps. I thought there might be something wrong with my manual pump, but then I realized that the tubing was the problem. I switched out one of the pieces of tubing and now everything is fine.

I wish I could edit my old post, because I just realized I do not have a referral code to give away and probably never will. I signed up with Shopify in an email Evebra sent me after purchase. It said they’d send me a referral code after sign up. I figured I’d be getting it any minute. After I hadn’t received a response for several days, I checked their website and realized that they probably meant to send me a link to sign up with “Shopify Collabs”, which you can only join if you’re a content creator with a certain minimum number of followers. Long story short, they are not giving referral codes to every random customer. At least that means that the most of the reviews on this forum are unlikely to be biased.

I pumped for even fewer average hours this week, mainly because I missed 2 days of pumping. Sleep deprivation again. I don’t do well with being woken up in the middle of the night. Sometimes when pumping wakes me up, I can’t go back to sleep for a whole 2 hours. I am still pumping at a higher pressure for 1 hour per night before switching to my lower pressure electric pump. I believe that I’m getting use to sleeping on my back, but that may just be wishful thinking. I can’t justify why I believe that, when I still woke up with back pain after 3 hours most nights. I absolutely have to start scheduling in some pumping hours while awake, or I’m never going to get in enough hours to make this worth doing.

Week 2 average hours pumping per day: 2.5 hrs Sad

4 hours would be better, but 2.5 is good. Don't be afraid of skipping days. Many successful women have made the statement "maybe I could have done better if I had been more consistent" But I believe they did better because they were not consistent. Massage with oil every day, but take breaks from pumping.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
(advertisement)