Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
(advertisement)

Fenugreek powder, maca powder, fennel powder?

I've been lurking a bit here and at nbe reddit but never found posts or info about usage of fenugreek powder instead of seeds or caps. I have a very hard time with fenugreek seeds. Is it ok to use those herbs (fenugreek, fennel, maca) in a powder form and how much in teaspoons should I use? I'll be very grateful for any info, it will save my program and might help other girls. Thanks.

I haven't got any experience of Maca, but I'm quite familiar with Fenugreek and Fennel. Basically for those two, the amount you should be looking at for NBE purposes is 3 teaspoons a day of each. I'm assuming that we're talking about powdered herb here rather than dried and powdered herb, otherwise it would be just 1 teaspoon a day of each.

Yes it's definitely OK to use those herbs in powder form. Fennel has a very nice taste I think, licorice like. Fenugreek has a maple syrup taste with a hint of bitterness, which is quite a pleasant taste to me although it's not for everyone. I haven't tasted Maca powder personally, but it's used as a dressing on various dishes so it must be nice enough I would think. Let us know how you get on.

(20-05-2024, 14:56)black eyed susan Wrote:  I haven't got any experience of Maca, but I'm quite familiar with Fenugreek and Fennel. Basically for those two, the amount you should be looking at for NBE purposes is 3 teaspoons a day of each. I'm assuming that we're talking about powdered herb here rather than dried and powdered herb, otherwise it would be just 1 teaspoon a day of each.

Thanks for the reply! I'm a bit confused about extracts and powders. "3 teaspoons a day of each" is about powder? And "1 teaspoon a day of each" is about extract? I can't afford extracts and pills so I'm trying to find info about just powders (if I understand everything clearly). And just powders are very much affordable where I'm in. The seeds were VERY gross and inconvinient to use. Seems like powders with water should be easier to taste. But I was told that powders are hard on stomach so that's another issue.

(20-05-2024, 18:22)Charley Rose Wrote:  Yes it's definitely OK to use those herbs in powder form. Fennel has a very nice taste I think, licorice like. Fenugreek has a maple syrup taste with a hint of bitterness, which is quite a pleasant taste to me although it's not for everyone. I haven't tasted Maca powder personally, but it's used as a dressing on various dishes so it must be nice enough I would think. Let us know how you get on.

Thank you for the reply! The same as I replied to Susan, I'm confused about extracts in powder form and powders. I didn't know there was a difference to be honest. Did you use extract powder or powder? Sorry if the question is unclear, I'm trying to understand.

I just used powdered herb, i.e. whole herb in powder form, which is what you normally find is available.

The usual amount of Maca powder taken daily is 1-3 teaspoons. That’s a standard therapeutic dose. I don’t know if NBE doses are different.

By the way, don’t use the gelatinised Maca because the heat process destroys some of the nutrients. Go for the regular type.

(20-05-2024, 22:38)Charley Rose Wrote:  I just used powdered herb, i.e. whole herb in powder form, which is what you normally find is available.

Thank you for clarification! Mind if I ask how much did you take (fenugreek and fennel)? Now everything makes sense then. I hope I won't get any stomach issues etc. But I'm curious to try.

(20-05-2024, 23:59)Rozu Wrote:  The usual amount of Maca powder taken daily is 1-3 teaspoons. That’s a standard therapeutic dose. I don’t know if NBE doses are different.

By the way, don’t use the gelatinised Maca because the heat process destroys some of the nutrients. Go for the regular type.

I do use only maca powder already for a week now (couldn't even find the gelatinized ones). I'm using 1 tsp, might up it to 2 tsp soon. Thank you, I'll continue buying the maca powder then!

(20-05-2024, 19:07)Lll Wrote:  I'm a bit confused about extracts and powders. "3 teaspoons a day of each" is about powder? And "1 teaspoon a day of each" is about extract?

Hello. No, that isn't it. It's nothing to do with extracts. Let me explain. There are two kinds of herbal powders, powdered herb and dried and powdered herb. I'm assuming that the powders you were thinking of buying were the first of these, powdered herb, i.e. seeds which are simply ground into powder. In this case it's the 3 teaspoons a day. If on the other hand you were getting dried and powdered herb, i.e. seeds which are both dried and ground, then this kind of powder would be more concentrated, so in this case it would be the 1 teaspoon a day.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
(advertisement)